Image ImageImage Image

PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Re: PG: Doug was inactive because of a back injury 

Post#101 » by bullsRlife » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:20 am

chifan1798 wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
chifan1798 wrote:Lebron turns up on everyone. He is the best player on the planet. Lebron is going to get his during a series. The problem that we have had is that we were inferior teams the previous times. Talent-wise, I think the bulls are just as good, if not better from top to bottom.....but the problem is injuries have hampered the cohesion of this group. But this bulls team is going to be totally different than any of the other bulls teams he has faced. Besides, aside from Kawhi Leonard, I think that Butler might be the next best defender on him.

Saying from top to bottom is a cop out. You don't play all guys equally from top to bottom. I'm not saying we can't beat the Cavs, I'm just saying in the playoffs, I think they have the advantage until we prove otherwise. Yeah, they haven't proven anything in the playoffs either, as a collective, but Lebron has, and Lebron's effect on that team with all offensive fire power > what we have FOR THE TIME BEING, until proven otherwise.

And yes, I know I'm being a debbie downer, but I just think the Cavs have the advantage.

Fine then.....1-9. Heck, if we started Niko at the 3 instead of Dunleavy, our starting lineup would be better.....and I'd still take our bench over theirs in that situation. Lebron gives them the edge because of his playoff experiences, but he obviously can be beat since he only has 2 titles in how many years now?

It's fine to think that cavs have the advantage....I actually agree with that. However, I think the bulls have a better chance at beating them, than others are giving credit for. I for one don't think it would be an "huge upset" if the bulls won. An upset simply because of standings, but nothing that would shock me.

I think I actually might prefer the bulls to be underdogs....that way, the pressure is all on the Cavs, and the bulls can play with a chip on their shoulder :D

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bulls won, I'm just saying, I don't agree with some peoples assestment on where the series will be won.

And even if you go by out 1-9 being better, it looks good on paper, but it doesn't quantify the total affect that Lebron, Kyrie and Love have on their team, compared to our depth, and our best players affect on our team.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win 

Post#102 » by TimRobbins » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:38 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Butler is gonna turn it up against lebron

I hope so. His defense has significantly dropped this season.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#103 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:42 am

TimRobbins wrote:

I wouldn't say significantly but his improvement on the offense end makes up for it
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#104 » by Red8911 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:00 am

bullsRlife wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Taj ended up with 14/9, not bad as he was the kick-around guy early. He's a tough customer against scrubs, which will be his role in the playoffs with Niko eating up his minutes.

Knowing Thibs, he'll play Taj more minutes, because he seriously onky trusts defense when it really comes down to it. Soon as Niko makes a rookie mistake, his scared butt will pull him for Taj with the quickness.

That's one aspect that pisses me off about him, but I still want him to be our HC for a long long long time.

Nah that was what thibs did in beginning of the season, which was understandable since he was still learning the league .Now Niko has proven what he can do and is not losing his minutes even if he makes mistakes.
[e]
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#105 » by [e] » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:24 am

Yeah Niko is going to get his minutes, even if it has to be in a jumbo lineup with him at the 3. He's too dangerous and effective to not be on the floor.

I really think we will be closing games with Rose, Butler, Niko, Pau, and Noah.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#106 » by bullsRlife » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:41 am

Red8911 wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Taj ended up with 14/9, not bad as he was the kick-around guy early. He's a tough customer against scrubs, which will be his role in the playoffs with Niko eating up his minutes.

Knowing Thibs, he'll play Taj more minutes, because he seriously onky trusts defense when it really comes down to it. Soon as Niko makes a rookie mistake, his scared butt will pull him for Taj with the quickness.

That's one aspect that pisses me off about him, but I still want him to be our HC for a long long long time.

Nah that was what thibs did in beginning of the season, which was understandable since he was still learning the league .Now Niko has proven what he can do and is not losing his minutes even if he makes mistakes.

That's easy to say now, when we're still in the regular season. Does that still hold true in the playoffs, where Thibs is ultra conservative?
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#107 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:

With Taj, all I am concerned about is how he will fare against the likes of Love on the perimeter and Tristan on the inside when fighting for rebounds.

If he can come out of those 2 situations, while winning one and not losing the other...then we'll beat the Cavs.

Taj looked really spry a bouncy and it looked like the first game since being back that he wasn't worried about landing every time he jumped.

Sounds silly, but if we have healthy, rested Taj for playoffs Chicago fans are in for a treat.

edit: knock on wood
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#108 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 am

Mr Funk wrote:Thibs talking about Niko's ability to play the 3 and 4, and how great he is at it:

http://www.csnchicago.com/page/live

How do you find post game interviews after the fact?

edit here it is: http://www.csnchicago.com/video

....here's Thibs post game link that works:

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_type/thibodeau-glad-bulls-took-care-business-against-knicks
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#109 » by Madhouse » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 am

TimRobbins wrote:

it dropped big time. it's arguable that Harden is a better defender than Butler at this point.
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#110 » by maynardo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 am

Everybody played under 30 and finally the bulls really destroyed a bad team. I think we all were pretty sick of the bulls either winning in the last basket or losing to horrid teams, so it was a nice change to get a blow out win.

Bulls don't play 'til wednesday so real practices are coming, maybe the last one before the playoffs. We need DRose to be cleared for at least one real practice with the whole team even if he doesn't play right away.
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#111 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:10 am

Ice Man wrote:Jimmy back is huge for this team. Not this game, of course we would win anyway, but now our wing situation goes from dire to solid, and actually good if Mike or Tony get some shots off.

No arm sleeve either! Driving hard unafraid to mix it up. Shooting passing lanes shows he's got his legs back.

As season rolls on, I am excite!

cross fingers
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#112 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:Niko shot 42% from 3 on high volume.

Hot hand indeed. Yawn....

That one from beyond top of key by a good 6'.

Was it even a step back?! :o

Pau was on the bench mimicking the Niko follow through form.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#113 » by kingkirk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:31 am

Rerisen wrote:I love that reporters and even Thibs are using the term 'The Jumbo' to describe our big lineups. :lol:

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content ... nst-knicks

2nd time Rerisen has had this shameless plug. :nonono:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

You're tempting fate.
atila88
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#114 » by atila88 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:31 am

Mirotic wasn't top10 in Europe. I think that NBA have a problem
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#115 » by mj234eva » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:41 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:Niko shot 42% from 3 on high volume.

Hot hand indeed. Yawn....

If I recall correctly, one was a heave, and another a shot clock bail out. So even better.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#116 » by rtblues » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 am

chifan1798 wrote:
Midwest219 wrote:
Lolo wrote:
In the GT it got asked about 30 times.... Seriously like once a page. I understand the clarity of the PG title. It eliminates many people coming in and ripping Thibs for not playing the kid. Don't be so sensitive.

just tryin to show tyrus he's an ass that's all. i'm sure a few are upset, no need to label the questionnaires a bitch. if you say a person is bitching you are actually calling them a bitch.
/ fin.

Pretty sure he wasn't labeling the people questioning as bitches. He was just preventing the inevitable bitching about thibs because of no McD. It was evident by the numerous times it was asked in the game thread, that people didn't know that he was out due to injury. Given how much we have to scroll through with complaints in the post game threads, I felt the title saved the same drama that we see after every game

This is a noun-verb problem with a word that has several different connotations depending on usage.

The ones "bitching" are complainers, it doesn't make them the Noun definition of the word, it makes them complainers ("bitchers" vs "bitches").

To bitch: To complain
Bitcher: Complainer, one who complains (bitches from the Verb bitch, "to bitch", complain)
vs being a "bitch" (Noun and it's implied definition). 2 different usages.

A'ight Bitches? :-)
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
atila88
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#117 » by atila88 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:49 am

All happy with Niko. He win the games but when bulls lose the blame will be on Pau
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#118 » by mj234eva » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 am

Mark K wrote:
Rerisen wrote:I love that reporters and even Thibs are using the term 'The Jumbo' to describe our big lineups. :lol:

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content ... nst-knicks

2nd time Rerisen has had this shameless plug. :nonono:

You're tempting fate.

He's becoming almost as bad as Ralph.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,551

Post#119 » by Ice Man » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Mark K wrote:2nd time Rerisen has had this shameless plug. :nonono:

You're tempting fate.

When you got it, flaunt it. That' why I keep referring back to my 2011 Jimmy Butler All-Star prediction. Which I'll find, erm, somewhere. Just give me a moment.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,551

Post#120 » by Ice Man » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:27 pm

atila88 wrote:All happy with Niko. He win the games but when bulls lose the blame will be on Pau

Pau, Taj, and Kirk. Every game we lose, they lose.

Return to Chicago Bulls