Image ImageImage Image

Do you want Thibs fired and replaced?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Do you want Thibs fired and replaced?

No, my first preference is that he return.
85%
Yes, I want him fired after this season.
15%

Total votes: 333

JasonFTW
RealGM
And1: 463

Re: Do you want Thibs fired and replaced? 

Post#801 » by JasonFTW » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Bluewaterheaven wrote:If we were to part ways with Thibs this season, even for a 1st.... and then hire Brooks... my veins may harden on the spot and cause me to die.

Just realize he was fired. I would truly take a chance with Brooks for our next coach if Thibs doesn't get us over the hump and he's been booted out of Chicago. You just don't know what you getting from Hoiberg so Brooks would be my choice.
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#802 » by Land Rover » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Bluewaterheaven wrote:If we were to part ways with Thibs this season, even for a 1st.... and then hire Brooks... my veins may harden on the spot and cause me to die.

Yeah, I am a little worried about this happening too, although if for some stupid azz reason they decide to fire Thibs, if Scott Brooks is their answer... well... :banghead:
JasonFTW
RealGM
And1: 463

Post#803 » by JasonFTW » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:The Thunder just fired Brooks. Im sure they wont sign a coach until they reach out to Thibs to see if he is staying. OKC with Thibs is a Dynasty waiting to happen. And we will have created our own worst enemy....

They went to a Finals with Brooks. Coaching isn't what's holding them back from a title.

I agree with that. Don't know why they parted ways with him, I wouldn't mind if he was our next coach.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: Do you want Thibs fired and replaced? 

Post#804 » by kyrv » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:16 pm

TheStig wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Scary thing is Brooks got fired for really nothing he did wrong this year. The team was just too injured to make the playoffs.

Sets a very helpful recent precedent for our FO if they want to fire Thibs for also basically a season in which the team never got cohesion due to injuries, and this time through no fault of Tom, because we had all the draconian restrictions in place.

I wouldn't go that far. Brooks isn't anywhere near as respected as Thibs. He's been on the hot seat for a bit and has never actually put in an offense system or set.

Yep. Brooks has been on the, minimally, warm seat, for YEARS.

Completely different situations. Only way this could affect the Bulls was if they wanted Brooks, which seems unlikely.

Major kudos to Re for using draconian on a bball message board.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#805 » by D_GoLow » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm

2 part question:

1. Will Thibs ever win coach of the year honors?
2. Should Thibs ever win coach of the year honors?
This is not a moment, it's a movement
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#806 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Concept Coop wrote:Because you are infinitely more ignorant in the subject? Nothing personal--we all are--which is why so much of the "Thibs should do x,y,z" conversations give me a good chuckle.

Thibs' philosophy has worked--both for keeping the locker room together and for putting young players in a position to improve and eventually earn their own "vet" minutes.

We have next to zero insight into NBA locker rooms. Let's not get carried away in pushing out own ideas.

Given that none of us have any insight into an NBA locker room, what the hell is even the purpose of discussing such topics at all? May as well lock the threads when they start than actually carrying on with a discussion.

Obviously, our insight into what is going is minimal at best. That shouldn't stop us from discussing it. It's what this board exists for. C'mon.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#807 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Rerisen wrote:So.... anyone interested in Scott Brooks?

Brooks vs Hoiberg, we might need to have the debate. :banghead:

No debate at all. If that's the scenario, Freddy in a nanosecond.

If people don't want to replace Thibodeau with Hoiberg because he is a worse coach in comparison, so is Brooks, who is bottom 10 in the league.

The offense in the final minutes would be frustratingly bad.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#808 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:29 pm

D_GoLow wrote:2 part question:

Uh...seriously?

Thibs has already won COY.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#809 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 pm

When you say will & should, do you mean again?
kyrv
RealGM

Post#810 » by kyrv » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:

Uh...seriously?

Thibs has already won COY.

Put me down also for two yeses! :thumbsup:

But also :banghead:
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#811 » by D_GoLow » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Mark K wrote:

Pardon the error but yes, I mean again*
This is not a moment, it's a movement
kyrv
RealGM

Post#812 » by kyrv » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 pm

D_GoLow wrote:
Mark K wrote:

Pardon the error but yes, I mean again*

Good try.

Coach of the year is a pretty arbitrary standard. Like MVP, things have to align just right. I don't really care if he wins the award again or not. They also are more likely to give it to someone who hasn't won. Thibs has regularly been in the top five I believe. That's a much better indicator than if he wins again or not, in my opinion.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#813 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:Brooks isnt Thibs. He would have gotten them over the hump with that talent and health. Things we arent as great in.

I don't think OKC would have beat Miami that one year if Thibodeau was coaching. They weren't outcoached, they were just outplayed. I mean, if you can switch out Brooks for Thibodeau, go for it, but I don't think adding Thibodeau to a team makes them title-worthy. OKC's been title-worthy for a while now, but they play in the West and have had injuries.
BoocheeMan1117
Pro Prospect
And1: 262

Post#814 » by BoocheeMan1117 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Brooks also plays his players high minutes. He only believes in iso-heavy offense. defense is average to horrid.
SteelerSpartan
Sixth Man
And1: 849

Post#815 » by SteelerSpartan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Steven A saying Thibs is gone....Management will never side with the coach over The FO....and the Thunder would be fools not to go heavy after him.

I just really dont know if I could forgive the Bulls FO if they have forced Thibs out.

watching Thibs with KD and Westbrook while the Bulls waste prime of years of contention breaking in a new coach......would just drive me insane
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#816 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:26 pm

The perception of Scott Brooks is interesting. I don't really have a strong opinion of him one way or the other, so hiring him would result in a giant "meh" from me. But for as much as people hype Thibodeau up for improving teams and "getting the most out of them," Brooks has seemingly done the same thing in the regular and post-season for OKC:

22-47 (midseason hire)
50-32 (1st round)
55-27 (W. Conf Finals)
47-19 (NBA Finals)
60-22 (2nd round)
59-23 (W. Conf Finals)
45-37

Also, for the critics of Brooks putting in an iso-heavy offense, ever think that it's done because Westbrook and Durant are two of the best isolation players in the league? Do you want Westbrook handing the ball off to Adams after he passes half-court like Rose does? Or players running around while Ibaka dribbles around mid-range looking for a cutter? OKC's offense plays to the strength of the team's top players. It always has, even when Harden (another great isolation player) was there.
patagonia
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,032

Post#817 » by patagonia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:43 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:Steven A saying Thibs is gone....

Where/when was this?
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#818 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:Also, for the critics of Brooks putting in an iso-heavy offense, ever think that it's done because Westbrook and Durant are two of the best isolation players in the league? Do you want Westbrook handing the ball off to Adams after he passes half-court like Rose does? Or players running around while Ibaka dribbles around mid-range looking for a cutter? OKC's offense plays to the strength of the team's top players. It always has, even when Harden (another great isolation player) was there.

What you described here are things we do, but it's not things top level offenses do. Not many teams have their big man holding the ball whilst scanning to find an easy assist on a back door cut to the hoop.

Brooks didn’t run a good offense. Certainly not in the final possessions of the game. OKC were too predictable. Everyone knew what they were going to do. Giving the ball to your best player and telling them to go to work isn’t a good strategy by itself.

OKC got as far as they did based on their offensive talent, not it’s execution. Cleveland may suffer the same fate this season.

For the Heat, they went from that 58 win iso heavy squad in year 1 to a team that moved the ball more and got other involved in years 2 & 3. That’s when they looked like a juggernaut.

You need to have some semblance of an offensive system in place as a foundation. I’m not sure OKC ever had a good one in place.

Brooks does deserve credit though for bringing them defense. They got by on the brilliance of Durant & Westbrook offensively, but they had a top 10 defense as well, which made them real contenders as they played balanced basketball.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#819 » by Axl Rose » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:Steven A saying Thibs is gone

has he ever predicted anything right since the Bron signing in Miami?

and i'll pass on Scott Brooks....no offense sets, bad rotations and no in-game adjustments

hes literally tom thibs without being a defensive mastermind
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#820 » by otwok » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:27 pm

If Scott Brooks is the answer then you are asking the wrong question.

Return to Chicago Bulls