Image ImageImage Image

Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Re: Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season 

Post#61 » by cool007 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:19 pm

If bulls are healthy vs cavs and we still lose in 6 or so vs Lebron's team again then I have no problem for whatever happens.

It would seem like Thibs is A to B coach and we need to find that B to C coach who can get us over the Lebron hump.

Yes, this is Thibs do or die season. If we can't beat lebrons team and can't get to the finals with (finally) the whole team being healthy and cavs first year as big 3 and inexperience then All is fair IMO.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,260

Post#62 » by kodo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm

As I said in the GB thread...

Krause & Phil Jackson wanted to strangle each other for a decade and they were forced to stay with each other because the team was winning.

If the team wins, Thibs will stay.

If the team goes out 4-1 to the Cavs...what's so valuable worth saving here anyway?

The situation will resolve itself.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#63 » by otwok » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Another thing, if Derrick blows out his knee in the playoffs again then the team will blow up and thibs will be gone. So two ways thibs is gone, if we get beat down by the Cavs or rose gets hurt.

If we lose in 7 to Cavs thibs stays
DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

Post#64 » by DaBulls82 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

kdapiton wrote:
DaBulls82 wrote:We won't need these distractions now.

Only pencil necks get distracted by these.

Nah, man. We're alright. Task at hand is win the trophy. That's all that matters. I trust that our guys know that too.

I have faith we can stay focused as well - just sick of hearing about this crap.
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#65 » by JerrySloan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:04 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Here's what I think. Thibs reportedly has a strained relationship with Gar. Thibs gets in his car and hears a bunch of jagoffs talking about how they are 99% sure he is gone after this season.. that Bulls management has already made their decision.. he hears and reads local guys who say they have "sauces" and it's imminent. He tells his agent this, maybe he has dinner with JVG and says.."yeah, everyone seems to think I'm getting the axe regardless of what happens".. this gets repeated and maybe even embellished by some writer... who knows?

Maybe it's just noise, maybe not... but if I'm Thibs, or, I should say, his agent.. I'm probably putting out feelers at the very least. Just looking out for my own best interests if I want to be coaching in a good place next year.

Here's another take. Thibs doesn't like Gar. His reputation and value are at their highest, and he already knows he has a better offer waiting for him with more money and more control. He wants out. He has purposefully snubbed his nose at the FO at every opportunity, pushing back on every request, refusing to work with the new training staff and establishing an adversarial relationship with everyone other than his players; and maybe even with a couple of them. His assistants are like shadows. They stand in the background and seem to have no in-game input. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned by him or anyone else. His ego won't allow for anyone else to have any input or control. The front office keeps trying to reassure and makes public statements squashing the idea that they have already decided to fire him. but Thibs agent and camp really don't want them to go away; so somehow they keep resurfacing.

I'm not saying that take is right, and yours is wrong. But it seems more likely to me.
Thibs had a blood test done. He is human. They also placed kryptonite next to him, and he did not become ill.

Here is another take.

Just MAYBE Thibs is the kind of guy he has always been portrayed to be and has NOTHING AT ALL to do with any of this B.S. AND if JR is still happy with Thibs as coach at the end of the P.O.s, it doesn't matter if Thibs wants to leave OR Gar/Pax want him to. He won't be going anywhere.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#66 » by otwok » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 pm

I do remember an article in the past where it was reported that when Thibs was with NY that it was him that would leak stories to media. So maybe it is something there.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#67 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm

otwok wrote:I do remember an article in the past where it was reported that when Thibs was with NY that it was him that would leak stories to media. So maybe it is something there.

Never heard that except from somebody here who couldn't produce anything substantial about it.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#68 » by WIN » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 pm

DannyNoonan1221 wrote:
WIN wrote:What's the point of articles like this during the freaking playoffs? Nothing but a click baiting article. If he's gone he's gone, let's wait until we get through the playoffs first ffs.

Nothing but a click baiting article? Did you read the article? You probably should before commenting on a very small portion of the entire thing.

Google the definition of click baiting and get back to me son. I'm referring to the realgm article FYI.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#69 » by Mr Funk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Last year, Simmons/Grantland "reported" Thibs was going to Memphis. Now, Lowe/Grantland is reporting this.

Grantland = Hackland
DannyNoonan1221
Junior
And1: 151

Post#70 » by DannyNoonan1221 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:15 pm

WIN wrote:
DannyNoonan1221 wrote:
WIN wrote:What's the point of articles like this during the freaking playoffs? Nothing but a click baiting article. If he's gone he's gone, let's wait until we get through the playoffs first ffs.

Nothing but a click baiting article? Did you read the article? You probably should before commenting on a very small portion of the entire thing.

Google the definition of click baiting and get back to me son. I'm referring to the realgm article FYI.

fair enough. I read the actual article- didn't notice the link was to the wire tap. Yes, realgm article is click baiting. The actual article it came from was not. my bad.
Okay Brand, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did.
GMF
Senior
And1: 9

Post#71 » by GMF » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:17 pm

fleet wrote:
Mark K wrote:
Rerisen wrote:First I heard this was from SAS on First Take the other day that from someone 'close to Thibs' or confidant whatever, that this person thinks Thibs is gone, or is relaying Thibs thinks he is gone. AFAIK Smith was talking from a first hand account, not referencing an older written story.

If it's SAS voicing something, i have serious reservation about it. Had it been someone with more credentials, and they were saying this publicly, perhaps i'd be more concerned.

He may be proven right, but he isn't saying anything shocking here.

Lowe is not (I thought) just another regurgitating schlub on the Internet. He is a 1st world jounalist that knows the rules when you cite somebody else's report. You credit the other guy first, i.e. SAS has reported ....blah blah. Since Lowe didn't do that, it suggests he independently has also heard this from someone. You would think, IDK.

To be fair to SAS, even though he can be annoying he does have reputable sources. He broke the LeBron going to the Heat story way before anyone else.
DannyNoonan1221
Junior
And1: 151

Post#72 » by DannyNoonan1221 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
DannyNoonan1221 wrote:

What whole article? The link was to a 4 sentence blurb. What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind. I got the link now

my fault in the first place- didn't realize it was a link to the wiretap. I had read the article originally on grantland
Okay Brand, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did.
JDRochholz
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season 

Post#73 » by JDRochholz » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

This is such bullsh**....we have a LEGIT chance to win the title and we have to worry about our coach getting fired.....wtf

Okay, so WHAT IF we win the whole thing? Does our dumbass FO fire him? I don't get this....
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#74 » by Stratmaster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 pm

JerrySloan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Here's what I think. Thibs reportedly has a strained relationship with Gar. Thibs gets in his car and hears a bunch of jagoffs talking about how they are 99% sure he is gone after this season.. that Bulls management has already made their decision.. he hears and reads local guys who say they have "sauces" and it's imminent. He tells his agent this, maybe he has dinner with JVG and says.."yeah, everyone seems to think I'm getting the axe regardless of what happens".. this gets repeated and maybe even embellished by some writer... who knows?

Maybe it's just noise, maybe not... but if I'm Thibs, or, I should say, his agent.. I'm probably putting out feelers at the very least. Just looking out for my own best interests if I want to be coaching in a good place next year.

Here's another take. Thibs doesn't like Gar. His reputation and value are at their highest, and he already knows he has a better offer waiting for him with more money and more control. He wants out. He has purposefully snubbed his nose at the FO at every opportunity, pushing back on every request, refusing to work with the new training staff and establishing an adversarial relationship with everyone other than his players; and maybe even with a couple of them. His assistants are like shadows. They stand in the background and seem to have no in-game input. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned by him or anyone else. His ego won't allow for anyone else to have any input or control. The front office keeps trying to reassure and makes public statements squashing the idea that they have already decided to fire him. but Thibs agent and camp really don't want them to go away; so somehow they keep resurfacing.

I'm not saying that take is right, and yours is wrong. But it seems more likely to me.
Thibs had a blood test done. He is human. They also placed kryptonite next to him, and he did not become ill.

Here is another take.

Just MAYBE Thibs is the kind of guy he has always been portrayed to be and has NOTHING AT ALL to do with any of this B.S. AND if JR is still happy with Thibs as coach at the end of the P.O.s, it doesn't matter if Thibs wants to leave OR Gar/Pax want him to. He won't be going anywhere.

Very possible. I am curious though. What type of guy are you saying thibs has been portrayed to be? There seem to be some on ebhre who have this angelic view of Thibs. To me, he has always been portrayed as hard ass, somewhat humorless, opinionated and just shy of an egomaniac.

As far as him having nothing to do with any of this BS...I don;t believe that for a second. With that said, the RealGM wiretap headline and quotes that this thread was born from are nothing but BS. If you read the article, it was an offhand reference to past reports. It was not "new news".
McBulls
General Manager
And1: 3,564

Post#75 » by McBulls » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:42 pm

SSSFreak wrote:If we beat the Cavs in the second round its going to be very hard for the front office to justify firing Thibs. On the other hand, if we lose, they probably have all the justification in the world. It's do or die for Thibs.

If it's do or die, I expect he would finally start a real PF instead of a center at 4. And I would not expect to see Hinrich at all in the Cleveland series.

Wanna give odds on that happening? I will. 1:10.
The guy would rather die than admit he was wrong.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#76 » by Stratmaster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:46 pm

DannyNoonan1221 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
DannyNoonan1221 wrote:

What whole article? The link was to a 4 sentence blurb. What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind. I got the link now

my fault in the first place- didn't realize it was a link to the wiretap. I had read the article originally on grantland

No worries. It actually made me realize the wiretap headlines can't be taken at face value, and until you read the full article you are likely commenting on BS that isn't even the point of the real article.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#77 » by Rerisen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Stratmaster wrote:To me, he has always been portrayed as hard ass, somewhat humorless, opinionated and just shy of an egomaniac.

Maybe both sides are egomaniac's and thus the friction. I believe it was on Jonathon Hood's show he claimed to have heard from people that Gar and Pax feel they haven't gotten enough credit over the last few years for the roster they've built and the success its had despite adversities, that Tom has gotten too much of the credit. :lol:
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#78 » by Indomitable » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm

otwok wrote:Another thing, if Derrick blows out his knee in the playoffs again then the team will blow up and thibs will be gone. So two ways thibs is gone, if we get beat down by the Cavs or rose gets hurt.

If we lose in 7 to Cavs thibs stays
:banghead:
:banghead:
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#79 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:16 pm

McBulls wrote:The guy would rather die than admit he was wrong.

from 1/22/2015 Speaking on Kyle Korver..

I should have given him more minutes in hindsight,” the normally stoic Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said with a laugh recently of his former player
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#80 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Thibodeau has shown that he can :

1) Work when players that make his scheme work were traded away or not resigned.
2) Work around really good assistant coaches not being retained
3) New philosophy of injury management and player minutes management
4) Adjust in the playoffs

He's been a hard nut to crack, but he cracked under his own accord and on his own rules. I think thats a good thing and shows he has the mental agility to be flexible about bending his hardline rules on certain things.

That deserves kudos.
For love, not money.

Return to Chicago Bulls