Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA, Part 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Re: Around the NBA, Part 4 

Post#161 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:22 am

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless · 45m 45 minutes ago

LeBron James: all-time great passer, defender, basket-attacker … below-average shooter. No clutch gene.

Lollllllll
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#162 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:29 am

Discreetly, the Knicks-Cavaliers Sunday matinee was pulled off ABC recently in an unprecedented move.

It was the first time in the network’s 13 years of telecasting Sunday games it has obliterated a basketball window without replacing it with another game, according to industry sources.

In place of the 1 p.m. contest will be Oscar programming, according to a source.

In fact, all of the Knicks’ final five games scheduled for national TV quietly have been pulled — vs. the Cavaliers; at the Lakers (March 12, TNT), which had been announced; at the Suns (March 15, TNT); vs. the Clippers (March 25 , ESPN); and vs. the Nets (April 1, NBATV).

The Knicks (10-44) had 23 national games on their schedule entering the season and 13 were yanked, including the last 10 appearances.

ABC replaced the Knicks-Cavaliers game by announcing a new NBA window of programming — the March 29 contest between the Rockets and Wizards. The Knicks are deemed not fit for national TV any longer — even with LeBron James coming to town and the story line of ex-Knicks castaways J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert invading the Garden for the first time since the January fire sale.

In one of the bigger embarrassments of the season, the Lakers-Knicks game on Super Bowl Sunday was pulled off ESPN for celebrity bowling.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/21/dreadful-k ... nted-move/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#163 » by maynardo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:37 am

CB4L wrote:Still cannot believe there are people out there that still put Lebron and Jordan in same light, and even have the nerve to say Lebron>MJ.

Since those people tend to be VERY young you need to go with simple answer based in a few simple questions, about something that happened not very long ago:

1. Who won MVP in the finals last year?
2. Who was that man Guarding?
3. Who was guarding that man?

After that you just say: That could've never happen to Jordan.

It's simple, you don't even need to go with the 6 for 6 stuff or the constant flopping, etc etc.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#164 » by GimmeDat » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:18 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/572116575668604928[/tweet]
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#165 » by kodo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:23 am

GimmeDat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/572116575668604928[/tweet]

Sad. I can't believe these are two grown men respected within basketball circles.

:nonono:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#166 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:24 am

Too much Harden MVP talk.

Steph doesn't like it, so he drops 37 for himself.

Warriors on track to win 66 games. You can't go past that imo.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#167 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:31 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless · 45m 45 minutes ago

LeBron James: all-time great passer, defender, basket-attacker … below-average shooter. No clutch gene.

Lollllllll

oh shut the **** up skip, that guy is pathetic, we are on a forum talking the talk, but this is his job and he owes a huge amount of his current fame to lebron. Once lebron went to miami skip was his biggest hater and as such got real popular real fast. **** you too stephen a, you wide mouth bass lookin mofo. Man i hate that show now, hasnt been watchable since it was called cold pizza.
Be curious, Not judgmental
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#168 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:37 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Discreetly, the Knicks-Cavaliers Sunday matinee was pulled off ABC recently in an unprecedented move.

It was the first time in the network’s 13 years of telecasting Sunday games it has obliterated a basketball window without replacing it with another game, according to industry sources.

In place of the 1 p.m. contest will be Oscar programming, according to a source.

In fact, all of the Knicks’ final five games scheduled for national TV quietly have been pulled — vs. the Cavaliers; at the Lakers (March 12, TNT), which had been announced; at the Suns (March 15, TNT); vs. the Clippers (March 25 , ESPN); and vs. the Nets (April 1, NBATV).

The Knicks (10-44) had 23 national games on their schedule entering the season and 13 were yanked, including the last 10 appearances.

ABC replaced the Knicks-Cavaliers game by announcing a new NBA window of programming — the March 29 contest between the Rockets and Wizards. The Knicks are deemed not fit for national TV any longer — even with LeBron James coming to town and the story line of ex-Knicks castaways J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert invading the Garden for the first time since the January fire sale.

In one of the bigger embarrassments of the season, the Lakers-Knicks game on Super Bowl Sunday was pulled off ESPN for celebrity bowling.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/21/dreadful-k ... nted-move/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

these last 20 years of knick basketball has brought some level of PTSD to their fan base. I think thats why they can be so out of touch with reality at times. I listened to a podcast with Spike, michael rapaport and some knick podcaster and they all thought NY would be a top 4 team at the minimum this season.
Be curious, Not judgmental
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#169 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:43 am

I don't think it should be a story about Lebron missing free throws. It happens. And its not like ESPN will feel any less about Lebron in the MVP race.
The Cult of Personality
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#170 » by drbg43 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:13 am

GimmeDat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/572116575668604928[/tweet]

Lol that was funny, love JVG.

Also F U lebron!
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#171 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:45 am

JVG is pissing me off.

Fair enough if he was being objective and went ham on all organisations like he does ours, but he doesn't.

It reeks of bias and its unprofessional.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#172 » by pduh01 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:59 am

Jeff Van Gundy getting pay to do play by play games, being objective that's fine but what he did was unacceptable, and unprofessional on his part. He is getting pay for doing play by play games anyways not getting pay for bashing, goes ham on organization.

You don't have to like what the Bulls front office doing but what JVG did is unacceptable. Your job is to do the play by play on the game that he is assign if I want to listen to someone to bash the organization I listen to some radio station, or read on message boards not listen to someone whose job is suppose to do play by play on the game the person is assign to. Ridiculous
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#173 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:07 am

Mark K wrote:JVG is pissing me off.

Fair enough if he was being objective and went ham on all organisations like he does ours, but he doesn't.

What did he say? I was at the game and I forgot to record it.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#174 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:16 am

You know what is funny JVG would prolly die for a team to hire him as a HC but that is not going to happen so he can just sit there at take pathetic unprofessional jabs at Pax because thibs is his buddy and we owned him during his days of coaching the knicks
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#175 » by maynardo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:22 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:You know what is funny JVG would prolly die for a team to hire him as a HC but that is not going to happen so he can just sit there at take pathetic unprofessional jabs at Pax because thibs is his buddy and we owned him during his days of coaching the knicks

nah, Flip Sounders offered him the Minny job this offseason before the Love trade and JVG didn't take it. Mark Jackson is the one trying to get back to coaching.

The stupid thing JVG said was include Doc Collins, I mean that guy always says he loves Dorf so I don't think he would say he was mistreated by the organization.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#176 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:24 am

maynardo wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:You know what is funny JVG would prolly die for a team to hire him as a HC but that is not going to happen so he can just sit there at take pathetic unprofessional jabs at Pax because thibs is his buddy and we owned him during his days of coaching the knicks

nah, Flip Sounders offered him the Minny job this offseason before the Love trade and JVG didn't take it. Mark Jackson is the one trying to get back to coaching.

Ehh whatever still a bitter douche against the bulls organization
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#177 » by TimRobbins » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:48 am

dice wrote:safe money's on bulls at #4. raptors are streaky, cavs too good, bulls with obvious issues

My guess would also be #4/#5 for the Bulls unless the Cavs get a major injury bug.
cubbiefan009
Assistant Coach
And1: 539

Post#178 » by cubbiefan009 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:02 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:

What did he say? I was at the game and I forgot to record it.

Same thing as before about how the head coaches are not treated right in Chicago and that he's not speaking for Thibs its just his opinion. Nothing new he hasn't said yet. I didn't think it was bad until he took a subtle shot at Paxson and Breen called him out on it. It was about the Aldridge/Tyrus trade. One of the only misses in the past several years.
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#179 » by bennjuiced34 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:39 pm

The problem with JVG is that his 'bias' stems from his relationship with Thibs. It's not coming from an objective place.

JVG is a loud mouth who likes to stir stuff up. I get wanting to protect your friend, but there's a line you don't cross and JVG has crossed it many times.

The thing is I tend to agree with him about Thibs. I think Thibs is an incredible coach, especially with the luck he's had with injuries. He maximizes the talent of the roster. There's just a way you can go about it on the air and blasting the front office definitely isn't the right way.

I don't mind if he talks about Thibs and how good of a coach he is. That's fine. But the he needs to stay far away from the topic of the front office. That's Aldridge/Tyrus line, while true, was unprofessional. Grow up JVG.
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#180 » by bennjuiced34 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:53 pm

I agree and in my opinion, broadcasts are a time to talk about the game. Not a time to air out dirty laundry. Leave that to reporters.

The great broadcasters make the game better with their commentary. They don't make the game about themselves. I'm all for talking about different topics sometimes, but most of that stuff is for pre and post game. JVG loves to create controversy. He's a troll and it's sad because he's a very bright basketball mind and I want to hear him break down the game. Not spout off about his issues with the Bulls' front office.

Return to Chicago Bulls