Image ImageImage Image

PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win 

Post#141 » by kyrv » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Grubdawg wrote:
bullslas wrote:The Niko stepback is pure amazing. He will be an all star in year 3. Question, do we trade Taj or Noah in the summer.

You trade Pau. His value outweighs his production. To hell with this "gentlemen's agreement", you trade Pau for a good wing.

TRADEZZZZ YO.
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win 

Post#142 » by DRoseCantStop » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Grubdawg wrote:
bullslas wrote:The Niko stepback is pure amazing. He will be an all star in year 3. Question, do we trade Taj or Noah in the summer.

You trade Pau. His value outweighs his production. To hell with this "gentlemen's agreement", you trade Pau for a good wing.

Cya Taj!
SearsTower
Sixth Man
And1: 1,210

Re: PG: Phil Jackson Continues To Lead Bulls To Win 

Post#143 » by SearsTower » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:31 pm

DRoseCantStop wrote:
Grubdawg wrote:

Cya Taj!

You don't trade anyone. Pau will be 36-37 in Niko's third year. I see Pau retiring as a Bull. Plus MDJ will also be 36-37 and Niko will likely to still get minutes at SF.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#144 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Oh yay more talk about how the cavs are the greatest EVER
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,923

Post#145 » by meekrab » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:31 pm

SearsTower wrote:
DRoseCantStop wrote:
Grubdawg wrote:You trade Pau. His value outweighs his production. To hell with this "gentlemen's agreement", you trade Pau for a good wing.

Cya Taj!

You don't trade anyone. Pau will be 36-37 in Niko's third year. I see Pau retiring as a Bull. Plus MDJ will also be 36-37 and Niko will likely to still get minutes at SF.

I really don't see MDJ here next season. Snell has improved too much and McDermott is eventually going to figure out how to play NBA basketball.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#146 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Whoever said trade Pau on this great deal we have him at is out of there mind

Taj is the one who goes
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#147 » by Keller61 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Oh yay more talk about how the cavs are the greatest EVER

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have put a lot of fear into this board it seems.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#148 » by Indomitable » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:40 pm

:nod:
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#149 » by Indomitable » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Keller61 wrote:

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have put a lot of fear into this board it seems.

More a fear of believing because alot of people are gun shy about being confident.
:banghead:
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#150 » by Madhouse » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:06 pm

you trade Gibson in the draft to move up and get a replacement at C

then you sign a combo guard in FA

let Noah walk in 2016 and reload. Pau will walk in 2017.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#151 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:12 pm

By the way, Clyde mentioned last night that Thibs gets booed during the intros at the UC. Is that true?!
CB4L
Starter
And1: 549

Post#152 » by CB4L » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:24 pm

bentheredengthat wrote:By the way, Clyde mentioned last night that Thibs gets booed during the intros at the UC. Is that true?!

Not even a little bit. Every time I attend a Bulls game..not a single time have I heard the crowd boo Thibs.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: PG: Doug was inactive because of a back injury 

Post#153 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:31 pm

bullsRlife wrote:
CB4L wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bulls won, I'm just saying, I don't agree with some peoples assestment on where the series will be won.

And even if you go by out 1-9 being better, it looks good on paper, but it doesn't quantify the total affect that Lebron, Kyrie and Love have on their team, compared to our depth, and our best players affect on our team.

Here is the issue though. You say that you wouldn't be surprised if Bulls won even though your line of thinking thus far shows that you should be surprised if the Bulls beat the Cavaliers.

For the record, I'm with the group that believe Bulls will win the series.

Not really. What??? Here's an example. Floyd vs. Manny. Most people think Floyd's gonna win. But most wouldn't be shocked if Manny won, because they're both elite ATG boxers. Floyd is favored, but it wouldn't be the biggest shock in sports if Manny won. He's very much capable.

And I think Manny beats Floyd.....

It would be a pretty big shock if Pacquiao beats Mayweather. Pacquiao isn't even that good anymore. He lost to JMM and Bradley. Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this generation.

Regardeless, I don't think this is quite Bulls-Heat, but anytime you're facing a team with LeBron James on it, you're going to be viewed as noticeable underdogs. If there's a gun to my head, I think the Cavaliers win.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#154 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Grubdawg wrote:

Pau has been our most consistent player. He's old, but I'm starting to become more optimistic about his productivity in the end of his career. I would keep him over Taj going forward. Gasol isn't a great defender, but he's so incredibly skilled and teams still have trouble defending a seven footer who can shoot from the outside and score down low. People don't mention it much, but there have been quite a few times this season where Gasol has looked unguardable.

Gasol vs. Mozgov will be an interesting matchup. If we somehow beat the Cavaliers, I think Gasol feats on Millsap (6'8) and Horford (6'10).
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#155 » by bullsRlife » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
CB4L wrote:
Here is the issue though. You say that you wouldn't be surprised if Bulls won even though your line of thinking thus far shows that you should be surprised if the Bulls beat the Cavaliers.

For the record, I'm with the group that believe Bulls will win the series.

Not really. What??? Here's an example. Floyd vs. Manny. Most people think Floyd's gonna win. But most wouldn't be shocked if Manny won, because they're both elite ATG boxers. Floyd is favored, but it wouldn't be the biggest shock in sports if Manny won. He's very much capable.

And I think Manny beats Floyd.....

It would be a pretty big shock if Pacquiao beats Mayweather. Pacquiao isn't even that good anymore. He lost to JMM and Bradley. Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this generation.

Regardeless, I don't think this is quite Bulls-Heat, but anytime you're facing a team with LeBron James on it, you're going to be viewed as noticeable underdogs. If there's a gun to my head, I think the Cavaliers win.

When did he lose to Bradley??? I must have forgotten something, but he got robbed blind in their first fight, and he was whooping JMM, before the punch landed.

Floyd's fighting nothing but the same basic, plodding, no movement, b level fighters the past few years.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. I can be all rah rah Bulls like the rest, and say, "Bulls are gonna win, yeah!", but I'd just be faking it. If I'm putting money down, I'm putting it down on the Cavs.
Wont PerDont
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#156 » by Wont PerDont » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:48 pm

meekrab wrote:
SearsTower wrote:
DRoseCantStop wrote:Cya Taj!

I really don't see MDJ here next season. Snell has improved too much and McDermott is eventually going to figure out how to play NBA basketball.

Not only that, but MDJ has aged like 30 years since January. Don't know if I have ever seen a guy get so old so fast. He is on the slippery slope to Hinrichville.
Freaky like my lady pyramid...

-Formerly: gineric 12

-P.J. Carlesimo on Denver Coach Brian Shaw (2/21/14): "He's paid his dues and he's ready for a head job..."
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#157 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:49 pm

bullsRlife wrote:When did he lose to Bradley??? I must have forgotten something, but he got robbed blind in their first fight, and he was whooping JMM, before the punch landed.

Floyd's fighting nothing but the same basic, plodding, no movement, b level fighters the past few years.

Floyd's not flashy, but he fights the right way and wins over and over again. You can criticize the type of fighter Floyd faces all day, but regardless he has a bullseye on him each time he's in the ring and every fighter ALWAYS gives him their absolute best.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#158 » by bullsRlife » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:When did he lose to Bradley??? I must have forgotten something, but he got robbed blind in their first fight, and he was whooping JMM, before the punch landed.

Floyd's not flashy, but he fights the right way and wins over and over again. You can criticize the type of fighter Floyd faces all day, but regardless he has a bullseye on him each time he's in the ring and every fighter ALWAYS gives him their absolute best.

Can't argue with that. Still have Manny winning though. Can't wait for it.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#159 » by samwana » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Remember when the Heat didn't really have a great regular season the first year and even had to cry after we dumped them in march?

They can peak all they like right now, but it really comes down to performance in the playoffs and I have seen a lto of nice games against top notch games this season to believe in our team.

Cavs haven't won anything yet, neither did we.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#160 » by chifan1798 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:20 pm

samwana wrote:Remember when the Heat didn't really have a great regular season the first year and even had to cry after we dumped them in march?

They can peak all they like right now, but it really comes down to performance in the playoffs and I have seen a lto of nice games against top notch games this season to believe in our team.

Cavs haven't won anything yet, neither did we.

Add to that, that Heat team had difficulty winning games against the best teams in the league. They may have had a few games here or there against the good teams, but there was a whole lot of talk about how they couldn't beat teams like the Celtics, Bulls, etc. At least we have beaten every good team except Atlanta so far. That Heat team started to figure it out in their last 12-15 games or so

Return to Chicago Bulls