Image ImageImage Image

Royce White former 16th pick, Bulls in the hunt

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Royce White former 16th pick, Bulls in the hunt 

Post#141 » by No-Man » Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 pm

buying in guys like him and Kendall Marshall is exactly what the Bulls should be doing.
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#142 » by holv03 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Low risk high reward. I'll give him a chance you never know what he could end up doing.
Chitown Mammoth
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#143 » by Chitown Mammoth » Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 pm

It wasn't too long ago that those on this board were scoffing at the idea of getting Josh Smith. Now we're getting similar reactions from White. I'm not saying we should go after every low character high ceiling type of player but if there's any value to guys such as these it's clearly in organizations that have established a culture similar to what we've built. Add to that the Hoiberg connection and there's no reason why we can't take a chance spending the minimum on him.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#144 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 pm

A rehabbed White could probably be a Draymond Green type of player. I doubt he has Green's competitiveness though.
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Royce White former 16th pick, Bulls in the hunt 

Post#145 » by RebuildaBulls » Thu May 28, 2015 9:03 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:A rehabbed White could probably be a Draymond Green type of player. I doubt he has Green's competitiveness though.

His play looks more like Boris Diaw. He uses his huge body to create space and also loves to pass. Iffy three point shot and defense though
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#146 » by JohnnyTapwater » Thu May 28, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm okay with this.
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#147 » by jcuuofd » Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 am

I am not a Royce White fan, but if the Bulls want to add more athleticism they need to start giving consideration to players with character issues.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#148 » by TOMSPY77 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 am

Minalt wrote:Back to the basket? Insanely fast and strong for his size? Sign me up.

Problem is I have the same anxiety disorder. I cannot imagine him being able to fly and play well. Unless he found a way to overcome it. Or plans on driving to all of his games.

This.

I think he is kind of a douche despite his ILLNESS...and I put that in caps for all you people poking fun at panic attacks/disorder cause I suffer from it too have ever since I was little. It can be hell socially and if your a guy, a real hard thing to live with when other guys try and call you out because they think you are weak or something for having something you did not choose and cannot control (to an extent).

Sorry if that seems slightly off topic and 'ranty,' but it is bad and uneducated attitudes like that that make this crap harder to live with daily.

I fly, but it is a very nerve racking exp for me, along with various other situations.

As said he seems to be a douche anyway with how he acted at times during his crisis and I agree with the low risk/high reward angle for the Bulls possibly as well as having no sympathy for people who get opps some of us would die for and all that, but as far as his medical condition goes that is a non starter IMO..or would we put down a dude who was having issues due to cancer, aids etc etc...

Again sorry if I seem a bit of an ass about it, but if you exp'd it yourself, it would not be a joke to you...
Pe_Mar
Junior
And1: 62

Post#149 » by Pe_Mar » Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 am

I think his issues may be hard to overcome.
However if well, i would chase him yes. Could be a good contributor.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,238

Post#150 » by kodo » Fri May 29, 2015 12:57 am

Let's remember low-risk high-reward are the type of players GM Lebron traded almost nothing for in getting JR Smith, Shumpert, and Mozgov who all destroyed our "high character" team in the CLE series.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#151 » by Chitownbulls » Fri May 29, 2015 1:34 am

Alright another guy we can count on to play half the season!
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#152 » by Chitownbulls » Fri May 29, 2015 1:39 am

Why are we now just going after guys like this? LOW RISK HIGH REWARD!!! If he sucks release him, if hes good keep him...simple as that
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#153 » by Bandit King » Fri May 29, 2015 1:40 am

We need talent why not give it a try?
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Nikos Beard
Junior
And1: 380

Post#154 » by Nikos Beard » Fri May 29, 2015 1:53 am

I'm assuming his flying issue was resolved because if not I don't see why any team would be interested.

If he's good to play go for it. Still decently young and talented, and if Josh Smith in Houston and JR Smith in Cleveland have shown us anything it's that talented headcases are often worth taking a risk for.
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#155 » by IcemanGervin » Fri May 29, 2015 2:25 am

RebuildaBulls wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:A rehabbed White could probably be a Draymond Green type of player. I doubt he has Green's competitiveness though.

His play looks more like Boris Diaw. He uses his huge body to create space and also loves to pass. Iffy three point shot and defense though

Diaw is exactly what came to mind for me. I may be wrong but I believe White flirted or got a decent amount of triple doubles at Iowa State.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#156 » by ADDinChicago » Fri May 29, 2015 4:15 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Yes because the Bulls have been on top of the NBA lately... :roll:

After reading the Thibs dismissal thread tonight, you'd think they were by the way a lot of people think Pax is still a great President.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#157 » by ADDinChicago » Fri May 29, 2015 4:16 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:Please no, I hate this guy. They are only saying this because of the Hoiberg connection. I would rather have James Johnson.

James Johnson isn't going to cost less than a bag of fritos. White will.

Yeah, one can actually play in some capacity
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#158 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri May 29, 2015 12:22 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:Please no, I hate this guy. They are only saying this because of the Hoiberg connection. I would rather have James Johnson.

Thats the whole point of this. IF Hoiberg can get him back to the player he was in Ames - he would be tremendous value at the minimum. If he can't you cut him with no penalty.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#159 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri May 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:

Thats the whole point of this. IF Hoiberg can get him back to the player he was in Ames - he would be tremendous value at the minimum. If he can't you cut him with no penalty.

I would rather save the roster spot, spend a little more and try to find an actual player who can play well rather than one who needs a previous coach to vouch for him and to make his smug attitude seem like a result of his disability. Teams took chances on him and he spit in their faces.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#160 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri May 29, 2015 2:38 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:

I would rather save the roster spot, spend a little more and try to find an actual player who can play well rather than one who needs a previous coach to vouch for him and to make his smug attitude seem like a result of his disability. Teams took chances on him and he spit in their faces.

What roster spot? A summer league roster spot? We've got 20+ of them and most of those players are going to be playing in the Philippines if they can even find a job in basketball at the end of it all.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to Chicago Bulls