Image ImageImage Image

WIRETAP: Nate Robinson/Bulls Have Exploratory Talks PG. 9

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,308

Re: WIRETAP: Nate Robinson/Bulls Have Exploratory Talks PG. 9 

Post#241 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm

RayClayMatthews wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:OMG (I left the F out in case there are kids reading). SML (I changed the F to an S in case kids are reading). You have to be freaking kidding me. Please no, dear god, anything but this. Anything but my basketball watching experience being turned into watching Brooks and Nate launch 3's all night long and then listening to everyone wonder why the Bulls don't go anywhere in the playoffs. Please, there has got to be another option out there for someone who can actually play the PG position. We have two all-stars and a guy who was all-NBA last season that appears to be getting healthy. We don;t need to give up just so people can watch 3 point contests every night. Please?

suck my life?

followed by "ROOM" (right out of me)
RayClayMatthews
Banned User
And1: 266

Post#242 » by RayClayMatthews » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
RayClayMatthews wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Taj for Jose Calderon anyone?

Since we are likely to salary dump him anyway the coming offseason.

trade deadline passed...

wrong thread mate....I was talking for next year.

Taj is from Brooklyn and this maybe a good thing for all parties involved.

My bad, yaar.... but i thought this is about PGs. Dunno why we are even thinking of next year if Rose is just getting a removal. Nate is the stop gap for this year or so goes the topic, yeah? And there are threads about moving forward so I figured you meant right now
RayClayMatthews
Banned User
And1: 266

Post#243 » by RayClayMatthews » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
RayClayMatthews wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:OMG (I left the F out in case there are kids reading). SML (I changed the F to an S in case kids are reading). You have to be freaking kidding me. Please no, dear god, anything but this. Anything but my basketball watching experience being turned into watching Brooks and Nate launch 3's all night long and then listening to everyone wonder why the Bulls don't go anywhere in the playoffs. Please, there has got to be another option out there for someone who can actually play the PG position. We have two all-stars and a guy who was all-NBA last season that appears to be getting healthy. We don;t need to give up just so people can watch 3 point contests every night. Please?

suck my life?

i like the sound of that. wanna go on a date?
Wont PerDont
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#244 » by Wont PerDont » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:Go on, ignore the rest of his career. Some people really are impressed by one season of pulling a good offensive game out of his butt every 4 or 5 games and stinking the rest of the time. Just another overloved Bull who stinks. Probably the same people who liked JL3 or think D.J. Augustin is "good". What did all 3 do? Filled in for an injured star while playing well under Thibs, got big ridiculous contracts and went back to showing their true selves. Typical casual Chicago fandom. Love the backup or sub, hate the actual star.

You could say the same about D Rose.
Freaky like my lady pyramid...

-Formerly: gineric 12

-P.J. Carlesimo on Denver Coach Brian Shaw (2/21/14): "He's paid his dues and he's ready for a head job..."
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#245 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 pm

RayClayMatthews wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
RayClayMatthews wrote:

suck my life?

i like the sound of that. wanna go on a date?

Fair warning. If you are taking me out it is gonna be an expensive matinee opera, then steak and lobster with multiple bottles of wine, followed by courtside seats at the Bulls game. I'm not cheap, but I'm worth it.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#246 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Wont PerDont wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:Go on, ignore the rest of his career. Some people really are impressed by one season of pulling a good offensive game out of his butt every 4 or 5 games and stinking the rest of the time. Just another overloved Bull who stinks. Probably the same people who liked JL3 or think D.J. Augustin is "good". What did all 3 do? Filled in for an injured star while playing well under Thibs, got big ridiculous contracts and went back to showing their true selves. Typical casual Chicago fandom. Love the backup or sub, hate the actual star.

You could say the same about D Rose.

No, you couldn't.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#247 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:09 pm

AirP. wrote:There actually is another talented player out there not currently signed that Chicago was actually interested in before the season started... Jordan Crawford.

Well, my mantra at this point is "anyone but nate". I'm in.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#248 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:I'll give you the length on their deals. But the money is ridiculous for what they are (and really JL3 got guaranteed money?? I still can't believe that)

As for Robinson, his "career achievements", if you can honestly call them that, are thanks in part to his season in Chicago. The only time he's played 82 games (or close to it) and had his second most career starts.

As for Hinrich, he may be "sucking", but he at least plays both sides of the ball and I'd much rather have him out there any time over Nate Robinson. I couldn't care less if he might score 22. And hoping he can "pop" on the team and give his career averages is highly optimistic. I don't know if you saw him in Denver at all, even before he tore his ACL (he still got run in 44 games that year). It wasn't exactly going to be thrilling their front office. As I've said before, there's a reason he's now been with 6 clubs.

Why is sucking in quotations?

While I disagree with your opinion the Hinrich is worthless, I chuckled at the response. Well done.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,534

Post#249 » by Ice Man » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Stratmaster wrote:Well, my mantra at this point is "anyone but nate". I'm in.

Amen, brother. Preach on.

We have Snell, MDJ, Brooks, Kirk, McDermott, and Niko to shoot 3s. Half our roster is there to shoot 3s. OK we don't use them very well at that role, but that's another story. So now we want to bring on a 7th guy? Who has shot 26% on 3s for the year?

Lawd.

Now, I'd like to sign a Kendalll Marshall type distributor, to move the ball and get shots for our existing shooters. That would be nice.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#250 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Ice Man wrote:

We have Snell, MDJ, Brooks, Kirk, McDermott, and Niko to shoot 3s. Half our roster is there to shoot 3s. OK we don't use them very well at that role, but that's another story. So now we want to bring on a 7th guy? Who has shot 26% on 3s for the year?

Lawd.

Now, I'd like to sign a Kendalll Marshall type distributor, to move the ball and get shots for our existing shooters. That would be nice.

Agreed. People act like the Bulls have no scorers. Gasol and Butler need to pick up the slack, like the have all season long when Rose wasn't playing or was on minute restriction. Not just bring somebody in to chuck 3's. If people think Hinrich sucks too bad to facilitate those guys, or that we need another PG in case of injury...absolutely...positively. Let's go get one. But we don't need a clone of Aaron Brooks; actually, I take Brooks over Nate all day long.

Nate seems like a great guy, a positive influence. I have nothing against him. I just don't want him playing PG for the Bulls again.

We aren't "replacing" DRose. As you said, we need someone who can help the other weapons on the team be more effective; not take the ball out of their hands.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: WIRETAP: Nate Robinson/Bulls Have Exploratory Talks PG. 9 

Post#251 » by kyrv » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

Lawd.

Agreed. People act like the Bulls have no scorers. Gasol and Butler need to pick up the slack, like the have all season long when Rose wasn't playing or was on minute restriction. Not just bring somebody in to chuck 3's. If people think Hinrich sucks too bad to facilitate those guys, or that we need another PG in case of injury...absolutely...positively. Let's go get one. But we don't need a clone of Aaron Brooks; actually, I take Brooks over Nate all day long.

Nate seems like a great guy, a positive influence. I have nothing against him. I just don't want him playing PG for the Bulls again.

We aren't "replacing" DRose. As you said, we need someone who can help the other weapons on the team be more effective; not take the ball out of their hands.

Well said. The needs have changed. Your last paragraph nails it.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#252 » by Tenchi Ryu » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 am

YUS!!!

Best news of the day
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,405

Post#253 » by Indomitable » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 am

Stratmaster wrote:
AirP. wrote:There actually is another talented player out there not currently signed that Chicago was actually interested in before the season started... Jordan Crawford.

Well, my mantra at this point is "anyone but nate". I'm in.

We agree
:banghead:
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#254 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:23 am

I don't necessarily see signing Nate as a basketball related move. Even if Derrick is out we have enough point guards. But Nate can help out immemsely in the area the Bulls have had the most trouble this season - the locker room. He's a terrific teammate, a fun guy to be around, and he has a championship ring. Even if he's 5th on the Bulls' point guard depth chart (as he should be) he can do a lot of good for the Bulls this year.
McBulls
General Manager
And1: 3,564

Post#255 » by McBulls » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 am

Stratmaster wrote:Agreed. People act like the Bulls have no scorers. Gasol and Butler need to pick up the slack, like the have all season long when Rose wasn't playing or was on minute restriction. Not just bring somebody in to chuck 3's. If people think Hinrich sucks too bad to facilitate those guys, or that we need another PG in case of injury...absolutely...positively. Let's go get one. But we don't need a clone of Aaron Brooks; actually, I take Brooks over Nate all day long.

Rose has been taking the ball out of other players hands in 90% of the games he played in this season. So, in that regard, both Brooks and Nate will be an improvement. Same goes for PG defense.

But forget objective analysis. I love watching Nate play. Hope he gets hired.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#256 » by TyrusRose2425 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 am

BullsInBuffalo
Rookie
And1: 423

Post#257 » by BullsInBuffalo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 am

Easy move, get Nate.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach

Post#258 » by TyrusRose2425 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:50 am

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach

Post#259 » by TyrusRose2425 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:52 am

BoozerRoNo
Pro Prospect
And1: 144

Post#260 » by BoozerRoNo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:53 am

According to sources, Bulls and Nate Robinson were getting very close to a deal done until Reggie Rose stepped in the room and said "No, were not bringing Robinson in again to take away attention from Derrick and his injury. We don't want the Bulls to be good unless Derrick is playing. According to Michael Sweetney's sources, someone heard Reggie Rose mumbling, This is why I tell Derrick not to recruit."

Return to Chicago Bulls