Image ImageImage Image

Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#41 » by Southpaw » Sat Apr 4, 2015 4:48 pm

jmajew wrote:Utah Get: Gibson, McDermott, 2015 1st, Sac Pick
Bulls Get: Gordon Hayward

I know we are giving up a lot. I just think Hayward would be the missing piece.

Rose - Vet min
Butler - Snell
Hayward - Dunleavy - Snell
Gasol - Mirotic
Noah - MLE

If Rose fizzles out you have Butler, Hayward, and Mirotic to build around.

We are overpaying but i'd still do this deal. Butler and Hayward on the wings is fantastic but i don't see what Taj would do in Utah with Favors and Gobert.

Steven Adams is a good trade target for us as he seems to be the odd man out in OKC. I just find it hard to find a deal that's good for both teams.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#42 » by League Circles » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:58 pm

How about Noah or Gasol for the greek freak?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#43 » by jc23 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 3:29 am

How long does a vet player have to play for a team before that team gets his bird rights and can pay him the super max?
Be curious, Not judgmental
frosty23
Junior
And1: 30

Post#44 » by frosty23 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 7:30 pm

What about this idea..

Bulls outgoing: Taj Gibson, Etwan Moore
Bulls incoming: Wilson Chandler, Randy Foye

Nuggets outgoing: Wilson Chandler, Randy Foye
Nuggets incoming: Lance Stephenson

Hornets outgoing: Lance Stephenson
Hornets incoming: Taj Gibson, Etwan Moore
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#45 » by BIG Game » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:41 am

Pau for Steven Adams and Deion
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Jimmy Butler Injury thread 

Post#46 » by RebuildaBulls » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Would you guys trade Butler and maybe Taj for say Kawhi Leonard? Just throwing it out there. I used to think they are the same player but I think Leonard is a bit better player offensively and defensively plus has a higher ceiling than Butler since Leonard is 2-3 years younger. I would throw in Taj because of that plus it would make room for Niko at PF. I would do this trade in a heartbeat
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: Jimmy Butler Injury thread 

Post#47 » by TimRobbins » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm

RebuildaBulls wrote:Would you guys trade Butler and maybe Taj for say Kawhi Leonard? Just throwing it out there. I used to think they are the same player but I think Leonard is a bit better player offensively and defensively plus has a higher ceiling than Butler since Leonard is 2-3 years younger. I would throw in Taj because of that plus it would make room for Niko at PF. I would do this trade in a heartbeat

Both are RFAs so that trade is impossible even on a theoretical level. Kawhi is better though. He's longer, more athletic and a better shooter.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#48 » by otwok » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:57 pm

RebuildaBulls wrote:Would you guys trade Butler and maybe Taj for say Kawhi Leonard? Just throwing it out there. I used to think they are the same player but I think Leonard is a bit better player offensively and defensively plus has a higher ceiling than Butler since Leonard is 2-3 years younger. I would throw in Taj because of that plus it would make room for Niko at PF. I would do this trade in a heartbeat

Don't know if this is the correct thread for this but I would. Not that Kawhi is that much better than both, I would gather that the combination of Taj and Butler is better than Kawhi, but we would essentially be freeing up minutes for Niko and at the same time obtaining a player that can give Lebron hell.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#49 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 pm

That's great you'd do that deal, SA hangs up the phone.
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#50 » by WIN » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Oh, in a heartbeat, pretty much everyone would. Jimmy is great, but Kawhi is on another level. Of course SA would never do this, so it's all a moot point.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#51 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Its really no need to trade one player for another when the talent isn't that different.ppl saying kl is more athletic and better offensively and defensively. Those same ppl are the ones who didn't see jimmy developing into the player he is today. I wouldn't trade jimmy for kl regardless because jimmy will continue to get better. I like a even stronger version of butler and working more on his mid range game game over kl. If anything bulls fans should be asking for Snell to become more like jimmy. That's our focus heading into the future. Snell has so much potential to be the same player or better if he learns the art of being aggressive nonstop. Forget about kl
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#52 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Kawhi and Danny Green for Taj and Butler.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#53 » by Flopper » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 pm

LMAO at the Kawhi trade discussion. Based on age, talent, and skill set he's probably one of the most valuable players in the league. "Hey R.C. can we swap our MIP 2 guard and 30 year old backup 4 for your 23 year old finals MVP who can lock down Lebron?"
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#54 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:12 am

Jimmy isn't going anywhere. We have McDermott and Snell to work on. Why are we even discussing kl for. Its all about finding the right players to have around rose,jimmy and pau. Mitotic is a piece. Now we need Snell and McDermott to make there leaps. Forget danny green and kl
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#55 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Best case scenario for the off-season:

1. Jimmy resigns.

2. Mirotic adds muscle and studies Thibs defense. He should be starting at PF next year, with Noah or Pau (depending on who's in better form this fall) coming off the bench with Taj for hockey-style 2-2 subs.

3. Noah has a bounce-back season next year. It's not unheard of. Tyson Chandler had a rough couple of injury-filled seasons before getting traded for a bag of chips to the Mavs, which ultimately led to their championship. He's had a lighter load, maybe another off-season of rest and rehab will be what he needed for a strong come-back.

4. Snell takes another step forward. I'd give him a B- considering how good he played for stretches of this year... we've seen he's capable of being a good starting 2/3, but now the question is consistency.

5. McDermott hits the weight-room. He's far away, but the hope is he adjusts to the NBA like Redick and Korver did.

An undesirable scenario, would be one where Taj is still ahead of Mirotic in the rotation and Pau/Noah are starting next year... with Kirk or Dunleavy still being the top wing-options after Jimmy. I think it's unlikely, regardless of whether Thibs stays or goes.

But internal improvement is the best-case scenario. The depth is there. I wouldn't mind changing Taj for a better 2-way player, but the playoffs will be telling of what he's got left in the tank. Grass is always greener; Taj always shows up in April.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#56 » by BullsFTW » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:35 pm

-Taj for Darren Collison
-Re-sign MDJ
-Draft a center (Poeltl)

F Dunleavy/McDermott
F Gasol/Mirotic
C Noah/Poeltl
G Butler/Snell
G Rose/Collison/Hinrich
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#57 » by WesleyExChiFan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

BullsFTW wrote:-Taj for Darren Collison
-Re-sign MDJ
-Draft a center (Poeltl)

F Dunleavy/McDermott
F Gasol/Mirotic
C Noah/Poeltl
G Butler/Snell
G Rose/Collison/Hinrich

I like it. Here's another idea, albeit a little more out of the box:

Trade #1: http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6575948

Taj for Jennings.

Why for DET: Reggie Jackson is their man now. I expect someone to throw a big ol' paycheck Monroe's way and Taj would fill the hole next to Drummond very nicely.

Why for CHI: I know he's coming off an Achilles, but backing up the 1/2 spot, I think he could fit very well. His contract is up after next year, so it's not a long-term commitment. This frees up the PF spot for Niko, who has a much higher ceiling than Taj.

Why not? Your primary two point guards having significant injury history is scary. Then again, 2 years ago Steph Curry was injury-prone with persistent ankle worries. Jennings just needs to be a better backup than Kirk. I think he can to that and then some. This is Kirk's last year as an NBA player imo.

Trade #2 http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6575952
Jo for Splitter/Andersen

Why for SA: This hinges on Duncan/Manu retiring next year. They will need a center and Jo could really thrive in the SA offense. If he doesn't work out for them, it's only for a year and they can seek out a new C in free agency. Splitter and him are the same age, but Jo is definitely a better player overall. He's declined this year, due to surgery and age. SA gets a look at how he fits this year and he makes a good transitional piece in the post-Duncan era. They're going to have to rebuild around Kawhi and swapping Splitter for Jo now gives them plenty of FA money sooner, in order to fill the holes.

Why for CHI: This gives a better rotational balance for the bigs. Noah just doesn't fit in this offense anymore. This team needs to do what the Spurs did a few years back and look to pick up the pace.

Why not? SA might not trust Jo's health. Also, they'd have to give up their prospect, Andersen, to make salaries work. They'd have to be committed to a 2 year re-tool to even entertain this, let alone go along with it.

Rose/Jennings/
Butler/Jennings/Snell
Snell/McDermott/Andersen
Niko/Splitter
Gasol/Splitter

That's a starting 5 with threats all over the floor. The interior defense will suffer with the loss of Taj and Noah, but Splitter is a good player and can mitigate that somewhat. The perimeter defense should be really good though with Rose/Butler/Snell out there. If Kirk retires, then you have his exception to work with and fill the 4th big or bench wing defender role.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,448

Post#58 » by KrazyP » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 am

Southpaw wrote:
jmajew wrote:Utah Get: Gibson, McDermott, 2015 1st, Sac Pick
Bulls Get: Gordon Hayward

I know we are giving up a lot. I just think Hayward would be the missing piece.

Rose - Vet min
Butler - Snell
Hayward - Dunleavy - Snell
Gasol - Mirotic
Noah - MLE

If Rose fizzles out you have Butler, Hayward, and Mirotic to build around.

We are overpaying but i'd still do this deal. Butler and Hayward on the wings is fantastic but i don't see what Taj would do in Utah with Favors and Gobert.

The Jazz actually played extremely well down the stretch. They are a team on the rise. There is no way in hell they would give up arguably their best player for 2 bench players (one of which is nearing 30 yrs of age) and a protected pick that may never materialize given how bad the Kings are. In fact, I think the only thing on the Bulls roster that the Jazz would have interest in for Hayward would be Jimmy Butler.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#59 » by BullsFTW » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 am

wesleybullsfan wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:-Taj for Darren Collison
-Re-sign MDJ
-Draft a center (Poeltl)

F Dunleavy/McDermott
F Gasol/Mirotic
C Noah/Poeltl
G Butler/Snell
G Rose/Collison/Hinrich

I like it. Here's another idea, albeit a little more out of the box:

Trade #1: http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6575948

Taj for Jennings.

Why for DET: Reggie Jackson is their man now. I expect someone to throw a big ol' paycheck Monroe's way and Taj would fill the hole next to Drummond very nicely.

Why for CHI: I know he's coming off an Achilles, but backing up the 1/2 spot, I think he could fit very well. His contract is up after next year, so it's not a long-term commitment. This frees up the PF spot for Niko, who has a much higher ceiling than Taj.

Why not? Your primary two point guards having significant injury history is scary. Then again, 2 years ago Steph Curry was injury-prone with persistent ankle worries. Jennings just needs to be a better backup than Kirk. I think he can to that and then some. This is Kirk's last year as an NBA player imo.

Trade #2 http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6575952
Jo for Splitter/Andersen

Why for SA: This hinges on Duncan/Manu retiring next year. They will need a center and Jo could really thrive in the SA offense. If he doesn't work out for them, it's only for a year and they can seek out a new C in free agency. Splitter and him are the same age, but Jo is definitely a better player overall. He's declined this year, due to surgery and age. SA gets a look at how he fits this year and he makes a good transitional piece in the post-Duncan era. They're going to have to rebuild around Kawhi and swapping Splitter for Jo now gives them plenty of FA money sooner, in order to fill the holes.

Why for CHI: This gives a better rotational balance for the bigs. Noah just doesn't fit in this offense anymore. This team needs to do what the Spurs did a few years back and look to pick up the pace.

Why not? SA might not trust Jo's health. Also, they'd have to give up their prospect, Andersen, to make salaries work. They'd have to be committed to a 2 year re-tool to even entertain this, let alone go along with it.

Rose/Jennings/
Butler/Jennings/Snell
Snell/McDermott/Andersen
Niko/Splitter
Gasol/Splitter

That's a starting 5 with threats all over the floor. The interior defense will suffer with the loss of Taj and Noah, but Splitter is a good player and can mitigate that somewhat. The perimeter defense should be really good though with Rose/Butler/Snell out there. If Kirk retires, then you have his exception to work with and fill the 4th big or bench wing defender role.

I don't know about Jennings. He seems like an expensive back-up. I don't think the Bulls will go for that.

If they do decide to draft a PG, Delon Wright seems to fit the bill as a "GarPax" type of draft pick. Big PG who's a senior, solid defender, and has great feel for the game, improved shot, and high iq. I remember ManRam being high on him.
StephenAA
Senior
And1: 196

Post#60 » by StephenAA » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 am

* Shouting it from the mountain tops - at least trying to after the Nets game tonight - Noah for Deng...

AA

Return to Chicago Bulls