Image ImageImage Image

Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

unc1120
Sophomore
And1: 38

Re: Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season 

Post#81 » by unc1120 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:26 pm

After seeing the leaps and bounds that Golden State has made defensively and the regression that bulls have made, it is crystal clear why Thibs was pissed off that Ron Adams was fired. What an idiotic mistake that was. One of Thibs best qualities is that he values his assistants.

I actually can't believe Thibs may be fired. If he gets fired, I hope he goes somewhere else and absolutely kills it.

F**** the front office. They absolutely crushed the Mitotic Butler draft but aren't worth s**** other than that. The fact that they butted heads with Ron Adams, Del Negro, and Thibs tells me that they have systematic issues. We are literally the San Fran 49ers of basketball and this situation reminds me so much of Harbaugh.

We'll see how good this team really is if Thibs is gone.
PANTS!!!
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Post#82 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Truth, no truth. I'm really not giving much of a damn at this point. My only hope is that behind closed doors, all parties involved are being professionals about this thing and keeping their eyes on the main vision. And that's to win and win big. I feel like both sides have strong cases with regards to what they have done to make that vision a reality.

That said, it's going to be really hysterical if both sides come to terms on yet another long term agreement and collectively bust a loose one in the media's face. Talk about being public enemies of the media for the long haul. They are going to freaking hate this organization to no end.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#83 » by Ice Man » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:25 pm

SearsTower wrote:I'm so tired of this (non)story.

It is not a non story if it comes from Lowe.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#84 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Ice Man wrote:
SearsTower wrote:I'm so tired of this (non)story.

It is not a non story if it comes from Lowe.

Better yet, it's not a non-story if everybody else is reporting the same thing.It's very reasonable to believe that both sides have agreed to part ways after the season, provided the team doesn't go on a deep playoff run.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and this is the Thibodeau story right now:

At this point, calling it a non-story would be like finding the least smokiest room in that house.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#85 » by Stratmaster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Rerisen wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:To me, he has always been portrayed as hard ass, somewhat humorless, opinionated and just shy of an egomaniac.

Maybe both sides are egomaniac's and thus the friction. I believe it was on Jonathon Hood's show he claimed to have heard from people that Gar and Pax feel they haven't gotten enough credit over the last few years for the roster they've built and the success its had despite adversities, that Tom has gotten too much of the credit. :lol:

You "believe" it was on Jonathan Hood's show that Jonathan "claimed" to have heard from "people". Was the laugh mocking hood or the front office? I can't tell.

If it was the front office you were laughing about, I guess I would need to understand what level of basketball sources an ex canadian football league player whose favorite sport is baseball has.

With that said, I have no doubt that all of the parties involved have massive egos. My point was that some seem to have an image of Thibs as a great guy being screwed by the meanies in the front office. I could be way off base, but judging from Thibs persona as a coach I would be more likely to think he might be the same aggressive, angry, emotional win at all costs guy in his dealings with the front office that he is as a coach.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,249

Post#86 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Here's what I think. Thibs reportedly has a strained relationship with Gar. Thibs gets in his car and hears a bunch of jagoffs talking about how they are 99% sure he is gone after this season.. that Bulls management has already made their decision.. he hears and reads local guys who say they have "sauces" and it's imminent. He tells his agent this, maybe he has dinner with JVG and says.."yeah, everyone seems to think I'm getting the axe regardless of what happens".. this gets repeated and maybe even embellished by some writer... who knows?

Maybe it's just noise, maybe not... but if I'm Thibs, or, I should say, his agent.. I'm probably putting out feelers at the very least. Just looking out for my own best interests if I want to be coaching in a good place next year.

Here's another take. Thibs doesn't like Gar. His reputation and value are at their highest, and he already knows he has a better offer waiting for him with more money and more control. He wants out. He has purposefully snubbed his nose at the FO at every opportunity, pushing back on every request, refusing to work with the new training staff and establishing an adversarial relationship with everyone other than his players; and maybe even with a couple of them. His assistants are like shadows. They stand in the background and seem to have no in-game input. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned by him or anyone else. His ego won't allow for anyone else to have any input or control. The front office keeps trying to reassure and makes public statements squashing the idea that they have already decided to fire him. but Thibs agent and camp really don't want them to go away; so somehow they keep resurfacing.

I'm not saying that take is right, and yours is wrong. But it seems more likely to me.

There is nothing in Thibs history to suggest any of that. Holy smokes at all that bull.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
BullsInBuffalo
Rookie
And1: 423

Post#87 » by BullsInBuffalo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Loser of the cavs Bulls series is losing a coach.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#88 » by Stratmaster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Here's what I think. Thibs reportedly has a strained relationship with Gar. Thibs gets in his car and hears a bunch of jagoffs talking about how they are 99% sure he is gone after this season.. that Bulls management has already made their decision.. he hears and reads local guys who say they have "sauces" and it's imminent. He tells his agent this, maybe he has dinner with JVG and says.."yeah, everyone seems to think I'm getting the axe regardless of what happens".. this gets repeated and maybe even embellished by some writer... who knows?

Maybe it's just noise, maybe not... but if I'm Thibs, or, I should say, his agent.. I'm probably putting out feelers at the very least. Just looking out for my own best interests if I want to be coaching in a good place next year.

Here's another take. Thibs doesn't like Gar. His reputation and value are at their highest, and he already knows he has a better offer waiting for him with more money and more control. He wants out. He has purposefully snubbed his nose at the FO at every opportunity, pushing back on every request, refusing to work with the new training staff and establishing an adversarial relationship with everyone other than his players; and maybe even with a couple of them. His assistants are like shadows. They stand in the background and seem to have no in-game input. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned by him or anyone else. His ego won't allow for anyone else to have any input or control. The front office keeps trying to reassure and makes public statements squashing the idea that they have already decided to fire him. but Thibs agent and camp really don't want them to go away; so somehow they keep resurfacing.

I'm not saying that take is right, and yours is wrong. But it seems more likely to me.

There is nothing in Thibs history to suggest any of that. Holy smokes at all that bull.

Nothing in thibs history to suggest he doesn't like gar? Really?
Thibs value right now isn't at it's highest in his career? Really?
You don't think there are teams that would offer him more money and control?
With all the leaks from his camp, and the SVG comments, you still don't think he wants out?

He has complained about the new minutes restrictions publicly multiple times. It is pretty much accepted fact that he doesn't like the approach of the new training staff. When have you ever heard him talk about his assistant coaches?

If you want to call the post bull you might want to explain what it is you disagree with.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#89 » by dice » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:36 am

unc1120 wrote:After seeing the leaps and bounds that Golden State has made defensively and the regression that bulls have made, it is crystal clear why Thibs was pissed off that Ron Adams was fired. What an idiotic mistake that was. One of Thibs best qualities is that he values his assistants.

ron adams is the defensive guru now?

the warriors were #4 in the league in defense last year. there has been no "leaps and bounds" improvement for them on that end. and the bulls simply aren't rebounding as well or forcing turnovers as much this year. i don't think it was losing ron adams that has caused that. noah's injury issues, kirk's decline and jimmy's reduced defensive aggression have
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#90 » by dice » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:41 am

something tells me that not many people around here will be acknowledging J.R.'s willingness to eat two years of thibs's contract if he is fired this offseason. a factor which, by the way, would indicate that J.R. is accepting of how much the FO dislikes thibs
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#91 » by Bandit King » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 am

Chicago Brawls wrote:I thought Thibs was an antisocial hermit, basketball lunatic.

Now he has confidants? Dare I say, friends?

He is that's why he has never had a girlfriend and fights with Jen Swanson.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#92 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:19 am

dice wrote:something tells me that not many people around here will be acknowledging J.R.'s willingness to eat two years of thibs's contract if he is fired this offseason. a factor which, by the way, would indicate that J.R. is accepting of how much the FO dislikes thibs

It was my recollection that Skiles negotiated a smaller amount just so that he could coach again immediately. I don't think the buyout was publicly available though.

My suspicion is that Thibs will be handled the same. While JR will be spending some money, he won't be eating the full amount remaining.
dice
RealGM

Post#93 » by dice » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:22 am

coldfish wrote:
dice wrote:something tells me that not many people around here will be acknowledging J.R.'s willingness to eat two years of thibs's contract if he is fired this offseason. a factor which, by the way, would indicate that J.R. is accepting of how much the FO dislikes thibs

It was my recollection that Skiles negotiated a smaller amount just so that he could coach again immediately. I don't think the buyout was publicly available though.

My suspicion is that Thibs will be handled the same. While JR will be spending some money, he won't be eating the full amount remaining.

if thibs is outright fired he doesn't have to wait to coach again. two teams will be paying him
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,860

Post#94 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:44 am

If they trade Thibs, the buyout is $0.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#95 » by Axl Rose » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:18 am

its clear this is a 2 way street

thibs wants out...his people are the ones that keep dredging this up...hes not a innocent bystander that the FO is mad at for no particular reason like its being painted....both thibs and FO are at fault here for having a dick measuring contest

i think Stratmaster is on point....maybe not totally on thibs being the bad guy...but that thibs knows his value is at a high and if he gets let go he stands to get a pay upgrade aswell as more control....who doesn't want that?
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#96 » by jl342323 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:27 am

i want to see thibs coach guys like nick young.

Thibs next stop LA Lakers.

He will have Kobe, Rondo, and Swaggy P.
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#97 » by Rerisen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:28 am

Stratmaster wrote:You "believe" it was on Jonathan Hood's show that Jonathan "claimed" to have heard from "people". Was the laugh mocking hood or the front office? I can't tell.

If it was the front office you were laughing about, I guess I would need to understand what level of basketball sources an ex canadian football league player whose favorite sport is baseball has.

With that said, I have no doubt that all of the parties involved have massive egos. My point was that some seem to have an image of Thibs as a great guy being screwed by the meanies in the front office. I could be way off base, but judging from Thibs persona as a coach I would be more likely to think he might be the same aggressive, angry, emotional win at all costs guy in his dealings with the front office that he is as a coach.

Yes, I'm 99% sure it was there, I certainly didn't make it up. So if we don't like it, have to believe either Hood was lying or making it up himself, or his source was.

I just find it a little odd we are so quick to assign all these flaws to our coach, while there seems to be no allowance that the FO might not have some of their own. We already know the atmosphere is far from 100% professional after what happened with Vinny.

And yeah I do think he is being screwed a bit here. After the coaching job he has done here the last 5 years, a great job every season really, to be left in this swirling media circus and they are sitting there with a life jacket, and don't throw it. He doesn't deserve it, and even more egregiously, the team doesn't deserve it, because such distractions are no help to them.

I want to go back and hit that opinion you gave about the assistants too. You don't think they do much, I'm not sure how we can know that, but let's not forget that probably his most trusted one got unceremoniously dumped off the team. If Tom didn't care about or value them, I doubt letting Adams go would have caused such a ruckus.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#98 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Rerisen wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:You "believe" it was on Jonathan Hood's show that Jonathan "claimed" to have heard from "people". Was the laugh mocking hood or the front office? I can't tell.

Yes, I'm 99% sure it was there, I certainly didn't make it up. So if we don't like it, have to believe either Hood was lying or making it up himself, or his source was.

I just find it a little odd we are so quick to assign all these flaws to our coach, while there seems to be no allowance that the FO might not have some of their own. We already know the atmosphere is far from 100% professional after what happened with Vinny.

And yeah I do think he is being screwed a bit here. After the coaching job he has done here the last 5 years, a great job every season really, to be left in this swirling media circus and they are sitting there with a life jacket, and don't throw it. He doesn't deserve it, and even more egregiously, the team doesn't deserve it, because such distractions are no help to them.

I want to go back and hit that opinion you gave about the assistants too. You don't think they do much, I'm not sure how we can know that, but let's not forget that probably his most trusted one got unceremoniously dumped off the team. If Tom didn't care about or value them, I doubt letting Adams go would have caused such a ruckus.

I fully acknowledges that the front office has egos and flaws too. We are actually arguing the same point from opposite points of view. Some people want to blame the front office. Some want to blame Thibs. All of these guys have egos. Either side could have nipped this in the bud. Neither side appears to want to.

I never said the assistants don't do anything. I said you don't hear about them. Honestly, I would have to go look up their names to refresh my memory; because you never hear them or see them, and they never get mentioned.

I noticed on one time out, game before last I believe, the camera showed the Bucks in huddle during a time out. One of Kidd's assistants drew up a play. Kidd was standing over him watching. He nodded when the assistant got done, pointed to something on the drawing board and made a comment. This is Jason Kidd. You know...a PG who ran offenses his entire NBA career. It appeared he was deferring to an idea an assistant had. That means they must actually communicate ideas back and forth.

Now that is just a visual and one snapshot in time. The Bulls staff may have all kinds of input. I'm not on the bench or sitting at the game behind it to be able to watch it all game and tell. But the APPEARANCE that is given is that Thibs is a one man show.

I voted that I want Thibs to stay. I feel like he is learning some lessons this season, and is showing some signs that while he will always have his approach he may be able to adjust slightly. However, the last couple of games are making me wonder. I'm starting to feel pretty ambivalent about him.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#99 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:39 pm

It's coincidental how that story became public right after Scott Brooks has been dismissed by the Thunder. If I remember correctly, there was a story a couple pf Summer ago about how Thibs struck a friendship with Durant and Westbrook when he went to see how Derrick was progressing with his workouts. Could it be possible Thibs and his camp are already sending signals to other teams that he will be available this Summer to talk? that OKC job really looks enticing, doesn't it?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,249

Post#100 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:

If you want to call the post bull you might want to explain what it is you disagree with.

All of it. It's all garbage. He isn't an egomaniac because you say so, he was furious about Ron Adams getting fired, and no one talks about their assistant coaches in the league. Tell me about bostons', or the lakers assistants, and all the media attention they get. :lol:

Refusing to work with anyone? Adversarial? Snub his nose at every chance? Do you read these types of phrases and realize how foolish they sound. Hyperbole loses credibility, it doesn't add to it.

You're literally making up stuff with no facts and pretending like it's the case. TMZ would be ashamed.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong

Return to Chicago Bulls