Image ImageImage Image

Royce White former 16th pick, Bulls in the hunt

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Royce White former 16th pick, Bulls in the hunt 

Post#241 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 2:32 pm

Please tell me this isn't some grand plan that GarPax have been hatching....

These guys were not watching us get taken out by CLE and thinking, OK here's how we fix this....

Lets get rid of this tyrant coach ( a guy that works with Coach K on the Team USA) and bring in a rookie coach from Iowa State. He can recruit that NBA D leaguer with the anxiety problems here.

Yeah, that is the guy we need that will have the mental toughness and fortitude to topple the mighty LeBron :crazy:

Now were suddenly interested in draft picks with sketchy issues?

Hey, Jereme Richmond is out of the clink and he's still only 23 and hanging out up in Northfield still thinking NBA someday...
23forever
Sixth Man
And1: 41

Post#242 » by 23forever » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:48 pm

Everyone who has said that Royce makes sense because of Hoiberg's proven track record with him and touched on the fact that he could prove to be Diaw-esque for us and is a super low risk, super high reward type of player at the vet min, I co-sign everything you said. Diaw was a bit of a risk for the Spurs but...my favorite example, is the fact that our very own Bulls were able to require Dennis Rodman for Will friggin Perdue. We literally traded a career backup C with no upside for one of the greatest defensive players and rebounders of all time and without that trade, there is no second 3peat. Have to take risks to separate ourselves from the pack, Royce at the vet min? With a coach that gets him? Seriously a no-brainer.
Rapper's Rapper ( MCBravado.com ) , Native New Yorker, Avid Bulls fan, Molder of the youth ... Tweet, tweet: @MCBravado
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#243 » by RememberLu » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:51 pm

23forever wrote:Everyone who has said that Royce makes sense because of Hoiberg's proven track record with him and touched on the fact that he could prove to be Diaw-esque for us and is a super low risk, super high reward type of player at the vet min, I co-sign everything you said. Diaw was a bit of a risk for the Spurs but...my favorite example, is the fact that our very own Bulls were able to require Dennis Rodman for Will friggin Perdue. We literally traded a career backup C with no upside for one of the greatest defensive players and rebounders of all time and without that trade, there is no second 3peat. Have to take risks to separate ourselves from the pack, Royce at the vet min? With a coach that gets him? Seriously a no-brainer.

but thats a terrible analogy, Rodman was already a great player and a proven commodity

Royce white is a borderline bust, already flopped with one team
23forever
Sixth Man

Post#244 » by 23forever » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:55 pm

RememberLu wrote:
23forever wrote:Everyone who has said that Royce makes sense because of Hoiberg's proven track record with him and touched on the fact that he could prove to be Diaw-esque for us and is a super low risk, super high reward type of player at the vet min, I co-sign everything you said. Diaw was a bit of a risk for the Spurs but...my favorite example, is the fact that our very own Bulls were able to require Dennis Rodman for Will friggin Perdue. We literally traded a career backup C with no upside for one of the greatest defensive players and rebounders of all time and without that trade, there is no second 3peat. Have to take risks to separate ourselves from the pack, Royce at the vet min? With a coach that gets him? Seriously a no-brainer.

but thats a terrible analogy, Rodman was already a great player and a proven commodity

As of now, Royce is a bust. My intent wasn't to analogize the relationship between the players' skill-sets, but the relationship between risk/reward. Our FO/coaching staff in recent years has had a minimalist's approach with regards to risk. And if that doesn't change, we will never win a championship and will remain perpetual "contenders."
Rapper's Rapper ( MCBravado.com ) , Native New Yorker, Avid Bulls fan, Molder of the youth ... Tweet, tweet: @MCBravado
23forever
Sixth Man

Post#245 » by 23forever » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:56 pm

And no one wanted to touch Rodman at the time, regardless of how proven he was; hence the fact that the Spurs traded him for Will Purdue despite the fact that they had him paired with a prime David Robinson.
ForumMerc
Senior
And1: 83

Post#246 » by ForumMerc » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:57 pm

Whiteside was considered a bust too before Miami
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#247 » by Guru » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:10 am

The people on here who don't understand mental health disorders but seem to think they are licensed practitioners need to be banned.

As far a Royce White goes, even if he just played home games and game v Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Indiana and Cleveland that's like 50 games+. That's not bad for a minimum role player. We have 15 roster spots. He has to contribute more than the 15th guy.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#248 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:46 am

Some people here also dont know what a bust is
Chitown Mammoth
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#249 » by Chitown Mammoth » Thu Jun 4, 2015 5:12 am

23forever wrote:
RememberLu wrote:

As of now, Royce is a bust. My intent wasn't to analogize the relationship between the players' skill-sets, but the relationship between risk/reward. Our FO/coaching staff in recent years has had a minimalist's approach with regards to risk. And if that doesn't change, we will never win a championship and will remain perpetual "contenders."

You're wasting your time bro. At the end of the day most people would rather play it safe (play not to lose) and be a continual treadmill team, rather than take a chance (play to win) and achieve greatness. I can understand that logic in some situations but this is definitely not one of those instances. Firstly, we're talking about a minimum salary spot here, one that's not even guaranteed. As bulls fans we've become so uppity about what types of players we will and will not take here, as if we have a right to be choosy with multiple positions of need to fill (starting wing, backup point guard, and a backup center), and yet we still complain about a lack of athleticism. You're either drinking the blue collar, hard work, and maximum effort culture Kool-Aid the front office is selling you or you're not. You can't have it both ways though. Secondly, his connection with Hoiberg does matter, no matter how much some posters here have tried to trivialize it.

My biggest worry with Royce isn't his character concerns at this moment, it's with how little basketball he's played since being drafted and whether that's had a significant effect on his handle or not (being a point forward is what makes him special). If he's been putting in work off the court (which I admit seems unlikely) then I see no reason why he can't succeed in the league.
perfectson
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#250 » by perfectson » Thu Jun 4, 2015 5:49 am

how does he get a chance if he didn't even do well in the D-league is my only question. IF' it's a mental issue, shouldn't that be worked out first in the D-League. How is he being rewarded with another potential chance in NBA?

So, maybe have him on the summer league team even though again, I don't see how he "deserves" that based on what he wasn't able to accomplish in the d-league.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#251 » by LordBaldric » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:06 am

If it were just a mental issue that would be one thing. But the guy has proved over the years that he's just a bad person, a scumball if you will, and he uses his mental issues to excuse his immoral actions. AND he's not even a good player!

If Hoiberg brings this clown to the team that just tells me something (and not good) about Hoiberg.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#252 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:11 am

LordBaldric wrote:If it were just a mental issue that would be one thing. But the guy has proved over the years that he's just a bad person, a scumball if you will, and he uses his mental issues to excuse his immoral actions. AND he's not even a good player!

If Hoiberg brings this clown to the team that just tells me something (and not good) about Hoiberg.

What scum ball things has he done?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Chitown Mammoth
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#253 » by Chitown Mammoth » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:17 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:If it were just a mental issue that would be one thing. But the guy has proved over the years that he's just a bad person, a scumball if you will, and he uses his mental issues to excuse his immoral actions. AND he's not even a good player!

Lol, I know people keep using adjectives such as this to describe him w/o citing any examples. For all I know he's the biggest turd in the world but if that were the case I'd expect to hear at least once anecdote supporting accusations such as these by now.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#254 » by ChosunX » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:21 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:

Making baby mommas than ignoring his kids, and not because the condom broke or the birh control did not work.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#255 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:22 am

Hoiberg becoming the Bulls coach probably makes Royce a lock. Nothing to lose by giving him a shot.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#256 » by LordBaldric » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:26 am

Chitown Mammoth wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:

Lol, I know people keep using adjectives such as this to describe him w/o citing any examples. For all I know he's the biggest turd in the world but if that were the case I'd expect to hear at least once anecdote supporting accusations such as these by now.

Jesus, why do you think he was suspended by the UMN and had to transfer to Iowa State?

Then didn't you notice the number he did on the Rockets after McHale fought for him? Who do you think vouched for him to McHale? Perhaps, Fred Hoiberg, Kevin McHale's assistant GM in Minnesota?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#257 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:27 am

ChosunX wrote:Making baby mommas than ignoring his kids, and not because the condom broke or the birh control did not work.

Ah okay. Thanks.

Side note/Spurs related question: Since Leonard will be resigned for the max this off season, what are the chances a guy like Danny Green isn't brought back on the team next season? Could a sign and trade be done?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
ForumMerc
Senior
And1: 83

Post#258 » by ForumMerc » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:31 am

So if the Spurs signed him they get praised , if we do we're idiots . That's what I really see in all of this complaining
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#259 » by Axl Rose » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:48 am

ForumMerc wrote:Whiteside was considered a bust too before Miami

whats your point? Whiteside didn't have any baggage like Royce does

ppl would be more than willing to sign him if he didn't come with all that

but hes does and it seems like hes more trouble than hes worth
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#260 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jun 4, 2015 7:08 am

Guru wrote:The people on here who don't understand mental health disorders but seem to think they are licensed practitioners need to be banned.

There was a time this site was being him 100% hoping for him to succeed. He showed that his anxiety wasn't his only issue. He used it as a crutch to make excuses. The Rockets went above and beyond what was reasonable to accommodate him. He just continued to make Twitter rants bashing the organization and trying to make himself a martyr. He's lost any sympathy most had for him.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.

Return to Chicago Bulls