Image ImageImage Image

Why are we not pursuing LaMarcus Aldridge?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 653

Post#1 » by boozapalooza » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:17 pm

Why has there been no pursuit? We could offer a package of Taj/Hinrich/Snell/Non-guaranteeds/picks/cash and be able to offer him 19.8 mil/year. This is a player who long-term, unlike Pau/Noah, is one of the best big men in the game. He's been known to have interest in playing for us also.

Why would Portland do it? Because he's good enough that given the choice, they want to get him out of the West and not have to deal with him on SA, HOU, or LA. Taj is on a decent contract and would be good for the rebuilding team, and we could throw as many picks as we have to.

And to those who say LMA isn't the answer, how could adding him not improve us? Our backcourt is locked in, we can't add much there. We could add LMA and make our frontcourt even better. LMA/Niko/Pau/Noah/Portis would be without a doubt the best front court in the league. Adding LMA is that piece we need to get past the Cavs.

The Heat don't have the cap room or the need for him either, but still are having a meeting with him. Why not at least try to get a meeting and see how LMA feels? No creativity from GarPax yet again.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#2 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:23 pm

Hes a unrestricted free agent. Many other teams would try something like this if they could, there is probably a reason they aren't
Dajody10
Senior
And1: 264

Re: Why are we not pursuing LaMarcus Aldridge? 

Post#3 » by Dajody10 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:23 pm

Very very fair question, and something I brought up on this board last week. LMA has already said he wanted to play for the Bulls, Portland is likely going to lose him for nothing, and we could give them a variety of bigs, young prospects & picks to choose from.....it simply comes down to a lack of creativity and a lack of urgency.

Tell Portland:

Noah, Mirotic & Snell for LMA - you're telling me PDX wouldn't consider this a win / win if they're looking at losing LMA for nothing to a WESTERN CONFERENCE contender? Plus, LMA gets more money being that he is coming over in a S&T.

Just a lack of creativity and aggressiveness - it's why the Bulls front office will never be in the elite category. Much like Thibs, they excel in certain areas (Draft, bargain signings, etc.) but they simply have no clue when it comes to trades & high level free agents.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#4 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:25 pm

1. We have no cap room
2. We can't do a S&T due to being over the apron
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#5 » by TheGameChanger » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:27 pm

We've got Mirotic
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#6 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:27 pm

smh
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#7 » by bullsRlife » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:29 pm

FO wouldn't trade Niko, because they hope he becomes the next Dirk.

Funny thing is, I think a 38 year old LMA would still be almost as effective as a near prime Niko (old man game, and just my opinion).

LMA was an MVP candidate among actual die hard NBA fans just a few years ago. I don't think Niko has that capability.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#8 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:30 pm

Most front offices suck since only a few teams won titles in NBA in recent NBA history, our front office maybe conservative but they aren't on the suck side
Dajody10
Senior

Post#9 » by Dajody10 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:30 pm

theanimal23 wrote:1. We have no cap room

You have to be $4M above the tax line to hit the apron, no? That's approximately $87M, and I don't see how the Bulls cap figure even comes close to that number.....
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#10 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:32 pm

Dajody10 wrote:

You have to be $4M above the tax line to hit the apron, no? That's approximately $87M, and I don't see how the Bulls cap figure even comes close to that number.....

Whatever is the case, if that trade went down Bulls are short a bunch of players and would need to sign a few more players and that will cost $$$
Dajody10
Senior

Post#11 » by Dajody10 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:34 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:
Dajody10 wrote:

Whatever is the case, if that trade went down Bulls are short a bunch of players and would need to sign a few more players and that will cost $$$

The Bulls are the 3rd highest revenue generating team in the NBA, you're telling me we should be pinching pennies?
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#12 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:34 pm

#becauseCBA

#becauseRealLife
For love, not money.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#13 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:34 pm

bullsRlife wrote:FO wouldn't trade Niko, because they hope he becomes the next Dirk.

Funny thing is, I think a 38 year old LMA would still be almost as effective as a near prime Niko (old man game, and just my opinion).

LMA was an MVP candidate among actual die hard NBA fans just a few years ago. I don't think Niko has that capability.

Aldridge is not a franchise talent as far as I'm concerned. All those year with the Blazers and nothing to show for it. I'd rather keep Niko.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#14 » by SpinninHouse » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:35 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:We've got Mirotic

Gar, is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#15 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:35 pm

Dajody10 wrote:
DarthDiggler69 wrote:
Dajody10 wrote:

The Bulls are the 3rd highest revenue generating team in the NBA, you're telling me we should be pinching pennies?

They still have to follow the salary cap rules since they would have to sign more free agents to fill up the roster
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 653

Post#16 » by boozapalooza » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:35 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:
Dajody10 wrote:

Still would have MMLE and be able to get ring chasers to sign no problem. Your reasons for not doing the trade are invalid.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#17 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:37 pm

boozapalooza wrote:
DarthDiggler69 wrote:
Dajody10 wrote:

Still would have MMLE and be able to get ring chasers to sign no problem. Your reasons for not doing the trade are invalid.

Ok then if Bulls lose again?
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#18 » by bullsRlife » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:38 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:FO wouldn't trade Niko, because they hope he becomes the next Dirk.

Aldridge is not a franchise talent as far as I'm concerned. All those year with the Blazers and nothing to show for it. I'd rather keep Niko.

Yeah, Niko, Noah, and Snell would for sure turn that franchise around.

Who cares if you think he's a franchise player or not. He's obviously good enough to put you over the hump if you already have a good team in place.

The Blazers have had statistically the worst bench in the league for years, and the year they finally have a well rounded team, Wes Mathews gets a torn achilles.

P.S. All those years on the Clippers, and CP3 has nothing to show for it..... :roll:
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#19 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:38 pm

GarPax signed our main priority yesterday...Mike Dont Leave Me Open! GarPax on Vacation!

Sign Kobe next year! POW Gasols Boy!
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Re: Re: Why are we not pursuing LaMarcus Aldridge? 

Post#20 » by Guy » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:41 pm

Dajody10 wrote:Very very fair question, and something I brought up on this board last week. LMA has already said he wanted to play for the Bulls, Portland is likely going to lose him for nothing, and we could give them a variety of bigs, young prospects & picks to choose from.....it simply comes down to a lack of creativity and a lack of urgency.

Tell Portland:

Noah, Mirotic & Snell for LMA - you're telling me PDX wouldn't consider this a win / win if they're looking at losing LMA for nothing to a WESTERN CONFERENCE contender? Plus, LMA gets more money being that he is coming over in a S&T.

Just a lack of creativity and aggressiveness - it's why the Bulls front office will never be in the elite category. Much like Thibs, they excel in certain areas (Draft, bargain signings, etc.) but they simply have no clue when it comes to trades & high level free agents.

You hit the nail on the head. Finally someone has the balls to say it.

Theres needs to be an assertive, alpha dog running the FO something the Bulls are severely lacking.

Return to Chicago Bulls