Image ImageImage Image

Jimmy Butler [RE-SIGNS] 5yrs /$95 millions (PG. 40)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Re: Jimmy Butler [RE-SIGNS] 5yrs /$90 millions (PG. 40) 

Post#1041 » by MC3 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:06 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
JerrySloan wrote:So who is the most overpaid, JB@5/90, Draymond Green @5/85 or Tristan Thompson @5/80?

Are you joking?

He must be.
SteelerSpartan
Sixth Man
And1: 849

Post#1042 » by SteelerSpartan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:30 pm

Still wish we had Deng so those two could have choked out the leagues back courts with their suffocating defense.....

But watching Jimmy turn into the two way player that he is has been awesome. Dude deserves every penny of it. Go Jimmy!!!
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Re: Re: Jimmy Butler [RE-SIGNS] 5yrs /$90 millions (PG. 40) 

Post#1043 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:47 pm

JerrySloan wrote:So who is the most overpaid, JB@5/90, Draymond Green @5/85 or Tristan Thompson @5/80?

Lmfao. Golden stuff man as usual.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Re: Re: Re: Jimmy's FA thread: Bulls offer MAX QO 

Post#1044 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:47 pm

keloms wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
keloms wrote:
Once again, you don't have to predict his stat jump to know he would've been worth the $48 (or $50) million extension to justify the deal given the new cap size. Everyone knew it was going up and, in-turn, so players salaries would inflate. It's poor planning by Bulls FO to not see it the same way

4 yrs / $50 in an $89 million dollar cap is about 14.4% of the new cap.

14.4% of the current cap is the equivalent is $9.66 million a year.

If the cap wasn't going up, is $9.66 million really a stretch for what we knew of Jimmy before last year? I certainly don't think so.

Instead they're now paying him double and, under no circumstances, should that be considered a success by anyone other than Jimmy and his team. (And, because some will no doubt think it, I'm not saying they shouldn't have re-signed him today, just that it was a piss poor handling and clearly lacked financial foresight.)

No. This **** has already been debunked numerous times. It's wrong...plain and simple. Also hindsight.

Math isn't debunked. Everything above is fact.

Red-Bulls83 wrote:So when is the presser?

Since the moratorium runs until the end of next week, presser probably wont occur until the week of the 13th.

Again. Debunked. It's hogwash, sorry. If Jimmy hadn't taken his game to the next level he would be over paid (had we given him the 14 million he reportedly asked for) and we would **** for the foreseeable future. Ignoring that very important fact is well, ignorant. You're using hindsight and it's kind of silly to be honest.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#1045 » by keloms » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:03 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
keloms wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
No. This **** has already been debunked numerous times. It's wrong...plain and simple. Also hindsight.

Red-Bulls83 wrote:So when is the presser?

Since the moratorium runs until the end of next week, presser probably wont occur until the week of the 13th.

Again. Debunked. It's hogwash, sorry. If Jimmy hadn't taken his game to the next level he would be over paid (had we given him the 14 million he reportedly asked for) and we would **** for the foreseeable future. Ignoring that very important fact is well, ignorant. You're using hindsight and it's kind of silly to be honest.

Jimmy would've still been an $8-$10 million player even if he didn't peak. In the new cap that translates to the $12-$14 million he wanted.

$12-$14 million in the new cap will be nothing as north of $10 will be average.

2016-2017
Cap: $89 million
Luxury Tax: $108 million

2017-2018
Cap: $108 million
Luxury Tax: $127 million

2018-2019
Cap: $100 million
Luxury Tax: $121 million
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#1046 » by pylb » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:39 am

keloms wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
keloms wrote:

Jimmy would've still been an $8-$10 million player even if he didn't peak. In the new cap that translates to the $12-$14 million he wanted.

2016-2017

2017-2018

2018-2019

Nice job overlooking the fact he would have spent two years being overpaid.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Jimmy Butler [RE-SIGNS] 5yrs /$90 millions (PG. 40) 

Post#1047 » by aramada » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:28 pm

At the end of the day, it looks clear that it was his agent going above and beyond to make sure he got a max contract for his client. All the leaks and other lame moves to make people believe Jimmy was ready to leave. He obviously used Woj - agents relationship are very important to Woj's success.
Beyond the "betting on myself" narrative, I wouldn't be surprised if jimmy's camp was pissed he couldn't reach a deal at the end of last season, and put pressure on the agent to deliver this time around. Jimmy getting the max after this season was a foregone conclusion. No need for this kind of silly agent tricks
kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Post#1048 » by kurtatx » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:31 pm

pylb wrote:
keloms wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:

2016-2017

2017-2018

2018-2019

This nonsense is dumb. In hindsight, we shouldn't have Rose ruled Derrick Rose. In the grand scheme of things, Salary money is play money. The Bulls will be fine with Butler in his current situation.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#1049 » by keloms » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:15 pm

pylb wrote:
keloms wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:

2016-2017

2017-2018

2018-2019

Bulls wouldn't have had cap space either way so that's irrelevant.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1050 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:09 pm

So now I wonder, will be there be too many chefs in the kitchen this season?

With Boozer and Deng and a younger Rose/Noah (not to mention, better)... You had a lot of "captains" but very passive and friendly. Didn't seem like there were many egos to bruise.

Now we have a team with various types of high-egos. Even Doug seems like a cocky player (with the ball), especially if he gets his opportunities this season.

Do you demote Noah? Do you promote Pau? Do you have 4 co-captains?

I figure Jimmy wants to be THE GUY who's calling plays on the defensive end and even on offense. Rose was always quiet. Is this gonna work?
RoseIs1
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#1051 » by RoseIs1 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:22 pm

MrSparkle wrote:So now I wonder, will be there be too many chefs in the kitchen this season?

With Boozer and Deng and a younger Rose/Noah (not to mention, better)... You had a lot of "captains" but very passive and friendly. Didn't seem like there were many egos to bruise.

Now we have a team with various types of high-egos. Even Doug seems like a cocky player (with the ball), especially if he gets his opportunities this season.

I figure Jimmy wants to be THE GUY who's calling plays on the defensive end and even on offense. Rose was always quiet. Is this gonna work?

These guys are all pros who (most importantly) are all getting paid. These guys have no more excuses and should figure that the way to win is to play like the Spurs/Warriors. That means checking their egos at the door and doing what is best for the team.

I don't think anybody needs to be demoted. When healthy Rose, Butler, Gasol and Noah have a clear argument for starting at their positions. The backups should play a decent amount which will keep the starters fresh and the backups happy.
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
And1: 590

Post#1052 » by stepbackjftw » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:14 pm

I think jimmy is overpaid but when compared to lillard's contract it look a lot better.

Now that kris middleton deal for the bucks is looking really good.
CB4L
Starter
And1: 549

Post#1053 » by CB4L » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:19 pm

stepbackjftw wrote:I think jimmy is overpaid but when compared to lillard's contract it look a lot better.

Now that kris middleton deal for the bucks is looking really good.

Pretty much everyone in the new phase of the NBA is overpaid
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#1054 » by dumbell78 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:43 pm

RoseIs1 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:So now I wonder, will be there be too many chefs in the kitchen this season?

These guys are all pros who (most importantly) are all getting paid. These guys have no more excuses and should figure that the way to win is to play like the Spurs/Warriors. That means checking their egos at the door and doing what is best for the team.

I don't think anybody needs to be demoted. When healthy Rose, Butler, Gasol and Noah have a clear argument for starting at their positions. The backups should play a decent amount which will keep the starters fresh and the backups happy.

Its more than just players egos, its the whole organizations as well. The Spurs model works because its a level playing field, no favoritism and entitlement. Pop reems into Duncan just as easily as he does with the 12th guy off the bench.

Meanwhile last year (at least), guys on the Bulls had special trainers, were given light loads, and entitlement minutes just because. Other guys on the roster might not be feeling that. Starts from the top down and everyone is aligned, cant have a thousand buffers or a mole here and there.

GarPax supposedly have eliminated all of that with the Thibs firing, we'll see.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#1055 » by GetBuLLish » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:51 pm

dumbell78 wrote:Its more than just players egos, its the whole organizations as well. The Spurs model works because its a level playing field, no favoritism and entitlement. Pop reems into Duncan just as easily as he does with the 12th guy off the bench.

Meanwhile last year (at least), guys on the Bulls had special trainers, were given light loads, and entitlement minutes just because. Other guys on the roster might not be feeling that. Starts from the top down and everyone is aligned, cant have a thousand buffers or a mole here and there.

Ironically enough, the two teams mentioned (Spurs, Warriors) give their star players games off simply for rest.
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#1056 » by dumbell78 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:58 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:Its more than just players egos, its the whole organizations as well. The Spurs model works because its a level playing field, no favoritism and entitlement. Pop reems into Duncan just as easily as he does with the 12th guy off the bench.

Ironically enough, the two teams mentioned (Spurs, Warriors) give their star players games off simply for rest.

Ironic for sure but they rest most of their guys here and there, not just the stars. Pop balances it out perfectly and his maintenance routine isnt just a FO call and everyone just follows. Then again he also is President of basketball operations and has a beautiful relationship with GM Buford. Again GarPax now have that same type of relationship with Hoiberg. We wait and see.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
GetBuLLish
General Manager

Post#1057 » by GetBuLLish » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:16 pm

dumbell78 wrote:Ironic for sure but they rest most of their guys here and there, not just the stars.

Pretty sure it is just limited to the stars. Corey Joseph and Aaron Baynes weren't getting maintenance days.
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#1058 » by dumbell78 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:18 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:Ironic for sure but they rest most of their guys here and there, not just the stars.

Pretty sure it is just limited to the stars. Corey Joseph and Aaron Baynes weren't getting maintenance days.

Not talking about end of bench guys. Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, Kawhi, Splitter. Those core guys get maintenance days.
GetBuLLish
General Manager

Post#1059 » by GetBuLLish » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:38 pm

dumbell78 wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:

Not talking about end of bench guys. Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, Kawhi, Splitter. Those core guys get maintenance days.

Exactly, that's the whole point. Different guys in different circumstances get treated differently. With the Spurs, core guys got rest days while others did not. With the Bulls, guys with serious injury histories got to take off some practice drills. If anything, what the Bulls were doing was less troublesome and much more reasonable than what the Spurs do (although I think the Bulls should do rest days as well).
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#1060 » by dumbell78 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:51 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:

Exactly, that's the whole point. Different guys in different circumstances get treated differently. With the Spurs, core guys got rest days while others did not. With the Bulls, guys with serious injury histories got to take off some practice drills. If anything, what the Bulls were doing was less troublesome and much more reasonable than what the Spurs do (although I think the Bulls should do rest days as well).

Thats not the point though. The Bulls missed the true point. Core guys like Jimmy, and Pau, along with Noah and Rose should get the same level of maintenance but they didnt. Rose and Noah were given preferential treatment and the rest just sucked it up. Thats not even close to what the Spurs do. Even Taj was being ignored for the most part on that bum ankle before he finally went down.

Return to Chicago Bulls