Image ImageImage Image

Hoiberg Thread: RUMOR PG. 7, 11 Deal in Place?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Hoiberg Thread: RUMOR PG. 7, 11 Deal in Place? 

Post#681 » by Mattchoo » Sun May 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Any of the insiders hearing info the past day or so?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Re: Hoiberg Thread: RUMOR PG. 7, 11 Deal in Place? 

Post#682 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Mattchoo wrote:Any of the insiders hearing info the past day or so?

Yes, I've heard a lot of info in the past day or so. Gar bought Fred hoibergs house. Hoiberg is going to accept the Bulls coaching gig as soon as they get rid of thibs.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#683 » by Red Larrivee » Sun May 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Yes, I've heard a lot of info in the past day or so. Gar bought Fred hoibergs house. Hoiberg is going to accept the Bulls coaching gig as soon as they get rid of thibs.

Heh. Seems like there's nothing really to discuss until Thibodeau gets fired/traded. Hoiberg's not going to comment on a position that someone else is currently under contract for. Maybe there's a wink-wink deal in back channels.

This is a staring contest.

The Bulls are probably telling teams:

-Hey, if you want Thibodeau as your coach so badly give us compensation. We want a first round pick.

Other teams are probably telling the Bulls:

-No way. We know you're going to fire him regardless. We can just name an interim coach and hire him the next year. Hell, maybe we'll even hire a big name coach out of left field.
patagonia
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,032

Post#684 » by patagonia » Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Holiday weekend. Unlikely to get anything new until at least Tuesday.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#685 » by Stratmaster » Sun May 24, 2015 2:58 pm

I haven't seen much talk on here about the Hoiberg/Mcdermott connection. If Hoiberg comes, I think we will have an answer on whether McD is going to pan out by the end of next season.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,998

Post#686 » by Chi town » Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Stratmaster wrote:I haven't seen much talk on here about the Hoiberg/Mcdermott connection. If Hoiberg comes, I think we will have an answer on whether McD is going to pan out by the end of next season.

Absolutely.

I wonder what Doug would have done in GSW this season. I know he would have gotten mins because Holiday and Barbosa did. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't put up some scary numbers.

My issue w Hoibergs system moving fwd is Rose. He's no Curry. I know Curry is a scoring PG too but he is much more of a playmaker. This Is why I'd really like a playmaking pure pg to backup Rose. I think Niko, Doug, and Noah would flourish in this system.
Salrock2
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#687 » by Salrock2 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm

This is typical Reinsdorf management style.
He will leave it to the people he's hired to handle. If it becomes problematic or unsolvable at that level, he will come in and do something which is usually pretty smart.
Don't think we're there yet.
The Bulls will not be paying the Lux Tax this year. The rest is speculation.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#688 » by Stratmaster » Sun May 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Chi town wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:I haven't seen much talk on here about the Hoiberg/Mcdermott connection. If Hoiberg comes, I think we will have an answer on whether McD is going to pan out by the end of next season.

Absolutely.

I wonder what Doug would have done in GSW this season. I know he would have gotten mins because Holiday and Barbosa did. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't put up some scary numbers.

My issue w Hoibergs system moving fwd is Rose. He's no Curry. I know Curry is a scoring PG too but he is much more of a playmaker. This Is why I'd really like a playmaking pure pg to backup Rose. I think Niko, Doug, and Noah would flourish in this system.

I honestly have no idea what type of player McD will be. He looked bad in limited time playing on a bum knee. That doesn't mean he will suddenly be great. I also don't believe it means he is a bust.

I was a big proponent of McD. I was also one who said alter in the season that the Bulls were trying to contend for a title and I understood why Thibs wasn't playing him.

As I look back, I was wrong. One way or another Thibs should have gotten Doug some consistent minutes so we wouldn't be in the place we are now, which is not knowing if we have a reasonably effective player who might be able to plug a hole for us or if we have a bust who's college game will never translate to the NBA. I don;t think that question would have necessarily been answered with certainty, but everyone would certainly have a much better feel for it.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,998

Post#689 » by Chi town » Sun May 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Absolutely.

I honestly have no idea what type of player McD will be. He looked bad in limited time playing on a bum knee. That doesn't mean he will suddenly be great. I also don't believe it means he is a bust.

I was a big proponent of McD. I was also one who said alter in the season that the Bulls were trying to contend for a title and I understood why Thibs wasn't playing him.

As I look back, I was wrong. One way or another Thibs should have gotten Doug some consistent minutes so we wouldn't be in the place we are now, which is not knowing if we have a reasonably effective player who might be able to plug a hole for us or if we have a bust who's college game will never translate to the NBA. I don;t think that question would have necessarily been answered with certainty, but everyone would certainly have a much better feel for it.

Post surgery Doug looked solid in limited mins.

My two biggest Doug ?s were getting to the rim and D. He answered both of those questions better than I expected albeit in very limited mins. Most of the time he was on the floor Thibs had him sitting in the corner as a decoy... Not how to use him.

Dougie against the Pacers is how he should be used consistently.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#690 » by RememberLu » Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm

he can get to the rim but can he finish at the rim? He didn't look like it was very easy for him tbh, he lays it up soft. We got enough of those kinds of players. We seen enough of that soft stuff around the rim to know it doesnt work.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#691 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Chi town wrote:

Absolutely.

Well he wasn't when he was drafted. It took him awhile to become a better PG. In the NBA he was to small to play SG so he moved to PG. Its only in the last 2 years that he is more of a playmaker.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#692 » by keloms » Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm

It's sink or swim time for him. Good chance Dunleavy isn't being re-signed and McDermott is being moved to the starting line-up
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#693 » by kingkirk » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 pm

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... /27849419/

Not much in there, but the two clearly have an established bond already. When you think about Hoiberg's offense, someone of McDermott's skill set makes complete sense within it, as does Nikos.

It will be on Doug to get to the point where he can contribute, but it's also on the coach to put him in the best position to succeed. I think these 2 could make it work, but only time will tell.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Post#694 » by Axl Rose » Sun May 24, 2015 11:42 pm

"i trust the Bulls to make the right hire" lol kinda slipped there

but of course Doug wants Hoiberg...perfect coach for him
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
RitchieD
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#695 » by RitchieD » Mon May 25, 2015 12:12 am

Yeah you think the Bulls front office might have told the players what's going to happen. Lol I sure think they did.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#696 » by TyrusRose2425 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 am

nah
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Post#697 » by Axl Rose » Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 am

RitchieD wrote:Yeah you think the Bulls front office might have told the players what's going to happen. Lol I sure think they did.

i don't know i think he was going of rumors

but just thought it was funny he said i trust them to make the right hire as if thibs is already gone
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Post#698 » by kodo » Mon May 25, 2015 12:39 am

RememberLu wrote:he can get to the rim but can he finish at the rim? He didn't look like it was very easy for him tbh, he lays it up soft. We got enough of those kinds of players. We seen enough of that soft stuff around the rim to know it doesnt work.

His FG% at the rim is the same as Derrick Rose.

Rose 0-3': 55.8%
McDermott 0-3': 55.8%

Probably says how bad Rose has been more than how good McDermott is.
RitchieD
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#699 » by RitchieD » Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 am

AirGordon7 wrote:
RitchieD wrote:Yeah you think the Bulls front office might have told the players what's going to happen. Lol I sure think they did.

i don't know i think he was going of rumors

but just thought it was funny he said i trust them to make the right hire as if thibs is already gone

Maybe but who know what they were told in there exit interviews?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#700 » by sco » Mon May 25, 2015 1:20 am

I worry about shift from offense from defense, like the beloved Bears tried and failed with in recent years.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls