Image ImageImage Image

Moving Forward: Derrick Rose Thread - Merging

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Moving Forward: Derrick Rose Thread - Merging 

Post#121 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:03 pm

I think it starts with the draft in a few weeks and if they go PG.....

That sends a message that they want to develop a replacement vs trying to pluck help from the scrap heap. And we're suppoosedly loosing the PG 'whisperer' coach.

I wonder if his expiring deal in 2016/17 will be attractive to other teams? Esp with what we keep hearing about new TV deals and salary caps.

I really don't see the Bulls offering him another deal at any salary knowing his health history.
But he's still an asset and a draw, so there will suitors out there for him.

I just hope he's healthy enough to play a full season next year, I think we have 2 more seasons with him. After that he's probably headed to LA to finish his career. Will that be a straight FA signing or will GarPax deal him around the deadline in 2017 and get any assets for him?
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#122 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:08 pm

PMONSTER wrote:
dice wrote:
Tenchi Ryu wrote:Derrick got a new fan

[tweet]https://twitter.com/theDYNAMICS/status/600415898525138944[/tweet]

even beyonce can't salvage that as a swimsuit

and shouldn't she be repping deron williams?

You not feeling the swimsuit dice? Look good to me.

Looks DAMN good.

but neither of them rock Bulls/MJ garb as well as Mariah did...

WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#123 » by WinCity » Fri May 22, 2015 5:46 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I think it starts with the draft in a few weeks and if they go PG.....

That sends a message that they want to develop a replacement vs trying to pluck help from the scrap heap. And we're suppoosedly loosing the PG 'whisperer' coach.

I wonder if his expiring deal in 2016/17 will be attractive to other teams? Esp with what we keep hearing about new TV deals and salary caps.

I really don't see the Bulls offering him another deal at any salary knowing his health history.
But he's still an asset and a draw, so there will suitors out there for him.

I just hope he's healthy enough to play a full season next year, I think we have 2 more seasons with him. After that he's probably headed to LA to finish his career. Will that be a straight FA signing or will GarPax deal him around the deadline in 2017 and get any assets for him?

If he is still an asset / draw as you say, you can bet they will offer him another deal. First and foremost the Bulls are run like a business. Despite his drop in efficiency Rose still generates buzz with the casual fan and those are the real customers, not folks like us who post on forums. Besides, with a full season under his belt and a playoffs where he showed some moments of being his old zippy, bouncy self he may come back next year playing at a superstar, if not MVP level. In which case you can bet the FO will do whatever they need to in order to sign him.

Return to Chicago Bulls