Image ImageImage Image

Thibs Future With The Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Re: Thibs Future With The Bulls 

Post#621 » by Ralphb07 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:16 am

coldfish wrote:Front office is having King and Funk give Thibodeau the Ben Gordon treatment. Openly criticizing him in game regardless of what is actually happening on the court. Thibs is so gone.

Yeah, to me it's Finals or bust. They won't fire him though. Teams like Orlando, Denver and New Orleans will come calling and the Bulls will grant Thibs permission. They may not get what Doc got but they will make sure they aren't paying that contract.
BoocheeMan1117
Pro Prospect
And1: 262

Post#622 » by BoocheeMan1117 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:20 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
BoocheeMan1117 wrote:You fire the coach of the year and you end up like Denver is now.

George Karl got out of the 1st round one time in 8 seasons in Denver. Denver won a lot of games, but they were mostly a treadmill team. There was probably one year where people bought them as championship contenders and it was the season of the Chauncey Billups trade.

Thibodeau is a good coach, nobody will argue otherwise. It's blatantly obvious though that he and the organization disagree on almost every aspect of how this team should be run. The headline will read "Bulls fire Thibodeau" or "Bulls trade Thibodeau" but the split will be comsidered mutual.

Denver went from treadmill team to lottery.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#623 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:22 am

Here is the bottom line with Thibs..

You give him a full healthy roster and he wins more games than anyone and gets to the ECF's with an inexperienced young team.

Take away one of his best players for most of a season and he still wins more games than anybody. We'll never know what might have been in 2012, if 4/28 never happens.

Take away his top player, trade another all star and try to tank and he wins 48 games and gets you to the playoffs.

But whenever this team has been even remotely healthy, they are not a treadmill team, they are contenders under this man. Players are also racking up individual accolades like no other team in the league.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#624 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:32 am

BoocheeMan1117 wrote:Denver went from treadmill team to lottery.

Lottery is better than treadmill
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,170

Post#625 » by coldfish » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:43 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
BoocheeMan1117 wrote:Denver went from treadmill team to lottery.

Lottery is better than treadmill

Someone posted a study about a year ago during the "TANK!" fest. Statistically, teams are more likely to pop up to the top from the middle of the pack than the bottom. Generally, teams taking lottery picks tend to keep taking lottery picks.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Re: Re: Thibs Future With The Bulls 

Post#626 » by Mbrahv0528 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:49 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:Friedell is a disgrace to journalism. He is a beat reporter...report the game, injuries etc... and stop analyzing the game as an expert. He didn't even freaking know who Mirotic when he was drafted. He is not paid to give opinions like JVG(who might be wrong). He has no sense of understanding analytics/game knowledge/FO experience to give opinions like Tom Penn does on ESPN TV.

You can tell by his analysis that he is a TMZ type hack who has no accountability. It is a disgrace to ESPN when they have smart guys like Legler, Penn compared to idiots like Nick who has no clue about basketball. Many others have told there is a rift between Thibs/FO but the way they report is measured and not nonsense.

Thank you. Very well said.

I find it odd that you guys are attempting to define his job responsibilities. Obviously the Suntimes doesn't have an issue with him, because if they did they'd replace him.

I understand that he's flawed. All reporters are. KC, Sam, and McGraw all have their short comings as well. I think people hate Friedell in large part because he's not overly congratulatory of the Bulls. I think it's good to have that type of reporter as an option., especially when Smith and Johnson are rarely critical of the team.

Why on earth would they replace him when his hate pieces on the BUlls draw so many clocks? He's like Howard Stern back in the day, people tune in because they want to hear what he has to say, both those that hate him and those that are neutral. Why do you think SKip Bayless has a job still? These types of people will always get jobs regardless of how well theya re actually doing it.
thejet1711
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Thibs Future With The Bulls 

Post#627 » by thejet1711 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:11 am

It's funny how media gets mad for being treated like the bottom feeders they are...

Hear me out..we acknowledge what athletes make just to play a game is outrageous...take it a step further

It's absurd that these people (the media) are paid a very respectable salary to follow the 'jocks' around, ask them their little questions, act like they are in the know when they aren't, then hide behind a mic or Twitter handle with their rainbow of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#628 » by CalilLove89 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:29 am

coldfish wrote:
CalilLove89 wrote:
We once had VDN as our coach, hired by these same boobs.

Good post. Just to add, the Bulls management team did not want Thibodeau in the first place. You can't even give them credit for the hire. By reports, it was actually the Arne Duncan / Obama that pushed Thibodeau through Reinsdorf himself that made it happen.

The Bulls front office does drafting well. Outside of that, cap management, free agency, trades, etc. they just blow. I can see how Gar has risen up so high without much success though. The way he can just lie to the fanbase and media without even blinking is an impressive skill. I'm sure he does the same thing behind closed doors. Dude is a corporate shark.

The worst type of player in the league is a 8-12 million dollar range, you have super role players, not good enough to make a huge difference when it counts and not even close to a superstar at 20 million. Below is a crude value chart.

Min player----------------------3-6mil--------8-12mil------------------------------------------------------------------------max------------------rook contracts that should be maxed.

This team is filled with 8-12 mil players, if not in actual salary then equivalent ability. The only team that has had success with this strategy was the pistons, nobody since and really before has done it, our FO has struck out numerous times on big name FA, they should be held accountable, this is Chicago, not Charlotte. I am sick of seeing posts about saving the owner group money, and being financially solid, it does not matter, the team is worth 2-3 billion dollars, spend some money.

Its the same as people who obsess over how much money Apple is worth, I don't care that they will soon be a trillion dollar market cap company, I just want a phone that works, Apple being worth a trillion dollars means nothing to me if my phone sucks balls. The reference may go over like a wet fart, but I am a tech nerd, so there.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: Thibs Future With The Bulls 

Post#629 » by kyrv » Wed Mar 4, 2015 5:11 am

D_GoLow wrote:The fact that Van Gundy brought up a bad move the Bulls made, at least 2 yrs before Derrick Rose was even on board should say a lot about his character. Bashing an organization while broadcasting one of their games. So disrespectful to Gar, Paxson & the entire organization.

Why not mention all of our good moves Jeff? Like drafting Rose over Beasley? Taj? Jimmy? Niko? Tony? Hiring your boy Thibs??

Or mention bad moves from other teams. He is a petty little clown.
Nucky Thompson
Sixth Man
And1: 652

Post#630 » by Nucky Thompson » Wed Mar 4, 2015 5:13 am

The other day the 2 idiots, Boers and Bernsine, were legitimately on board with fired Thibs and hiring Fred Hoiberg. lol
sicko
Senior
And1: 99

Post#631 » by sicko » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:20 am

I am 100% Behind Thibs, others say fire him I say GIVE HIM MORE POWER and dump the 2 Clown in the Front Office. Makes me wonder if Thibs is being Sabotaged because with all the injuries they sure haven't don't anything to get him help, he is being asked to yet again WORK A MIRACLE!
CalilLove89
Analyst

Post#632 » by CalilLove89 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:21 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:The other day the 2 idiots, Boers and Bernsine, were legitimately on board with fired Thibs and hiring Fred Hoiberg. lol

Boers is collecting a paycheck and Bernstein's sources are close to management, I have never heard him say a single bad word about the bulls management, he craps on players and coaches daily, never even questions the management. He defended the Bulls firing Ron Adams, said he is mouthy and acted like a hotshot and not how an assistant is suppose to act.

They also completely ignored the fact that Jen Swanson is there enforcing minute restrictions, and the Bulls are having their most injury prone season under Thibs. Instead they blamed the injuries on Thibs minute distribution, which he is pretty much no longer in control of.

The only criticisms of Thibs is he plays kirk too much, doug too little, and his rotations are questionable at times. But lets not forget the contract this FO signed Kirk to, and the bounty of picks they gave up for Doug, and Doug has shown absolutely nothing so far that warrants a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

We also have Taj Gibson on this team, who is pretty much inferior to Nikola Mirotic in every category when Nikola plays PF. The only upside to Taj is his ability to play spot minutes at the 5. Instead of making a move at the deadline, they will wait till this summer, when the entire league will be aware that we will try to move Taj.

The radio show is decent when they cover sports politics, but they are really uninformed and biased when talking about the bulls in general, Terry just doesn't care anymore, and Dan acts like he is a son of garpax.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,471

Post#633 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:38 am

Rather then to speak about this anymore I think it just almost best to let the season play out

Tonight's game thread was awesome everyone was coming together even the people that don't agree with each other here, and it was fun,so It's safe to say we all have one thing in mind and that is WINNING,so at least on my part I am done speaking about anti thibs and I am just going to root for this team because seeing tonight's game just tells me why I love this team and I am going to hope we get healthy and go on a strong run in the playoffs with a complete team while hoping for the best because I believe when this team is healthy we are the best!

So lets go bulls!
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#634 » by Payt10 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:57 am

CalilLove89 wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:The other day the 2 idiots, Boers and Bernsine, were legitimately on board with fired Thibs and hiring Fred Hoiberg. lol

Boers is collecting a paycheck and Bernstein's sources are close to management, I have never heard him say a single bad word about the bulls management, he craps on players and coaches daily, never even questions the management. He defended the Bulls firing Ron Adams, said he is mouthy and acted like a hotshot and not how an assistant is suppose to act.

They also completely ignored the fact that Jen Swanson is there enforcing minute restrictions, and the Bulls are having their most injury prone season under Thibs. Instead they blamed the injuries on Thibs minute distribution, which he is pretty much no longer in control of.

The only criticisms of Thibs is he plays kirk too much, doug too little, and his rotations are questionable at times. But lets not forget the contract this FO signed Kirk to, and the bounty of picks they gave up for Doug, and Doug has shown absolutely nothing so far that warrants a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

We also have Taj Gibson on this team, who is pretty much inferior to Nikola Mirotic in every category when Nikola plays PF. The only upside to Taj is his ability to play spot minutes at the 5. Instead of making a move at the deadline, they will wait till this summer, when the entire league will be aware that we will try to move Taj.

The radio show is decent when they cover sports politics, but they are really uninformed and biased when talking about the bulls in general, Terry just doesn't care anymore, and Dan acts like he is a son of garpax.

Well stated.

I'm not a fan of Thibs, personally, but that show does seem to be pro-front office all the way. The whole thing with Paxson getting a promotion after the Del Negro incident was comical, yet no mention of that during the Van Gundy segment from the other day. That pissed me off.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#635 » by Just_Bullz » Wed Mar 4, 2015 9:39 am

I hope Thibs stays and should be given more say in FO decision making. The culture is right with him at the helm.

He should be given players that he wants and my feel is GarPax is not getting the job done.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Post#636 » by Axl Rose » Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:11 am

coldfish wrote:Front office is having King and Funk give Thibodeau the Ben Gordon treatment. Openly criticizing him in game regardless of what is actually happening on the court. Thibs is so gone.

oh man thats the death blow right there
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#637 » by pwrshft99 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:17 am

If GarPax is so smart then why dont they take over coaching duties??

**** me, if Thibs goes I might have to take a break from following the Bulls for awhile. I dont know how much more heartbreak I can suffer through.
#sadbullsfan
CalilLove89
Analyst

Post#638 » by CalilLove89 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:26 am

AirGordon7 wrote:

oh man thats the death blow right there

The entire CSN crew is openly anti-Thibs. Since the all star break there has been not so subtle jabs thrown his way.

During the game against the wizards they literally went on about playing time for a good 2-3 minutes. The balls it must take those two to openly rail against a coach, when he was literally standing less than a foot away from them at the score table is impressive. And then you have schanakonowskyieds tweet about mcbuckets playing time.
CalilLove89
Analyst

Post#639 » by CalilLove89 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:29 am

Ralphb07 wrote:

Yeah, to me it's Finals or bust. They won't fire him though. Teams like Orlando, Denver and New Orleans will come calling and the Bulls will grant Thibs permission. They may not get what Doc got but they will make sure they aren't paying that contract.

Hopefully we can get a trade exception for Thibs, that seems to be the FO go to move for getting rid of top shelf talent.
SlikRik7
Senior
And1: 54

Post#640 » by SlikRik7 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:36 pm

Has anyone considered the possibility that the front office is reasonably happy with Thibs but that he is unhappy with not having any control over the roster and wants out of him contract early?

That's what Windhorst said yesterday on Carmen and Jurko. Was an interesting idea to me. Maybe Thibs doesn't like having a boss, any boss, and it's not specific to things Pax and Gar are doing. Ironic thing is that would mean it's Thibs who has been quietly undermining the front office through intermediaries like JVG and not vice versa.

Return to Chicago Bulls