Image ImageImage Image

Pg: Bulls were Whitesided

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,204

Re: Pg: Bulls were Whitesided 

Post#681 » by fleet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
fleet wrote:
DannyNoonan1221 wrote:Sorry I don't have time to look through the whole thread, but someone please tell me Taj came up at some point...

The guy literally WOULD NOT PASS the ball. He shot down any chance the team had at a comeback in the game. He is the reason Whiteside had a triple double. Taj was set on scoring on him one on one, or two on one, or three on one. It didn't matter. If Taj got the ball within 10 feet of the basket he was backing him down and shooting and Whiteside was racking up another block.

It was the first time I was legitimately pissed with Thibs- after about 4 possessions of this (not consecutively) I saw gasol go to the scorer's table in the background and I was hoping when they showed the players again Taj wouldn't be there- but he was. It was brutal.

Taj might be more stubborn than Thibs, or at least he was on Sunday afternoon. It was bad, bad basketball to watch- extremely frustrating.

Taj does not pass well out of the post. Granted. But he knows when the team around him is mailing it in. He wants to win so bad and he tries so hard, he figured he had to do it himself since nobody else was. Stupid? Probably. But he wouldn't be doing that to such an extent if the other guys were playing basketball that night. When I see stuff like that, my anger and frustration is not directed at the guy who tries too hard. For my way of thinking.

Everyone got blocked by Whiteside yesterday. People want to use this fancy 2015 3pt barrage game tactic when there are no 3 pt shooters other than MDJ who is missing in action. The rest of them were missing 3 pointers without even the rebounders being set.

Strategically, it makes sense to have a diverse offense of 3 pt shooting and post-up game. Pau, Joakim can't do that and Taj is the only sneaky strong big on the team. He scored in the post a couple of times when Whiteside was not set and got some fouls too. If everyone else can bring his and Niko's energy for their minutes, the Bulls record would be a lot better.

Noah Taj and Niko are probably the nutsack of this team. The rest of them are often soft and missing and they don't take it personal I guess. Title teams have whole rosters of guys that dont settle for jumpers when a team gets tough with them. They might get in a fight under the hoop if things are getting embarrasing instead of trying to make smart plays. But I think this Bulls needs more of that fighting spirit. They went down soft. Most of them.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#682 » by bullslas » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 am

fleet wrote:
DannyNoonan1221 wrote:Sorry I don't have time to look through the whole thread, but someone please tell me Taj came up at some point...

The guy literally WOULD NOT PASS the ball. He shot down any chance the team had at a comeback in the game. He is the reason Whiteside had a triple double. Taj was set on scoring on him one on one, or two on one, or three on one. It didn't matter. If Taj got the ball within 10 feet of the basket he was backing him down and shooting and Whiteside was racking up another block.

It was the first time I was legitimately pissed with Thibs- after about 4 possessions of this (not consecutively) I saw gasol go to the scorer's table in the background and I was hoping when they showed the players again Taj wouldn't be there- but he was. It was brutal.

Taj might be more stubborn than Thibs, or at least he was on Sunday afternoon. It was bad, bad basketball to watch- extremely frustrating.

Taj does not pass well out of the post. Granted. But he knows when the team around him is mailing it in. He wants to win so bad and he tries so hard, he figured he had to do it himself since nobody else was. Stupid? Probably. But he wouldn't be doing that to such an extent if the other guys were playing basketball that night. When I see stuff like that, my anger and frustration is not directed first at the guy who tries too hard. For my way of thinking. That would be last on my list.

Taj has never passed. That was my biggest problem with him last year. Teams double team him and he still backs his guy down low just to get blocked. He also has bad hands.
Gmoney3
Bench Warmer
And1: 445

Post#683 » by Gmoney3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:17 am

bullslas wrote:
Gmoney3 wrote:
bullslas wrote:
I don't know, I disagree with this. Niko was playing pretty good, and saw a drastic cut in minutes..

What fans are asking for is in game adjustments. It seems like Thibs has his rotation set before the game, and never changes, even if things are going bad. Taj is a good player, but Niko, would've done better yesterday. He would've spread the floor and kept the ball moving. It seems odd, Niko hits a 3 and he's pulled seconds later while Taj stays in the game.

If Niko was still getting 18 mpg, his numbers would naturally go up. Fans are also upset as to why Pau is playing the entire quarter. I know his hands are tied, due to the front office giving him Nazr, but you have Niko and Taj. Paul can play 6 or 7 minutes in the 1st and sit. I see other teams handle there players differently. You see Dirk sitting after 6 minutes, but he's back in a few minutes later, he sits again, and he's back again.

No reason to play Pau the entire 1st and 3rd. It makes 0 sense and it needs to change. You see Pau huffing and puffing 9 minutes into the game. He's up there in age, he needs to rest more and can't play 12 minute quarters.

Its not his 1-7 that is keeping him out. He is playing STUPID defense. I love the kid but man some of the mistakes he is making defensively are insane. Plus he is making bad defensive plays worse by just terrible fouls.

This is not a Thibs thing, plenty of coaches would be giving him the quick hook with some of the boneheaded plays he has been making lately.

I'm not sure about that. I saw Taj make some bonehead defensive plays yesterday. And I've seen Taj struggle this year at defense. Let's face it, Butler and Taj have not given us the same effort on defense as they have in the past. They would always bring it, but this year they don't always. I see Taj making the same foul every game. A pump fake, Taj jumps into the shooter. It's more than once a game. I saw Niko do it, and he was pulled instantly.

Niko is not playing as bad as people make it seem on defense.

I love Niko but I do think he is playing very very bad defense. He shows athleticism and strength that give him promise but his defensive results right now just suck.

I've posted on here many times that Taj makes the most boneheaded plays on the team. The thing with Taj defensively is he is still a presence in the paint and mixes good defense in with the boneheaded plays. Niko mixes bad defense with plays almost as stupid as Taj.

Return to Chicago Bulls