Image ImageImage Image

D Rose Surgery Thread II- Out 4-6 Wks Updated: SOON

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

conker1
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Re: Derrick Rose Surgery Thread II- Out 4-6 Wks per Gar 

Post#701 » by conker1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Rerisen wrote:I think to many in the media, the Rose saga has already been placed on the same railroad tracks as the Grant Hill or Brandon Roy saga.

Because they aren't Bulls fans, they have no reason to fall back into the hopeful position on the latest news, but rather stick to their initial "3rd injury? It's all over," track that many of us felt as well at first. At least till he proves otherwise and comes back this year, at least as good, or even better than before.

One guess is as good as the other, and perhaps theirs is even the more logical side despite the skepticism.

I agree with you. Still, it would make on heck of a story if he comes back strong.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#702 » by kyrv » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Rerisen wrote:I think to many in the media, the Rose saga has already been placed on the same railroad tracks as the Grant Hill or Brandon Roy saga.

Because they aren't Bulls fans, they have no reason to fall back into the hopeful position on the latest news, but rather stick to their initial "3rd injury? It's all over," track that many of us felt as well at first. At least till he proves otherwise and comes back this year, at least as good, or even better than before.

One guess is as good as the other, and perhaps theirs is even the more logical side despite the skepticism.

Well, it's when they make comparisons that they are being stupid. Predicting he won't be good again, that's a guess, that's fine. But thinking he's like someone with a degenerative condition is not very bright. They need advanced medical stats!
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,578

Post#703 » by Ice Man » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Just as many if not most casual fans wave their arms and say "Thibs, overplays, injuries." As you know, only Jimmy and (arguably) Pau have had heavy minutes this year, and barring bad luck, the team will enter the 2015 playoffs as healthy as any time. Which of course was true in 2012 as well.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#704 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 pm

BullsFTW wrote:
bulls_13 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/571371036253556736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/571371449400864768[/tweet]

Blessing in disguise

I'm going to agree with blessing in disguise and I mean for Derrick and no one else. This is the surgery he should have opted for the first time around and I was pretty mad that he/they chose the repair route last time around. The mental strain of yet another rehab had to be brutal. But most of all it was the money. Whoever was counseling him to choose the surgery to extend his career was steering him dead wrong. Derrick's first priority career wise should have been to make sure and secure a second max contract, not try and add 2 or 3 extra years of minimum salary at the end of his run. The money difference is huge.
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#705 » by Bulls_Fan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Ice Man wrote:

Just as many if not most casual fans wave their arms and say "Thibs, overplays, injuries." As you know, only Jimmy and (arguably) Pau have had heavy minutes this year, and barring bad luck, the team will enter the 2015 playoffs as healthy as any time. Which of course was true in 2012 as well.

I agree w/ the healthy part but this team has a bunch of holes on the roster.

Rose was already struggling and inconsistent when healthy, how will he react when he comes back?
BullsInBuffalo
Rookie
And1: 423

Post#706 » by BullsInBuffalo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 pm

pb-ceo wrote:
BullsInBuffalo wrote:Pretty much everyone on around the horn saying they aren't buying the optimism around rose coming back and a couple said they doubt they see him this year.
Espn still sucks

they don't say things to be right. they say things that will attract the most "heat". ratings in CHI are through the roof with people tuning in to see what nutty thing they will say next. ESPN knows exactly what they are doing. they are media scientists and human psychologists. and people fall for it every time.

I'm a Notre Dame football fan. I know exactly what espn does to boost ratings.

Just passing info
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#707 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:
bulls_13 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/571371036253556736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/571371449400864768[/tweet]

Blessing in disguise

I'm going to agree with blessing in disguise and I mean for Derrick and no one else. This is the surgery he should have opted for the first time around and I was pretty mad that he/they chose the repair route last time around. The mental strain of yet another rehab had to be brutal. But most of all it was the money. Whoever was counseling him to choose the surgery to extend his career was steering him dead wrong. Derrick's first priority career wise should have been to make sure and secure a second max contract, not try and add 2 or 3 extra years of minimum salary at the end of his run. The money difference is huge.

People are saying this surgery still didn't remove his entire meniscus so he is still better off in the long run.
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Derrick Rose Surgery Thread II- Out 4-6 Wks per Gar 

Post#708 » by DRoseCantStop » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:50 pm

BullsInBuffalo wrote:
pb-ceo wrote:
BullsInBuffalo wrote:Pretty much everyone on around the horn saying they aren't buying the optimism around rose coming back and a couple said they doubt they see him this year.
Espn still sucks

they don't say things to be right. they say things that will attract the most "heat". ratings in CHI are through the roof with people tuning in to see what nutty thing they will say next. ESPN knows exactly what they are doing. they are media scientists and human psychologists. and people fall for it every time.

I'm a Notre Dame football fan. I know exactly what espn does to boost ratings.

Just passing info

Noles fan here. Ditto.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#709 » by kyrv » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:05 am

Ice Man wrote:

So of the three most important players, he overplays two and argued against a minutes restriction that Rose needed.

Not sure if you were defending Thibs, but this isn't a pro Thibs thing.
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#710 » by BIG Game » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
WestCost BBC wrote:Even if rose comes back in 4-6 weeks he's got a lot to prove.
He's gonna have to play like a superstar or get us to the ECF for me to not want him gone

People can "want" him gone, but he has two more years on his contract and he will be here until it expires.

Might as well get over that way of thinking.

But if a trade came up, Rose isn't untouchable. We're tied to his contract, so yeah we're not going to release him. But we can find someone willing to give up something for Rose. I'm looking at Sacramento
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Re: Derrick Rose Surgery Thread II- Could Potentially Return This Season 

Post#711 » by chifan1798 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 am

TimRobbins wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:All I'm saying is that I don't expect some miracle to happen over this procedure.

Well yeah, there's a lot of hope going on here. If a repair were likely to screw up the patient after the recovery period, so that the patient is playing with pain that he would not have had with the snip, then the medical profession wouldn't being doing very many repairs, would they?

Seems a lot more likely to me that the knee was alright until relatively recently, and then it had a slight re-tear. Particularly as I recall that the Bulls recently did an MRI on the knee (January?), as a follow-up, and didn't spot anything.

Yup. The consensus here is that this has been holding Rose back the entire season. Like I said, I don't expect some miracle to happen when he's back.

Have we been reading the same thread? In another post, you seem to imply that people think he is going to be MVP Rose again, which I have not seen anyone say.....other than one person making up a make believe story, and saying how crazy it would be if Rose came back and we won it all. Other than that, people just seem to be excited that he should be returning in time for the playoffs. Just because people think that he will be pain free, doesn't mean that people think that he is going to have some miraculous turnaround. Just as many people thought at the beginning of the season, we don't need MVP version rose to get to the finals.....the sentiment is still the same. Even the up and down derrick that we have seen all season could be enough
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Derrick Rose Surgery Thread II- Out 4-6 Wks per Gar 

Post#712 » by aramada » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 am

Hilarious bits from article about Metta:

"I went online and was like, 'Yo, what was the fastest somebody ever recovered from a meniscus tear?' " World Peace recalled. "I was thinking it was going to say something like four weeks and somehow I read a week and I was like, 'Oh, then I'm the week kind of guy.'"

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=36349&city=losangeles&src=desktop
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,412

Post#713 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 am

We get great news regarding Rose, and some people still want to trade him :nonono:
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#714 » by The Evidence » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 am

red222 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9tVyu9IQw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Why didnt we have this guy do the surgery the first time instead of Dr. Nick? :crazy:
CB4L
Starter
And1: 549

Post#715 » by CB4L » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 am

The Evidence wrote:
red222 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9tVyu9IQw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Why didnt we have this guy do the surgery the first time instead of Dr. Nick? :crazy:

please tell me you're joking
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: Derrick Rose Surgery Thread II- Could Potentially Return This Season 

Post#716 » by TimRobbins » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 am

chifan1798 wrote:Have we been reading the same thread? In another post, you seem to imply that people think he is going to be MVP Rose again, which I have not seen anyone say.....other than one person making up a make believe story, and saying how crazy it would be if Rose came back and we won it all. Other than that, people just seem to be excited that he should be returning in time for the playoffs. Just because people think that he will be pain free, doesn't mean that people think that he is going to have some miraculous turnaround. Just as many people thought at the beginning of the season, we don't need MVP version rose to get to the finals.....the sentiment is still the same. Even the up and down derrick that we have seen all season could be enough

Not going to get into an argument about this. There is some wildly optimistic consensus about Rose's ability when he comes back. I'd hate to see this board if Rose comes back and doesn't meet those expectations.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#717 » by Jvaughn » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:52 am

red222 wrote:
kyrv wrote:
fleet wrote:If you don't like what someone said, report. If people end up sniping and talking about each other instead of the subject, we would end up locking the thread. Please move on

Random aside, Re mentioned this the other day about not responding, the mobile app, at least mine, the report functionality was taken away (as I believe ignore), or they got moved and it's child proof. (Just an fyi, not suggesting this makes responding okay.)

Plus a day is a day of celebration.

Where is the young guy dancing gif??

Today is not Duane worthy. When he actually steps back on the floor, we'll boogie down with Duane, Jean Claude, and the whole crew.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
SSSFreak
Lead Assistant
And1: 854

Post#718 » by SSSFreak » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:37 am

Jvaughn wrote:
red222 wrote:
kyrv wrote:
Random aside, Re mentioned this the other day about not responding, the mobile app, at least mine, the report functionality was taken away (as I believe ignore), or they got moved and it's child proof. (Just an fyi, not suggesting this makes responding okay.)

Plus a day is a day of celebration.

Where is the young guy dancing gif??

Today is not Duane worthy. When he actually steps back on the floor, we'll boogie down with Duane, Jean Claude, and the whole crew.

I think the whole crew is reserved for when Rose hoists the Finals MVP trophy. 8-)
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,923

Post#719 » by Damas » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:46 am

Good news to Bulls fan. As long as Rose is back and can give the Cavs a hard time in the playoffs, I am elated.

jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#720 » by jumpstart » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 am

Duane
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGvdVXxFkY4[/youtube]

Return to Chicago Bulls