Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Re: Around The NBA: 3.0 

Post#301 » by chifan1798 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 am

Ugh, I hate the wizards
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#302 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:06 am

Good job, Portland. Just hold on here.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#303 » by TheStig » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:14 am

Mark K wrote:
dice wrote:bosh final year in toronto: 24/11 on 59%TS
love final year in minny: 26/13 on 59%TS

bosh year 1 w/ lebron: 19/8 on 57%TS
love year 1 w/ lebron: 18/10 on 56%TS

very similar declines in production (slightly bigger for love)

Production is similar, though i don't think impact has been. Whilst it took some time, i thought Bosh was integrated much better. It just came down to playing next to 2 elite wings with who were ball dominant and high volume.

In Cleveland, Lebron hasn't been as good as Irving isn't as good as Wade to command as much volume.

They will have to shell out a bit contract for Kevin Love. If he is only an 17.5 & 10 guy with zero defense, and they're paying 18-20m annually as a 3rd option, honestly, i find that laughable.

I think you're remembering Bosh more toward the end when Wade fell off and his D improved. People were joking it was 2 and a half men in the beginning. He looked just as bad as Love does.
chifan1798
RealGM

Post#304 » by chifan1798 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:18 am

Massive brain fart by Wall right there. They just wasted a ton of time.....oh well. Hold on to this Portland!!
chifan1798
RealGM

Post#305 » by chifan1798 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:20 am

That's game. Nice job by LA playing with the injury
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#306 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:22 am

And just like that we're back to within half a game of the #2 seed. Weren't we all just panicking and firing our coach and trading everyone just a few days ago? :D
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#307 » by bondom34 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 am

Hmmmm...aren't you 2-0 since this thread's title changed?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
unknownnewbie
General Manager
And1: 1,294

Post#308 » by unknownnewbie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:33 am

According to Woj:

Strong belief within the Pistons that guard Brandon Jennings tore his Achilles tonight, but won't know for sure until MRI on Sunday.

(Is it me, or have there been way more Achilles injuries to basketball players in the last couple years than we had seen in the past?)
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#309 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:34 am

bondom34 wrote:Hmmmm...aren't you 2-0 since this thread's title changed?

We were schadenfreucked
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: Re: Around The NBA: 3.0 

Post#310 » by kingkirk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:59 am

TheStig wrote:Mark, we have plenty of moveable deals. We just don't want to give them up. I don't blame them.

That being said, I wouldn't include MDJ in that group. He needs to be upgraded. And we have the pieces in MDJ, Snell, expiring and pick to get it done.

Let me rephrase that then.

We have plenty of contracts on the books that are moveable, but we don't want to move them because the players on those deals are all required and rotational guys.

The Cavs, they traded away a guy with a moveable contract, but he was someone that they didn't want in their rotation.

The Grizzlies did the same thing.

That's why, to me, it's not a comparable situation to look at the Cavs making moves and asking "why are we not doing anything?".
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#311 » by TheStig » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 am

Mark K wrote:
TheStig wrote:Mark, we have plenty of moveable deals. We just don't want to give them up. I don't blame them.

That being said, I wouldn't include MDJ in that group. He needs to be upgraded. And we have the pieces in MDJ, Snell, expiring and pick to get it done.

Let me rephrase that then.

We have plenty of contracts on the books that are moveable, but we don't want to move them because the players on those deals are all required and rotational guys.

The Cavs, they traded away a guy with a moveable contract, but he was someone that they didn't want in their rotation.

The Grizzlies did the same thing.

That's why, to me, it's not a comparable situation to look at the Cavs making moves and asking "why are we not doing anything?".

MDJ is a 34 year old wing struggling to come back from an ankle injury. Who even before the injury struggled to keep up with wings. He is a very good spot up shooter but little else. Dion Waiters, a trade exception and picks are all much better assets. I think we can afford to let him go for an upgrade at SF. We are starting Tony Snell now for goodness sake. Just give Denver MDJ, Snell, Bairstow and a pick for Chandler already.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#312 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:28 am

Apparently Derrick popped in to another funeral the other day -

Also, we see you Chad Ford. He's been retroactively changing his draft boards years after the draft to make himself look better - not too subtle at times either, moving Giannis up 9 spots, Deandre Jordan up 10, Austin Rivers down 8, etc. -

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2t ... ars_after/
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#313 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:48 am

Also, two D-League wing call-ups are performing pretty well - Langston Galloway, over 7 games, is shooting 44% and 38% from 3, averaging 16 points per 36 for the Knicks.

Quincy Miller also just played his first meaningful minutes for the Kings and scored 13 in the GSW game.

They're not world beaters, but you can definitely find serviceable D-League talent if you look in the right places. With Snell looking solid and Doug better than any D-League prospect we're probably not as thin as we think we are, but it's worth thinking about. Personally, while Mike's out, I want to see Doug get some minutes. We have Snell and Jimmy right now, with Kirk and Moore both playing minutes at the 2 (and having us pulling our hair out). Doug should at least be getting some backup minutes at SF.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by kingkirk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:00 am

GimmeDat wrote:Apparently Derrick popped in to another funeral the other day -

Also, we see you Chad Ford. He's been retroactively changing his draft boards years after the draft to make himself look better - not too subtle at times either, moving Giannis up 9 spots, Deandre Jordan up 10, Austin Rivers down 8, etc. -

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2t ... ars_after/

Make a thread about this. We need thread that promote Rose in a positive light as well.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#315 » by kingkirk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:05 am

TheStig wrote:MDJ is a 34 year old wing struggling to come back from an ankle injury. Who even before the injury struggled to keep up with wings. He is a very good spot up shooter but little else. Dion Waiters, a trade exception and picks are all much better assets. I think we can afford to let him go for an upgrade at SF. We are starting Tony Snell now for goodness sake. Just give Denver MDJ, Snell, Bairstow and a pick for Chandler already.

You're completely underrating Mike by saying he just a good spot up shooter. He would be the perfect back SF.

For those advocating for trading Mike, it seems like no comprehension is taken into account to the fact that our depth chart does not change.

Snell would still be the back up. Snell would still be the starter if Chandler were to sit out.

Actually, that's not true. We wouldn't have Snell, either. We're potentially shortening the rotation and depth from what it already is now.

It all but guarantees Hinrich will consistently see 25-27 minutes a night.

Unlike a Tayshaun Prince, who expires, you're also wanting Denver to take on our trash that remain under contract. It's not happening and nor is it comparable to what Cleveland and Memphis were able to manufacture.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#316 » by SaiCLE » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 am

Mark K wrote:The Cavs made good moves. I wouldn't call them moves that have changed the game given that the defense still looks really vulnerable.

Mozgov is an upgrade over having Love or Thomspon play out the season at C, but he is still the only C on their roster with any credibility.

They still haven't figured out what to do with Kevin Love, and they only have 38 games to do so.

With Smith in town, and Shumpert to return, those are 2 guys that are going to take away shots from Love and/or Irving.

JR is jacking up shots. He is taking 13 a game, with 8 of those coming from the 3 point line each night.

I am more than happy for the Cavs to continue to funnel their offense through other guys not named Kevin Love. It takes away from their 'big 3', and at this point, Love isn't even at a Chris Bosh level.

It may work in the short term, but this isn't favourable for them in the long term. They need to learn to integrate Love into their offense better. They have him sitting on the 3 point line, standing around like a glorified Mike Miller.

That's a win for Chicago and every other team in the league if they have the basketball more in the hands of Kyrie Irving, JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, instead of Kevin Love.

The Cavs run a motion offense. So some guys will score on different nights. Love is dealing with multiple injuries. In fact Cavs are giving him the ball in the high/mid post now but he's not converting on his shots.

Believe it or not Jr Smith scores majority of his points off open catch and shoot opportunities. Kyrie has improved dramatically at defense. We ice on the pnr now it is working great especially since mozgov is bullying every one. What's bad for the league is the fact that the Cavs not only found their groove on defense and offense but every one bought into blatt offense finally
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#317 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:10 am

I always liked Blatt. If he was ever going out the door, it's because the players were to arrogant to buy in.

I'm a bit worried by the Cavs, tbh. The defense is never going to be great and their bench is always going to be bad, but their additions have done enough to make their weaknesses somewhat tolerable.

You never know what you're going to get out of JR, and for a team with not great momentum I was skeptical to see how his addition would impact the team, but I said the moment the trade went down that he's an elite catch and shoot scorer, and if they can get him to do just that, he'll be massive at that 2 spot. I agree that ultimately they need to focus on getting Love more involved, but JR isn't holding them back from doing that with how he's playing right now.

Shumpert is a very nice bench addition, and Movgov is making a big impact in the middle.

Not declaring they've necessarily worked it all out yet, but the talent on that team is immense and right now they're looking good.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#318 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:29 am

I agree with Mark K...

We have moveable assets we just dont want to move them..because Thibs, FO think that they need them!
MDJ, Snell as of right now are on good cheap contracts and I wouldnt move them as well! I like what I saw from Snell last 3 games and maybe he can pull it of and became solid rotation player as we hoped. MDJ is solid veteran which every team needs,on 3M contract! WIN for BUlls! :)
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#319 » by maynardo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 am

wow, jennings was killing it for detroit... now they're screwed. Injuries suck

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/559235947821551616[/tweet]
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#320 » by jc23 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:25 am

RememberLu wrote:Cavs are just on a post-trade high right now. I want to see them sustain this

exactly, you see the same thing happen after a coach is fired in the middle of the season as well. I do think they are better post trade though. I also think they hurt themselves some in the long run.
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls