Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Board BAT (Build-A-Team) - Schedule (updated), Rules, Discussion, Trade Announcement

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Re: Bulls Board BAT (Build-A-Team) - Schedule, Rules, Discussion, Trade Announcement 

Post#21 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 am

Suggestion: I don't think there needs to be 2 weeks of trading/free agents signing since we are trading right now already. I would say one week max and put more time into the playoffs write-ups/voting.

Drafting: If a team does not draft on time and does not send you a list, how are you basing their pick? Do you have a list of ranked players that you follow?

I have the 14th pick, ehh. Not sure who I am going to draft, we'll see how the few picks before me go. I'm not looking forward to Tetlak picking before me, haha. I feel like he will be taking a lot of my players since it seems like he knows what he is doing when it comes to drafting like Realgm NBA Awards Draft game.

GimmeDat-Nice photoshop of Klay in the Pacers jersey!
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Bulls Board BAT (Build-A-Team) - Schedule, Rules, Discussion, Trade Announcement 

Post#22 » by GimmeDat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:16 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:GimmeDat-Nice photoshop of Klay in the Pacers jersey!

Thanks man! Thought I'd have a bit of fun with it.

I've got a bit of time on my hands so if anyone wants me to do the same for their picks I'm happy to give it a go if I find the time, just shoot me a PM!
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#23 » by SimonFish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:29 am

Mark K wrote:To be clear, all communication for trades of picks i.e. engaging in trade talks for Davis, should this only happen through email, or can it be transparent in a relevant thread as well?

If you have agreed a trade, please post it here.

Normally people negotiate a trade that through email. However, if you think leaking some kind of information (i.e., your star player is available for a trade) will help your bargaining, feel free to do so as well.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#24 » by SimonFish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:30 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Suggestion: I don't think there needs to be 2 weeks of trading/free agents signing since we are trading right now already. I would say one week max and put more time into the playoffs write-ups/voting.

Yeah I get your point, I will fix the 2 week period for now. But if people were not active in trading, I will shorten it.

Drafting: If a team does not draft on time and does not send you a list, how are you basing their pick? Do you have a list of ranked players that you follow?

The Knicks board is doing a BAT right now, perhaps I will use their list as a benchmark.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#25 » by SimonFish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 am

Context wrote:
dacheezwhiz wrote:So I don't know how this is supposed to go exactly, but Context and I have made a trade and sent it in to SimonFish for approval. It's for the current pick and I can't imagine it being controversial, so I thought I'd announce it and get everything moving. Hooope this doesn't mess anything up :)

Dacheezwhiz Out:

Context Out:

Wooooo trades.

The Nuggets Agree!

Updated the picks in the draft thread.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,175

Post#26 » by Context » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 am

SimonFish wrote:
Context wrote:
dacheezwhiz wrote:So I don't know how this is supposed to go exactly, but Context and I have made a trade and sent it in to SimonFish for approval. It's for the current pick and I can't imagine it being controversial, so I thought I'd announce it and get everything moving. Hooope this doesn't mess anything up :)

Dacheezwhiz Out:

Context Out:

Wooooo trades.

The Nuggets Agree!

Updated the picks in the draft thread.

Thanks bro...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,175

Post#27 » by Context » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:24 pm

GM's pls ck your emails...thanks...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#28 » by Tetlak » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Suggestion: I don't think there needs to be 2 weeks of trading/free agents signing since we are trading right now already. I would say one week max and put more time into the playoffs write-ups/voting.

I have the 14th pick, ehh. Not sure who I am going to draft, we'll see how the few picks before me go. I'm not looking forward to Tetlak picking before me, haha. I feel like he will be taking a lot of my players since it seems like he knows what he is doing when it comes to drafting like Realgm NBA Awards Draft game.

GimmeDat-Nice photoshop of Klay in the Pacers jersey!

Oh my god dude, the draft for that game was infuriating.

Im sure you'll get me on the way back though.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#29 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:09 am

It will be interesting to see how the next few picks go since I don't think there is a clear cut favorite!
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#30 » by SimonFish » Sun Mar 1, 2015 1:25 am

Guys, the "official" starting date of the draft is in 24 hours (Mar 1 8:30pm EST).

So far I have only received one list. If you are not available tomorrow, please send me your list our I will base your choice upon the Knicks board BAT list.

Cheers.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#31 » by GimmeDat » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:54 am

Thought we were about to have a simulated Knicks BAT for a moment there with that streak of afk's! Good to see everyone else was ready.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#32 » by SimonFish » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:19 am

FYI -

MGB8 wrote:
mattyj912 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:I will be up at pick 18, and willing to trade down to a later pick in the first to move up in the second - a 1&2 for 1&2 trade. If anyone is interested, PM me.

I will trade you first and second for first and second

Deal.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#33 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:26 am

Good pick JimmyBuckets89! I was going back and forth on Cousins or Griffin, and you made my job easier by drafting Cousins.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by GimmeDat » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:42 am

Interesting first round! A few reaches, a few falls. And matty trading up for Wiggins!

I'm considering moving up from #43, feel free to email me if you have a trade idea.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#35 » by MGB8 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:42 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Interesting first round! A few reaches, a few falls. And matty trading up for Wiggins!

I'm considering moving up from #43, feel free to email me if you have a trade idea.

Wiggins was one of the guys I was thinking about with the pick I traded for Matty (and he took Wiggins). Risky and kind of takes you out of building for "this season," but very high upside.

I actually thought he was the most likely to drop of the guys I was looking at - Melo, Kahwi, Love and Wiggins (with a 2nd tier of Dragic, Drummond and a couple of others, especially for a 2nd pick since don't want duplication). Matty kind of busted my hope to get two of my guys by trading down :mad:
MGB8
RealGM

Post#36 » by MGB8 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:00 pm

BTW, I am willing to mortgage the future to get back into the 2nd round from the third (assuming a certain player is available), and throw a couple future first round picks people's way. If anyone is interested, you know how to reach me.
keshmoney
Bench Warmer
And1: 118

Post#37 » by keshmoney » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:27 pm

Chicago Bulls (keshmoney) Trade:

Miami Heat (Mattyj012) Trade:

2015 2nd
2016 2nd
MGB8
RealGM

Post#38 » by MGB8 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:32 pm

Nice pick Matty with Giannis. That was the guy I wanted to trade back into the 2nd for. A Wiggins-Giannis duo will be beastly on defense in a couple of years.
dacheezwhiz
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#39 » by dacheezwhiz » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:34 pm

Spurs (dacheezwhiz) out:

Nugs (Context) out:

mattyj912
Senior
And1: 180

Post#40 » by mattyj912 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:38 pm

MGB8 wrote:Nice pick Matty with Giannis. That was the guy I wanted to trade back into the 2nd for. A Wiggins-Giannis duo will be beastly on defense in a couple of years.

Once I saw where my pick fell, I kind of decided I was going the future rout unless someone awesome fell. I moved up in both rounds to get the guys I wanted, but im very happy with that as a start. Im trying to build it as a team that will make the playoffs now (but not really contend), and also have an incredibly bright future. Something like the construction of the current Milwaukee bucks.

Obviously dependent on the rest of the picks, but a team with Giannis and Wiggins has a chance to win a championship in the next five years, the window of the game.

Also I am the early front runner for Daryl Morey of the Bulls Board Build-A-team. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing haha.
GO BULLS

Return to Chicago Bulls