Image ImageImage Image

Why don't the Bulls go all the way and REALLY clean house?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#1 » by JerrySloan » Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Okay, I lied but after watching the last 3 G.S. wins over Houston, I cannot help but comment.

Although the Bulls last 3 losses to the Cavs finally convinced me that Thibs needs to go if only because I do not believe he will ever change his philosophy on who gets to play, I also believe that the GarPax duo needs to go as well.

For all the credit they get for finding JB at 30 and Gibson at 26 - although I would label that as a GOOD, not GREAT find - they have recently fallen down big time. And I am NOT even talking about McDermott. And, unfortunately, I do fully understand Reinsdorf's support of FO over Managers/Head Coaches

In the 2012 and 2013 drafts, with the Bulls PF/C "depth" situations both years consisting only Nazr behind Noah, Boozer and Gibson AND with pre breakout Butler being labeled a SG despite being generally considered as the SF-in-waiting behind veteran Deng, the GarPax "braintrust' ignored the following players while drafting Teague and Snell.

2012 Draft 2013 Draft

29 Teague 20 Snell
30 Ezeli 21 Dieng
35 Draymond Green 20 Mason Plumlee
39 Khris Middleton 24 Tim Hardaway Jr
27 Rudy Gobert

Having any two of the Green/Middleton or DIeng/Gobert pairs on the Bulls roster - and to a lesser degree, Ezeli, Plumlee, Hardaway Jr - would vastly improve the current depth and quality of young players.

The above represent MAJOR recent flubs by GarPax for which they should be held as accountable as Thibs is for his shortcomings.
RitchieD
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: Why don't the Bulls go all the way and REALLY clean house? 

Post#2 » by RitchieD » Sun May 24, 2015 8:32 pm

If those players were drafted by the Bulls they would have hardly got off the bench because Tibs would have kept playing Kirk,Noah big minutes. He doesn't trust young players so they wouldn't have been given the opportunity they were given on there current teams.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#3 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Given that other teams passed on these players as well they in fact do not represent any flubs, let alone major ones. There are definitely things that this FO needs to be held accountable for, those players not being drafted are not among them. Another fine thread indeed.
patagonia
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,032

Post#4 » by patagonia » Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Yes, let's fire the FO for not hitting home runs with the 29th and 20th picks in weak drafts. Wonderful idea.
teleblaze
Banned User
And1: 360

Post#5 » by teleblaze » Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

accountable? lol, bulls know how to pick, I wanna see how you guys would react to the Cavs draft picks.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#6 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Hard to strike gold with lower picks. Bulls struck gold or silver with Butler, Taj and Mirotic. And Bulls are lucky for that. Some teams constantly draft duds every years at even higher picks than Bulls.

Every team knew Draymond Green was good, he was actually ranked high in some mock drafts but he was a tweener so he fell off badly in the draft.

Gobert and Middleton were misses but nobody thought they were going to be as good as they are anyways.

Anyways if Bulls did draft all those guys they would likely be rotting on the bench behind Hinrich, Boozer and Nazr
ryan44
Analyst
And1: 985

Post#7 » by ryan44 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:36 pm

We've reached the point of rhetorical questions I see.

Bulls have regularly made the playoffs under GarPax, and JR has regularly made a bunch of profit at the conclusion of the season. End of discussion.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#8 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Sun May 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Good lord is this thread awful. Every single one of OP's points have been discussed in numerous other threads.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#9 » by kingkirk » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Good lord is this thread awful. Every single one of OP's points have been discussed in numerous other threads.

Which is why i will lock this.

Return to Chicago Bulls