Image ImageImage Image

Kevin Love Injury (Update pg 26), JR Smith Suspended 2 Games

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Re: KLove injured...JR does JR things have changed 

Post#261 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 am

BTW, the Bulls better be focused and not buy into the media hype for a week that they will be the favorites against Cleveland. I am sure with the suspensions and Love's injury, a lot of media will jump ship in their predictions of Cleveland winning the series. I just heard this morning of "why can't we fast forward to a Cleveland/GS finals". I am sure predictions will change with more than a few people.

If anything, the Bulls better not think the new Cavs are like the Bucks or Celtics and play down to their level. Cleveland will have problems which the 2011-14 Bulls would have exploited like anything. I am not so sure of this year's Bulls.
LCMJ
Veteran
And1: 1,225

Post#262 » by LCMJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:11 am

Concept Coop wrote:
thejet1711 wrote:Agreed. I'm not rooting for people to go and get injured but now that it's happened, oh well. Could care less. We've been ravaged by injuries and a certain KING has benefited from weakened opponents for years. That's what I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

LeBron hasn't benefited from **** but natural talent. Injuries happen every season.

Nobody is asking you to write a get well card, but be classy about it.

be classy about it? how? i dont wish injuries on anyone, but if it happens it happens.
Derrick Rose & The Chicago Bulls - Fuel to the Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80xGPG7yiw
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#263 » by Shill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 am

Mech Engineer wrote:BTW, the Bulls better be focused and not buy into the media hype for a week that they will be the favorites against Cleveland. I am sure with the suspensions and Love's injury, a lot of media will jump ship in their predictions of Cleveland winning the series. I just heard this morning of "why can't we fast forward to a Cleveland/GS finals". I am sure predictions will change with more than a few people.

If anything, the Bulls better not think the new Cavs are like the Bucks or Celtics and play down to their level. Cleveland will have problems which the 2011-14 Bulls would have exploited like anything. I am not so sure of this year's Bulls.

There is no way the Bulls will take any LeBron James team lightly.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#264 » by Susan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:13 am

2ndOrder wrote:
disgusting. i want the bulls to win a ring this year as much as the next guy but what has Love done to any of you guys? why hope injury to anyone? who cares if people made jokes about Derrick? why are you bringing yourselves to such a low level? smdh.

Nobody is hoping injury on anybody. All we're saying is that we don't give a **** that he's injured. We've dealt with injuries ruining our team enough to have no sympathy when another team loses a star player during the playoffs.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#265 » by LofJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 am

This Hornet fan for one is glad that Lebron finally has to deal with injuries to his own team. I'm sick of that dude owning the eastern conference, take him down Chicago. Go Bulls!!!
The Kane
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#266 » by The Kane » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 am

I like K Love and hope he gets back on the court...

...next season. Bulls have been absolutely decimated by injuries for years and nobody had any sympathy for us. The Bulls beating an incomplete Cavs team would not taint the victory for me in any way. Hope the Bulls can take advantage of this.
"This game has always been, and will always be about buckets."

- Bill Russell
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#267 » by drbg43 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 am

Love out atleast 2 weeks? Nice! Give me a break with the classless talk lol
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,812

Post#268 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 am

Smith should be suspended for more than one game. What he did was basically the same as what Artest did to Harden. You can't close your closed fist and then swing at it at full force at someone's head. And he clearly doesn't get it either by reading the quotes about the incident, basically deflecting and using the fact that Crowder was pushing him under the basket. Well sh**, JR, you are in the paint and 'legal' positioning is what happens, you damn fool. That's no reason to swing at someone's head with a closed fist.

This incident should be treated as a punch to the head, which it technically was. If he gets any less than 3 games, I'd be incredibly disappointed in this league. And yet, it wouldn't surprise me if he got less because it's LeBron's team.
Why so serious?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#269 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 am

So with him being out 2 weeks, that could be 2-3 games. AND even if he comes back, he will be far from 100%.

Say what you want about the season he had, but the numbers show that the team is flat out better with him. And it takes away from the Cavs depth.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#270 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:34 am

Barkley said Smith should get a 10 game suspension and the rest of the guys(Shaq, Kenny, Ernie) didn't disagree.
Concept Coop
Analyst
And1: 608

Post#271 » by Concept Coop » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:36 am

Susan wrote:Nobody is hoping injury on anybody. All we're saying is that we don't give a **** that he's injured. We've dealt with injuries ruining our team enough to have no sympathy when another team loses a star player during the playoffs.

This is so backwards. I for one, as a Bulls fan, have "dealt with" it enough to be very empathetic about it.
Real GM Bulls Board: Step 2 - Anger
LCMJ
Veteran
And1: 1,225

Post#272 » by LCMJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:40 am

Concept Coop wrote:
Susan wrote:Nobody is hoping injury on anybody. All we're saying is that we don't give a **** that he's injured. We've dealt with injuries ruining our team enough to have no sympathy when another team loses a star player during the playoffs.

This is so backwards. I for one, as a Bulls fan, have "dealt with" it enough to be very empathetic about it.

its cool to be empathetic about other teams players, but some of us aren't. how does that make us disgusting?
Derrick Rose & The Chicago Bulls - Fuel to the Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80xGPG7yiw
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#273 » by CalilLove89 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:43 am

KingJordan23 wrote:Barkley said Smith should get a 10 game suspension and the rest of the guys(Shaq, Kenny, Ernie) didn't disagree.

People act like blindside cheap shots are common in this league, people need to recognize this is far worse than the fake tough guy hold me back scrums that happen all the time. Rarely are any punches thrown, and rarely do they connect solidly.

I said it before, that bum could of cost crowder millions of dollars, he was looking like maybe a MLE or better player especially considering the new cap, if his knee needs surgery hopefully someone gives him the contract he deserves and he doesn't get screwed.

Refs should of handled this better in my opinion, Perk should of been tossed and they never got control of the game since they let him stay.
Red Folder
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#274 » by Red Folder » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM7fLlXw9vQ[/youtube]

They all say at least 5 games.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#275 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 am

Btw,Johnnyvann should get props for saying that JR Smith would cost the Cavs in the playoffs. He was 100% on the money.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Folder
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#276 » by Red Folder » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:49 am

CalilLove89 wrote:
KingJordan23 wrote:Barkley said Smith should get a 10 game suspension and the rest of the guys(Shaq, Kenny, Ernie) didn't disagree.

People act like blindside cheap shots are common in this league, people need to recognize this is far worse than the fake tough guy hold me back scrums that happen all the time. Rarely are any punches thrown, and rarely do they connect solidly.

I said it before, that bum could of cost crowder millions of dollars, he was looking like maybe a MLE or better player especially considering the new cap, if his knee needs surgery hopefully someone gives him the contract he deserves and he doesn't get screwed.

Refs should of handled this better in my opinion, Perk should of been tossed and they never got control of the game since they let him stay.

Agreed. Perkins threw him to the ground, then stared Crowder down and actually went at him when he got upset. WTF is that?

You also have JR Smith smiling and clapping to a Cavs fan in the tunnel after he got ejected. The reaction by these two guys are unbelievable. Two clear cheap shots and no remorse at all. That needs to be factored into the suspensions for each.
Concept Coop
Analyst
And1: 608

Post#277 » by Concept Coop » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 am

LCMJ wrote:
Concept Coop wrote:
thejet1711 wrote:Agreed. I'm not rooting for people to go and get injured but now that it's happened, oh well. Could care less. We've been ravaged by injuries and a certain KING has benefited from weakened opponents for years. That's what I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

LeBron hasn't benefited from **** but natural talent. Injuries happen every season.

Nobody is asking you to write a get well card, but be classy about it.

be classy about it? how? i dont wish injuries on anyone, but if it happens it happens.

You're putting words in my mouth.
Real GM Bulls Board: Step 2 - Anger
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#278 » by Susan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 am

Concept Coop wrote:

I put my Bulls fan card ahead of my empathy I guess? I realize it sucks for Cleveland and their fans but ultimately, I want to see this team hoist another banner. I realize it sucks for the Cavs and their fans but the world didn't stop for us when Asik went down, it didn't stop for us when Derrick went down and nobody is throwing us a pity party now that Joakim's clearly hobbled.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#279 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:58 am

pb-ceo wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:The bigger story is the impact this has on Love re-signing with Cavs.

With Rondo likely headed to the Lakers, Love is very likely leaving the Cavs.

If Love misses playoff action and Cavs are bounced out in the second round, then Cavs have to rethink their team makeup.

If Love is out for the playoffs and Cavs go deep in the ECF, then Love's value to the Cavs is questionable.

Either way, the bigger story is Love's re-signing.

so your theory is love leaves lebron and kyrie to play with Rondo? :D

Yes.

He also leaves Cleveland to play for a franchise his dad played for. And for a place he grew up in - California.

He joins a team of Rondo + Kobe ( 1 more season) + Picks + Julius Randle.

He leaves the shadow of LeBron and starts casting his own shadow as the main man.
For love, not money.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#280 » by GetBuLLish » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:01 am

I'm not sure how a shot can get any more vicious than what JR Smith did. To recap: Smith did a full speed spinning backfist, cracked an unexpecting Crowder straight in the jaw, made him go unconscious momentarily, and almost caused him to blow out his knee. To top it off, Smith showed absolutely no remorse after the play and has a history of violent acts.

Yet some people are talking about a 1 game suspension? That's absurd.

Return to Chicago Bulls