Image ImageImage Image

Who is your MVP?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who is your MVP?

Stephen Curry
67%
James Harden
22%
Russell Westbrook
3%
Anthony Davis
3%
Lebron James
5%
Other
1%

Total votes: 106

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Who is your MVP? 

Post#61 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 am

RebuildaBulls wrote:I like Curry to win it but I think Harden deserves it a little more because he had to carry his team with Dwight out

Wouldn't that mean Russell Westbrook is MVP then?
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#62 » by Madhouse » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:58 am

Mark K wrote:
RebuildaBulls wrote:Well Harden had to carry a team, Lebron's Heat and Cavs teams had to carry him. Those vacations in Miami help alot also

?

1st two seasons LBJ had a near prime Wade and Bosh last 2 years not so much. And with Cleveland it was a one man show.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#63 » by Madhouse » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:59 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
RebuildaBulls wrote:I like Curry to win it but I think Harden deserves it a little more because he had to carry his team with Dwight out

Westbrook 9th seed and Harden 2nd seed.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#64 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:01 am

Madhouse wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:

At what point were the Rockets out of playoff contention? Westbrook took his team which had one of the worst records at the time to within 1 game of the playoffs while taking over for the reigning MVP, which is a far more devastating loss than Dwight Howard has been in years. Again, it's most valuable. Not player who had the best offensive stats.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#65 » by Madhouse » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:05 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:

At what point were the Rockets out of playoff contention? Westbrook took his team which had one of the worst records at the time to within 1 game of the playoffs while taking over for the reigning MVP, which is a far more devastating loss than Dwight Howard has been in years. Again, it's most valuable. Not player who had the best offensive stats.

Yeah I think it's more valuable to lead a team with only mediocre player like Jones, Brewer, Motiejunas, Smith, Beverley, Ariza to 56 wins and the 2nd seed in the brutal West than missing the playoffs with a better supporting cast in Ibaka, Kanter, Adams, Morrow, Waiters, Augustin
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#66 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:44 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:

OKC could've missed the playoffs with or without Russ. His value to winning wasn't even close to Harden's this season.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#67 » by te887848 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Curry quite easily. It's not his fault his teammates are better than Harden's, because that's Harden's only argument.

Curry is statistically and observably the better player. He also is the anchor of one of the 10 greatest regular season teams in NBA history. What Golden State did this season was special and rare. What Houston did is something we'll see every season.

Curry's raw stats are also deflated because he sits in so many blowouts. He could easily be averaging 26/5/9 if his team required him to play more minutes.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#68 » by dice » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

te887848 wrote:Curry quite easily. It's not his fault his teammates are better than Harden's, because that's Harden's only argument.

Curry is statistically and observably the better player. He also is the anchor of one of the 10 greatest regular season teams in NBA history. What Golden State did this season was special and rare. What Houston did is something we'll see every season.

Curry's raw stats are also deflated because he sits in so many blowouts. He could easily be averaging 26/5/9 if his team required him to play more minutes.

that's a good point. i do think the arguments for harden are perfectly valid though (except when people lean on the 2 seed thing when 56 wins in the west is as impressive and more valid)
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#69 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:00 am

I definitely thought this would be a closer vote between Harden and Curry, but it looks like most members are leaning towards Curry with 66% of votes to him, which I can't disagree on as he did have a remarkable season.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#70 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:40 pm

My MVP is Paul Gasol
This is not a moment, it's a movement
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#71 » by dice » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:45 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:I definitely thought this would be a closer vote between Harden and Curry, but it looks like most members are leaning towards Curry with 66% of votes to him, which I can't disagree on as he did have a remarkable season.

it's gonna be the same result in the actual vote. the strong majority will pick curry by a hair
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls