Image ImageImage Image

Rose expects to be cleared for contact either this week or next week

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Rose expects to be cleared for contact either this week or next week 

Post#1 » by TyrusRose2425 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:14 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
Derrick Rose said he expects to be cleared for contact either this week or next and remains confident he'll return from arthroscopic right knee surgery this season.

"Oh yeah, I’m not worried about that," Rose said. "I’m feeling good. I’m trying to do all the right things. Put all the positives in the bag and just try to go with it. It’s something that I’ve been doing for a long time. Rehab is definitely a grind. But I’m getting used to it."

"Should be sometime this week or next week," Rose said when asked about taking contact. "Gotta talk to (Director of Sports Performance) Jen (Swanson) and go from there."

Rose is doing everything basketball-related with the Bulls, including Wednesday's morning shootaround at Air Canda Centre, except taking contact. Rookie Doug McDermott, who underwent a similar procedure to Rose but doesn't share his injury history, was activated five weeks and two days following his surgery.

"It depends on how you take the contact," Rose said. "If I don’t have any setbacks, I would say 1-2 weeks (after being cleared for contact."

Rose said he isn't worried about moving from a handful of regular-season games to the intensity of the playoffs.

"I’m a pro," he said. "I think I’m good enough to fit my way in."

Rose said he has no pain or swelling in his right knee and is confident that the Bulls could have a deep playoff run.

"We can be really good," he said. "It’s just all about everyone being healthy, a little bit of luck and everyone staying together."

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Re: Rose expects to be cleared for contact either this week or next week 

Post#2 » by Ice Man » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Good quotes. All that makes sense. Welcome back, Derrick.
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#3 » by WIN » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 pm

I hope it doesn't take him another 3 weeks. Hopefully he gets cleared this week, gets a week to practice and he's back after that. He needs a few games under his belt before the playoffs, I think that's imperative to this team's playoff success.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#4 » by mj234eva » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Everyone will be happy with these comments!
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach

Post#5 » by TyrusRose2425 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 pm

WIN wrote:I hope it doesn't take him another 3 weeks. Hopefully he gets cleared this week, gets a week to practice and he's back after that. He needs a few games under his belt before the playoffs, I think that's imperative to this team's playoff success.

If it's next week, it's early next week. This week would imply Friday.
Nucky Thompson
Sixth Man
And1: 652

Post#6 » by Nucky Thompson » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Friday will mark 4 weeks since his surgery. So it's looking that '4-6' timeline is definetly 6, at best. Derrick does enjoy "taking his time" , that's for sure.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#7 » by red222 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 pm

mj234eva wrote:Everyone will be happy with these comments!

that's the problem but I digress
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#8 » by mj234eva » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:26 pm

red222 wrote:
mj234eva wrote:Everyone will be happy with these comments!

that's the problem but I digress

fyi, I don't think everyone will.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:28 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:
WIN wrote:I hope it doesn't take him another 3 weeks. Hopefully he gets cleared this week, gets a week to practice and he's back after that. He needs a few games under his belt before the playoffs, I think that's imperative to this team's playoff success.

Yeah, hopefully he is cleared for practice this week.

That could have him back by the end of next week if he has no set backs.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
red222
RealGM

Post#10 » by red222 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:Friday will mark 4 weeks since his surgery. So it's looking that '4-6' timeline is definetly 6, at best. Derrick does enjoy "taking his time" , that's for sure.

if he hasn't been medically cleared how is he taking his time my god this board :nonono:
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#11 » by MC3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:31 pm

As I said April 8 is return date, or maybe even April 11, cause I dont think if he doesnt get back April 8, he will play April 9 back-to back and next one is April 11 which are 76ers and we play home. I dont see problem with that. But when he is back he needs to be ready to go 110%. Just 3 to 5 at best, games left before post-season starts.
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#12 » by WIN » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:33 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:

And if he takes 1-2 weeks after that, we'll get him back early to mid-April, which means the most likely games he might play in are:

@CLE
@ORL
@MIA
vsPHI
@BKN
vsATL

I don't know about him coming back against Cleveland and he most likely won't play B2B against Orlando and then Miami. So I guess the latest he comes back is against Philly. Best case scenario for me would be against Detroit next Friday, but that's highly unlikely.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#13 » by Payt10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Damn that's not that good of news. 1-2 weeks after contact? And he might not be cleared until next week? I was expecting him back the 1st of the month, which is a week away. He needs more than 3 or 4 games to get ready.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
red222
RealGM

Post#14 » by red222 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:35 pm

MC3 wrote:As I said April 8 is return date, or maybe even April 11, cause I dont think if he doesnt get back April 8, he will play April 9 back-to back and next one is April 11 which are 76ers and we play home. I dont see problem with that. But when he is back he needs to be ready to go 110%. Just 3 to 5 at best, games left before post-season starts.

He'll be back against Detroit
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach

Post#15 » by TyrusRose2425 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Payt10 wrote:Damn that's not that good of news. 1-2 weeks after contact? And he might not be cleared until next week? I was expecting him back the 1st of the month, which is a week away. He needs more than 1 or 2 games to get ready.

When you watch the video, he actually doesn't know. The reporter tells him usually it's 1-2 weeks, he says he doesn't know it's up to Jen, but that his guess is 1-2 weeks is a good estimate. Sounds like she controls things now.
Nucky Thompson
Sixth Man
And1: 652

Post#16 » by Nucky Thompson » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:37 pm

red222 wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:Friday will mark 4 weeks since his surgery. So it's looking that '4-6' timeline is definetly 6, at best. Derrick does enjoy "taking his time" , that's for sure.

if he hasn't been medically cleared hoe is he taking his time my god this board :nonono:

Well, his "hand picked" doctor hasn't clear him.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#17 » by Payt10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Ideally you'd like to see him back for that Cleveland game. This team needs a big test going into the playoffs. I was hoping they could have everybody back to use that game as a dress rehearsal of sorts.. I think Cleveland is the last team they play who is actually good before the regular season is over besides Atlanta, but they'll be resting players by then.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
red222
RealGM

Post#18 » by red222 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
red222 wrote:

if he hasn't been medically cleared hoe is he taking his time my god this board :nonono:

The Bulls thought it was a good hire but everything is Rose's fault I see :roll: .
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#19 » by MC3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm

red222 wrote:
MC3 wrote:As I said April 8 is return date, or maybe even April 11, cause I dont think if he doesnt get back April 8, he will play April 9 back-to back and next one is April 11 which are 76ers and we play home. I dont see problem with that. But when he is back he needs to be ready to go 110%. Just 3 to 5 at best, games left before post-season starts.

He'll be back against Detroit

Will see would be nice. He need few different games under his belt, few easy like 76ers and few with intensity like games against Cavs or Hawks, feel a bit B2B just to see where are you. I am glad he has no pain or swelling in his right knee. Those are good signs. Conditioning is his biggest problem, with rust.

But sentence like this.
"I think if he can get those four or five (games) it would be great. I think it would be ideal," Gasol said.

Tell me he is on April 8 return date.
ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#20 » by ryannik09 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:50 pm

red222 wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
red222 wrote:if he hasn't been medically cleared hoe is he taking his time my god this board :nonono:

The Bulls thought it was a good hire but everything is Rose's fault I see :roll: .

She was hired for one reason Rose and his team like her. She is in way over her head.

Return to Chicago Bulls