Image ImageImage Image

Anyone know anything about DJ Kennedy?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Anyone know anything about DJ Kennedy? 

Post#1 » by MGB8 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Wiretap says we're interested.

While I'd rather move a future first or couple of second rounders for a guy who has proven something in the NBA to help fill the reserve SG/SF hole (or hedge against Snell and McDermott failing), could Kennedy fill that void?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Re: Anyone know anything about DJ Kennedy? 

Post#2 » by dougthonus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 pm

MGB8 wrote:Wiretap says we're interested.

While I'd rather move a future first or couple of second rounders for a guy who has proven something in the NBA to help fill the reserve SG/SF hole (or hedge against Snell and McDermott failing), could Kennedy fill that void?

To state the obvious, odds on any player not presently in the NBA filling any meaningful role on a good team are very, very low.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#3 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Typical swingman that can't stick in the league.
ROLES & HOLES
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#4 » by kodo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:16 pm

The WT said Kennedy was a Bulls target for next season.

He can't play for us this season, he's already on a contract in Europe.

So this isn't about our current wing problem.
RomeDaDome
Junior
And1: 43

Post#5 » by RomeDaDome » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 am

He did the music at my cousins wedding...

Typical WT update on obscure player... Wikipedia has him at 6'6" and 216lbs. Remember somebody else with those measurements?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#6 » by ManualRam » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:20 pm

jack of all trades, master of none lefty. decent athlete, average in that department. tries hard on defense. comfortable handling the ball, but doesnt have breakdown ability. more-so the ball screen type handler. willing passer with solid vision. not a great shooter.
thats about it. pretty meh to me.

i'd rather give willie warren a call, but im biased.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#7 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm

I know he can't lead us to the promise land
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#8 » by DJHill » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:58 pm

ManualRam wrote:jack of all trades, master of none lefty. decent athlete, average in that department. tries hard on defense. comfortable handling the ball, but doesnt have breakdown ability. more-so the ball screen type handler. willing passer with solid vision. not a great shooter.

Curious, what's your opinion on Damion James? Wiretap said we were interested in him too.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#9 » by ManualRam » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 pm

DJHill wrote:
ManualRam wrote:jack of all trades, master of none lefty. decent athlete, average in that department. tries hard on defense. comfortable handling the ball, but doesnt have breakdown ability. more-so the ball screen type handler. willing passer with solid vision. not a great shooter.

Curious, what's your opinion on Damion James? Wiretap said we were interested in him too.

i havent seen much of him recently but coming out of college he was the typical athletic tweener who lacked ball skills. didnt shoot it well, didnt have advanced moves off the bounce. physically strong with long arms. he was basically an undersized PF who benefited from being more athletic than most college 4s. he played hard though. he wasnt lacking for effort or awareness on the defensive end. i saw him as an energy, utility guy who could guard 3s and some 4s, run the floor hard, fill the wings, slash off of passes, crash the glass.
maybe teams are looking for another draymond green type player. i can see a bit of that in james, although i see he hasnt nearly advanced in his shooting like draymond has.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to Chicago Bulls