Image ImageImage Image

Knicks making #4 pick "very available"

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Re: Knicks making #4 pick "very available" 

Post#181 » by KnicksManiac » Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
KnicksManiac wrote:Very surprised some of you are willing to give up so much for the 4th pick.

Rose, Gasol, #22 for #4, Calderon?

Lol.

samwana wrote:
Dominater wrote:I've been around 10 years and reading the good ol Bulls board unrealistic, "our garbage for someone else's top players and/or picks" ideas never get old!

A good idea that won't happen though would be Rose for #4(plus whatever expiring fillers necessary) straight up if Phil really is still in a win-now with Melo mode. Gives them a 2nd "star" while ridding us of all Roses drama and giving us a potential stud to add to new Butler/niko core while also freeing up some big capspace for next summer

Yep! I'd do that in a heartbeat!

The Bulls probably won't

:)
ingvald
Veteran
And1: 1,861

Post#182 » by ingvald » Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:Very surprised some of you are willing to give up so much for the 4th pick.

Offseason stupidity knows no bounds.
Honesty is my only excuse.
BullsFan88- the Sig Mamba
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#183 » by Red Larrivee » Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Lol.

samwana wrote:
Dominater wrote:I've been around 10 years and reading the good ol Bulls board unrealistic, "our garbage for someone else's top players and/or picks" ideas never get old!

A good idea that won't happen though would be Rose for #4(plus whatever expiring fillers necessary) straight up if Phil really is still in a win-now with Melo mode. Gives them a 2nd "star" while ridding us of all Roses drama and giving us a potential stud to add to new Butler/niko core while also freeing up some big capspace for next summer

Yep! I'd do that in a heartbeat!

The Bulls probably won't

:)

That's nice. I'll stay over here in reality.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#184 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 3:55 pm

wouldn't bulls have to take back more salary? if not, i'd consider that trade. let's face it - derrick is on a bad contract at this point
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#185 » by MrSparkle » Fri May 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Why'd Phil resign Melo?

Easy -- because good GMs don't let all-stars walk.

What's better: Melo and the #4 pick, or the #4 pick and cap-space? Funny how fans take salary into so much consideration. They still have cap-room for another guy, so all in all, keeping Melo was by and far the best thing Phil could do unless a crazy S&T offer came thru.
MikeYi30430
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#186 » by MikeYi30430 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:13 pm

dice wrote:

wouldn't bulls have to take back more salary? if not, i'd consider that trade. let's face it - derrick is on a bad contract at this point

The Knicks say no instantly and hang up. Come on let's be serious.
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#187 » by KnicksManiac » Fri May 22, 2015 4:27 pm

dice wrote:

No, Knicks have at least $27 million in cap space so we could absorb Rose's $20 million contract and we'd still have room to sign another player.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#188 » by PMONSTER » Fri May 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I love how people were trashing Rose all season then want to trade him for the #4 pick. That's awesome.

Then people think we could trade Pau's old (NBA years) self for the #4 pick, a team that's clearly rebuilding, equally awesome.

Like Duck said earlier, if you want the #4 pick it starts with Butler and/or Niko. But like Mark K said, I'd rather take the all-star known rather than the rookie unknown. So like Red Larrivee said, I'll stay here in reality. So if we want the #4 pick, let's start wondering if the Knicks want Niko first.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
dice
RealGM

Post#189 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 4:42 pm

MikeYi30430 wrote:
dice wrote:

The Knicks say no instantly and hang up. Come on let's be serious.

they absolutely do not. how valuable do you think the #4 is?!
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#190 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

PMONSTER wrote:I love how people were trashing Rose all season then want to trade him for the #4 pick. That's awesome.

not liking rose's play and not thinking that some GM might not value his potential are two entirely different things

Then people think we could trade Pau's old (NBA years) self for the #4 pick, a team that's clearly rebuilding, equally awesome.

phil jackson ain't getting any younger. he wants to win now if at all possible

PMONSTER wrote:if we want the #4 pick, let's start wondering if the Knicks want Niko first.

i'd do that in a second as well
dice
RealGM

Post#191 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 4:46 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:
dice wrote:

No, Knicks have at least $27 million in cap space so we could absorb Rose's $20 million contract and we'd still have room to sign another player.

are you accounting for cap holds? 'cause you have to set aside cap money for empty roster spots
MikeYi30430
Freshman

Post#192 » by MikeYi30430 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm

dice wrote:
PMONSTER wrote:I love how people were trashing Rose all season then want to trade him for the #4 pick. That's awesome.

not liking rose's play and not thinking that some GM might not value his potential are two entirely different things

PMONSTER wrote:if we want the #4 pick, let's start wondering if the Knicks want Niko first.

Are you kidding me? Pau Gasol is on the edge of retirement and Rose is the most injured star in the NBA. This draft is deep as hell. Mudiay could be #1 in another year. Hell he could've been #1 this year if he went to college. Hell Kritaps Prozingis could be a top 3 pick most years. This isn't 2013. The 2015 draft is very deep and has valuable players throughout the lottery. They aren't trading the pick for scraps they don't have a reason to.
dice
RealGM

Post#193 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 4:51 pm

MikeYi30430 wrote:
dice wrote:

Are you kidding me? Pau Gasol is on the edge of retirement and Rose is the most injured star in the NBA. This draft is deep as hell. Mudiay could be #1 in another year. Hell he could've been #1 this year if he went to college. Hell Kritaps Prozingis could be a top 3 pick most years. This isn't 2013. The 2015 draft is very deep and has valuable players throughout the lottery. They aren't trading the pick for scraps they don't have a reason to.

said the same thing last year and we know how that's looking now
MikeYi30430
Freshman

Post#194 » by MikeYi30430 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:54 pm

dice wrote:
MikeYi30430 wrote:
dice wrote:not liking rose's play and not thinking that some GM might not value his potential are two entirely different things

It's not remotely the same thing. Having 5 guys who are all worth a top 3 pick in a draft doesn't happen every draft and didn't happen last year.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#195 » by frothbrain » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

MikeYi30430 wrote:
dice wrote:
MikeYi30430 wrote:

It's not remotely the same thing. Having 5 guys who are all worth a top 3 pick in a draft doesn't happen every draft and didn't happen last year.

do you really thnk d'angelo russell or emanuel mudiay will be an upgrade over rose or butler? because the bigs are going top 2.
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#196 » by Land Rover » Fri May 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Can I trade ThibiGarPax for the #4?
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#197 » by sogood » Fri May 22, 2015 5:18 pm

The 4th pick ain't coming unless Butler or Niko is going.
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#198 » by KnicksManiac » Fri May 22, 2015 5:19 pm

sogood wrote:The 4th pick ain't coming unless Butler or Niko is going.

I'd trade you the 4th pick + Calderon for Rose, Gasol, and #22.

:nod:
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#199 » by PMONSTER » Fri May 22, 2015 5:23 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:
sogood wrote:The 4th pick ain't coming unless Butler or Niko is going.

I'd trade you the 4th pick + Calderon for Rose, Gasol, and #22.

:nod:

You might be the only Knick fan thinking that.

I think Rose is going to be a all-star next year with a chance to get on the All-NBA 1st team next year, but I still understand why some are hesitant to say what I just said.

Rose has more value to us than any other team in the NBA at the moment.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
dice
RealGM

Post#200 » by dice » Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 pm

frothbrain wrote:
MikeYi30430 wrote:
dice wrote:said the same thing last year and we know how that's looking now

do you really thnk d'angelo russell or emanuel mudiay will be an upgrade over rose or butler? because the bigs are going top 2.

either would be much cheaper than rose. that much i know

Return to Chicago Bulls