Image ImageImage Image

Is Aaron Brooks done for the year?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: 

Post#21 » by kyrv » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 am

Red Larrivee wrote:No, he's not.

Seriously.

Anything else we can help with?
Droseisthe1
Analyst
And1: 1,780

Re: Is Aaron Brooks done for the year? 

Post#22 » by Droseisthe1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:58 am

Brooks is not done by any means. This is simply a by product of the Bucks super length at every position that makes it hard for Aaron to play extended minutes cause he's such a mismatch defensively.

Next series, he could very well be the biggest key to having our offense click. He can take advantage of Dellavadova big time, and that's gonna be huge for us.
Kris Bryant will go down as the greatest Chicago athlete after MJ

edit 7/30/21: okay maybe not, but it was a fun ride nonetheless
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#23 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:39 am

TimRobbins wrote:He's not done. He'll get his usual 10-15 mpg. We need his instant offense.

He hasn't scored well outside of what one game. He is a massive liability. The offense is so poor when Rose is out.
unknownnewbie
General Manager
And1: 1,294

Post#24 » by unknownnewbie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:22 am

No. The Bucks are a bad matchup for him because their guards are so big. I could see AB losing playing time to Kirk depending on the situation, especially if Brooks continues to struggle. But he is still important because of his ability to put up points coming off the bench.
Droseisthe1
Analyst

Post#25 » by Droseisthe1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:He's not done. He'll get his usual 10-15 mpg. We need his instant offense.

He hasn't scored well outside of what one game. He is a massive liability. The offense is so poor when Rose is out.

....against the Bucks. MCW is like 6'9'', Brooks can't do much against that. But against Cleveland, his matchups are Kyrie (who doesn't play D) and Matthew freakin' Dellavadova. Brooks is gonna be vital in that series.

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#26 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 am

Droseisthe1 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

....against the Bucks. MCW is like 6'9'', Brooks can't do much against that. But against Cleveland, his matchups are Kyrie (who doesn't play D) and Matthew freakin' Dellavadova. Brooks is gonna be vital in that series.

He hasn't been playing against MCW for the most part. Bayless is eating his lunch. I expect his defense to be poor, but he is giving nothing right now.
riprose
Pro Prospect
And1: 248

Post#27 » by riprose » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 am

don't expect too much on vet min guys. For the money wise, he did more than enough. No, he is not done yet.
tedwilliams1999
Veteran
And1: 1,787

Post#28 » by tedwilliams1999 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:35 am

In the latest game, I thought he struggled and took some bad jumpers. In game 3, however, the shots he took were shots he normally makes. He's yet another weapon for us. He's not done for the year, and I still think there's a good chance he ends up being a difference maker in a game in the second round.
Droseisthe1
Analyst

Post#29 » by Droseisthe1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:42 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Droseisthe1 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

He hasn't been playing against MCW for the most part. Bayless is eating his lunch. I expect his defense to be poor, but he is giving nothing right now.

That's exactly my point. Thibs superficially won't play him if at any point MCW is on the court. This in turn doesn't let Aaron really play into a rhythm so he's kind of stuck with limited minutes in this series

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#30 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Yeah, it's a match-up thing coupled with poor play. Unless he continues to hurt the team in his minutes, he'll have his usual role going forward this post-season I'd imagine.

With a guy like him it's very much a game to game thing. Ride him when he's working, and we have alternatives when he's not.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#31 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 pm

We're going to need his offense tonight...
This is not a moment, it's a movement
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,605

Post#32 » by jacoby1us » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Aaron Brooks is god awful, if he did not shoot the three at an average level he would be in a suit and tie. I think Etwaun Moore should get his minutes honestly.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#33 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm

tedwilliams1999 wrote:In the latest game, I thought he struggled and took some bad jumpers. In game 3, however, the shots he took were shots he normally makes. He's yet another weapon for us. He's not done for the year, and I still think there's a good chance he ends up being a difference maker in a game in the second round.

That's the underrated part of JR and Love missing games. Aaron can play a little more against Cleveland and the Bulls obviously can always use his shooting.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,523

Post#34 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm

I don't get the logic that Brooks can't perform on offense against a long PG. The bigger the height difference, the more that Brooks should have the advantage on agility and quicks.

On defense, well yeah. He does get owned by size on defense.
JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#35 » by JerrySloan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

....against the Bucks. MCW is like 6'9'', Brooks can't do much against that. But against Cleveland, his matchups are Kyrie (who doesn't play D) and Matthew freakin' Dellavadova. Brooks is gonna be vital in that series.....

Yeah, MCW is "like 6'9", if you mean 6'6" is "like "6'9".

IF the 6'6" J.R. gets suspended for a game or two, then I would expect AB to get more minutes.
JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#36 » by JerrySloan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 pm

don't get the logic that Brooks can't perform on offense against a long PG. The bigger the height difference, the more that Brooks should have the advantage on agility and quicks.

Your expectation would generally be correct. The problem is that most of the Bucks who are bigger than AB,from MCW and Middleton to Bayless and Mayo and even big men Henson, Giannis are not JUST bigger, they're all pretty athletic and quicker than most. The Cavs bigs like Love, Mozgov, Perkins and Thompson are not quick at all.

If LBJ and Kyrie are playing 40+ minutes and J.R. and Shumpert are playing almost all of the other backcourt PT, they constitute a similar problem for Brooks.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,031

Post#37 » by FriedRise » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:59 pm

He's just having a bad series vs the Bucks. I don't think it's a matchup issue since he's only had to guard Bayless who's not as tall as MCW, but rather the Bucks physical style of play and aggressiveness that's been getting to him. It's gotta be frustrating when you come in, get hacked, turn the ball over, then pick up quick fouls while you're not getting the calls you want on the other end of the floor. Part of it could just be the nature of playoff basketball and Brooks hasn't been able to keep his cool.

I think he'll perform better vs the Cavs and Dellavedova.

Return to Chicago Bulls