Image ImageImage Image

Jeremy Lin to BULLS rumor

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Re: Jeremy Lin to BULLS rumor 

Post#101 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:44 pm

Really wish there was a report on Rodriguez status of coming over or not.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#102 » by Chi town » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:45 pm

I think we will get Nelson. Don't want him but he's the only guy that will play for the MMLE. The rest will all get MLE money.

I'd like Rodriguez or a trade for Patty Mills.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#103 » by MC3 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:53 pm

KingJordan23 wrote:Really wish there was a report on Rodriguez status of coming over or not.

Last thing I read on Rodriguez is he will wait till NBA market settle after big free agents signs. And then he will test what NBA market has to offer. He said there is no hurry.
Zan7Z7Zz
Junior
And1: 99

Post#104 » by Zan7Z7Zz » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:07 am

Maybe he meant Stuckney and said Sessions
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#105 » by pduh01 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:21 am

I believe I read somewhere that JJ Barea is agreed to sign with the Miami Heat so you can scratch him off the list.

Edited: Scratch that he is leaning towards signing with the Heat. http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/free-agent-j-j-barea-leaning-toward-deal-with-miami-heat-070215
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#106 » by bulliedog8 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:16 am

pduh01 wrote:I believe I read somewhere that JJ Barea is agreed to sign with the Miami Heat so you can scratch him off the list.

Edited: Scratch that he is leaning towards signing with the Heat. http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/free-agent-j-j-barea-leaning-toward-deal-with-miami-heat-070215

Thank goodness. Berea is the last guy id want on the team. Why do people say Lin is a bad shooter? 37% 3 shooter last year. That is above avg, and I am sure his motivation to be better when on a good team would go up. This system would be great for him, look at how he was with dantoni. He needs to run
AhUtopian
Junior
And1: 61

Post#107 » by AhUtopian » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:24 pm

Good news is if Lin want to contend,then there are not many contending teams able to provide better offer than us,if Jordan go to Mavs,they will leave only room exception unless further moves.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#108 » by Chi town » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:44 pm

Lin should sign w Sac and start. Sac is too busy trying to waste mo eye on Rondo.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,877

Post#109 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:49 pm

The Bulls are just gonna see who is the best PG that doesnt get signed or who wants to make more than the min and sign them.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#110 » by Trm3 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:54 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
pduh01 wrote:I believe I read somewhere that JJ Barea is agreed to sign with the Miami Heat so you can scratch him off the list.

Thank goodness. Berea is the last guy id want on the team. Why do people say Lin is a bad shooter? 37% 3 shooter last year. That is above avg, and I am sure his motivation to be better when on a good team would go up. This system would be great for him, look at how he was with dantoni. He needs to run

Yeah, I don't get that..most are complaining about having another short PG then I see JJ Barea name come up..really?
musketeer
Junior
And1: 81

Post#111 » by musketeer » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:57 pm

fleet wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:
fleet wrote:I'm not big on prioritizing a PG backup anyway. That isn't what hurt the Bulls in the reg season, you can't replace a healthy Rose, and we'll need Rose in the playoffs to go anywhere. Fix the defense and rebound to get the break going. Do that. Lin doesn't help us there.

Pretty sure Kirk Hinrich started the last 4th quarter the Bulls played this season and Aaron Brooks was gawd awful throughout the playoffs. Back-up point guard is certainly a major issue.

Its an issue to address. Not 1st priority. We are going to take down the Cavs with a rookie that didn't look so hot and Tony Snell? IDTS. I think that is the major issue. Along the way we fix the defense somehow. Second priority. Backup PG should be worked on, but I'd like to hear reports that the Bulls are chasing the Gerald Greens of the world before Lin. Unless we are trading some people for a top quality ready to play guy to fill that hole on the wing.

You know, I guess Hoiberg knows what he needs to beat Lebron, and If its Jeremy Lin then good luck

I don't really get this logic. We could just as easily say, "We are going to take down the Cavs with a MMLE swing man? I don't think so."

Judging every small move on whether it puts us ahead of a ridiculously strong Cavs team with one of the best players of all-time and a couple other legit all-stars is kind of silly.

There isn't a remotely realistic move that would make the Bulls favored over the Cavs in the playoffs, so by that standard you are going to hate every single move the Bulls make from now until the Cavs super team breaks up...
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#112 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:02 pm

Lin has improved his 3pt % every year while guys like Barea, etc have shot poorly of late. If talking strictly UFA Lin is on my top 4 list which includes Mo Williams, Stuckey, Lin and Sergio Rodriguez in no order.
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#113 » by Benedict Miller » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:06 pm

In the playoffs, Brooks played like someone that didn't belong in the league. No thanks on him. I'll take Stuckey all day.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,251

Post#114 » by TheJordanRule » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:32 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:Lin has improved his 3pt % every year while guys like Barea, etc have shot poorly of late. If talking strictly UFA Lin is on my top 4 list which includes Mo Williams, Stuckey, Lin and Sergio Rodriguez in no order.

Great catch regarding Lin's improved 3 point shot. I love it when posters support their assertions with statistics. That said, my reasons for wanting Lin have nothing to do with stats. That incredible season Lin had with the Knicks convinced me that he has a lot of untapped talent since he's still pretty young (26), and has explosive speed and court vision along with underrated defense. Plus, his drive-and-dish game is a natural fit for Hoiberg's run and gun philosophy. A three guard rotation of Rose, Butler and Lin, each playing 30+ minutes per game would be a major lift for our team. Plus, Lin's a bigger guard at 6 ft 3. We'd be getting away from the midget scoring guard mentality we've had for the past few years, which has led to backups who contribute virtually nothing on nights when their shots ain't falling.
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#115 » by Costa78 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 6:01 pm

Got to admit that the off season boredom got to me, so I watched some YouTube clips on J.Lin. I think he could be a better backup PG than what we've had, and he is more built for the postseason mainly because of his size and ability to distribute. Also, wouldn't mind if we could get Wesley Johnson to come with him as a 3 and D type.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#116 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:00 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:Lin has improved his 3pt % every year while guys like Barea, etc have shot poorly of late. If talking strictly UFA Lin is on my top 4 list which includes Mo Williams, Stuckey, Lin and Sergio Rodriguez in no order.

Great catch regarding Lin's improved 3 point shot. I love it when posters support their assertions with statistics. That said, my reasons for wanting Lin have nothing to do with stats. That incredible season Lin had with the Knicks convinced me that he has a lot of untapped talent since he's still pretty young (26), and has explosive speed and court vision along with underrated defense. Plus, his drive-and-dish game is a natural fit for Hoiberg's run and gun philosophy. A three guard rotation of Rose, Butler and Lin, each playing 30+ minutes per game would be a major lift for our team. Plus, Lin's a bigger guard at 6 ft 3. We'd be getting away from the midget scoring guard mentality we've had for the past few years, which has led to backups who contribute virtually nothing on nights when their shots ain't falling.

I don't know about 30 a night but overall I agree with everything you said.

My sleeper if becomes UFA is Corey Joseph. I'm keeping an eye on that situation. He is an analytic dream. Has great size and defends well, gets to the rim well which with the bench shooter of Snell, Doug and Nikola works well with. It's also why I'm high on Stuckey and Sergio. Obviously all have different games but IMO all work well with the shooters we have
CB4L
Starter
And1: 549

Post#117 » by CB4L » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:03 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:

My sleeper if becomes UFA is Corey Joseph. I'm keeping an eye on that situation. He is an analytic dream. Has great size and defends well, gets to the rim well which with the bench shooter of Snell, Doug and Nikola works well with. It's also why I'm high on Stuckey and Sergio. Obviously all have different games but IMO all work well with the shooters we have

I am with you. Joseph is on top of my preference with Stuckey for backup guard spot
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#118 » by BullsFTW » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:17 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:

Hopefully there's mutual interest.

Question, how can Joseph be an UFA when's he's an RFA?
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#119 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:21 pm

BullsFTW wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:Great catch regarding Lin's improved 3 point shot. I love it when posters support their assertions with statistics. That said, my reasons for wanting Lin have nothing to do with stats. That incredible season Lin had with the Knicks convinced me that he has a lot of untapped talent since he's still pretty young (26), and has explosive speed and court vision along with underrated defense. Plus, his drive-and-dish game is a natural fit for Hoiberg's run and gun philosophy. A three guard rotation of Rose, Butler and Lin, each playing 30+ minutes per game would be a major lift for our team. Plus, Lin's a bigger guard at 6 ft 3. We'd be getting away from the midget scoring guard mentality we've had for the past few years, which has led to backups who contribute virtually nothing on nights when their shots ain't falling.

Hopefully there's mutual interest.

Question, how can Joseph be an UFA when's he's an RFA?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought if the Spurs renounce him that makes him an UFA. They have to if they get LMA unless they pull off trade. It sounds like Corey and Patty both can't be kept.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#120 » by Jordan45822 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:33 pm

think he will sign with Dallas eventually since there is a good chance he will start there.

Return to Chicago Bulls