Image ImageImage Image

East Predictions (Half Way Point)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Re: East Predictions (Half Way Point) 

Post#61 » by dice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Drellberg wrote:The odds that ensure that "Vegas" gets equal action typically end up being an unbiased and reasonably accurate predictor. Were this not the case, then smart money could enter and earn very high returns. So while the former is true, so is the latter.

the masses can certainly sway it from the "true" odds a bit. maybe a few points on a game spread, for example. but the big "smart" money will indeed take the other side of the bet if things get too out of whack. so when the bulls are listed at 8/1 and the raptors/wizards are 20-25/1, you can be sure that the bulls are legit favorites, even if probably not to the extent that the posted odds might suggest
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#62 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:LOL This 'first round' knockout crap is non-sense. Too much of a big deal being made over the regular season.

I partially agree. Facing Cleveland in the 1st round would suck. Like the Bulls, they are a lot better than their record says. Bulls definitely need to get the 2nd or 3rd seed by season's end. I doubt Cleveland stays as the 5th seed, but you definitely don't want to face a team that talented until the 2nd round if you can help it.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#63 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Spinning, how about you just call this the playoff tracking thread ( with mods OK of course).

That way I won't feel guilty when I have to bump this thread after wins like yesterday night :-)
For love, not money.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#64 » by SpinninHouse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:27 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:Spinning, how about you just call this the playoff tracking thread ( with mods OK of course).

That way I won't feel guilty when I have to bump this thread after wins like yesterday night :-)

That is fine with me. Can a Mod okay this? There is no better feeling then having the team you root for shock you in positive way. Last nights win was huge and it was a game that I did not think we were capable of winning. But after such pathetic losses at home to miserable teams (Orl, Brooklyn, Utah and Miami) I feel we have a lot to prove.

Still don't see us advancing past round 2 but nobody will be happier than me to eat crow.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#65 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:47 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Spinning, how about you just call this the playoff tracking thread ( with mods OK of course).

That is fine with me. Can a Mod okay this? There is no better feeling then having the team you root for shock you in positive way. Last nights win was huge and it was a game that I did not think we were capable of winning. But after such pathetic losses at home to miserable teams (Orl, Brooklyn, Utah and Miami) I feel we have a lot to prove.

Still don't see us advancing past round 2 but nobody will be happier than me to eat crow.

Just to be clear I wasnt calling you out or anything.

I just think seeds 2 through 5 are going to be pretty intense this season and will be fun to keep track of. More importantly, they would also be pretty important to exploit matchup advantages.
For love, not money.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#66 » by SpinninHouse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:

Just to be clear I wasnt calling you out or anything.

I just think seeds 2 through 5 are going to be pretty intense this season and will be fun to keep track of. More importantly, they would also be pretty important to exploit matchup advantages.

Oh I understand completely. One of the best parts about debating on RealGM is being proven right/wrong when the things we are projecting materialize. Hopefully in two months from now my post about projecting us to get bounced in round 2 will look stupid.

Can a mod okay the thread name change?
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#67 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Mod team: Requesting a sticky on this if possible.

Maybe use this thread as a playoff tracker?
For love, not money.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#68 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 am

Case in point:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/560566033678082048[/tweet]
Lebron is going to take games off for every little thing, Cleveland just wants him to be 100% for the playoffs. Love will probably start resting soon too with his back issues.

The Cavs really have no motivation to bust their butts for 3rd seed, 4th or (most likely) 5th is just fine with them.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#69 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:35 am

Illmatic12 wrote:Case in point:

Lebron is going to take games off for every little thing, Cleveland just wants him to be 100% for the playoffs. Love will probably start resting soon too with his back issues.

The Cavs really have no motivation to bust their butts for 3rd seed, 4th or (most likely) 5th is just fine with them.

If u support the Raps, you don't want that happening.
For love, not money.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#70 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:41 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:

Yeah, f Noah is healthy now and keeps playing like he did last night, Chicago will pass up Toronto soon. Cleveland will sweep Toronto with or without HCA
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#71 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:59 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:

Yeah, f Noah is healthy now and keeps playing like he did last night, Chicago will pass up Toronto soon. Cleveland will sweep Toronto with or without HCA

There is another possibility.

Wizards dont have an easy schedule either. If they collpase to the 4th seed, then its Cleveland thats suddenly worried about their first round matchup.

Raps play either Bucks or Hornets and should be fine in the first round.
For love, not money.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#72 » by NinjaBro » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:29 pm

wrong forum
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#73 » by NinjaBro » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:32 pm

sorry, wrong forum
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#74 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:17 pm

NinjaBro wrote:sorry, wrong forum

Still, a good bump.

On the slight chance that you were trolling....nothing about what I said has changed with Chicago's two recent losses.

Unless Toronto stays ahead of the Central division winner ( at this time, it looks like Cavs...but I know its gonna be the Bulls), then the first round matchup is still:

Toronto vs. Chicago / Cleveland.

Which works out really well for either the Cavs or the Bulls.
For love, not money.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#75 » by Madhouse » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 pm

1 Atlanta don't even know if they ever lose again I would guess 65-17
2 Cleveland 54-28
3 Toronto 52-30
4 Washington 50-32
5 Chicago 49-33
6 Milwaukee 44-38