Image ImageImage Image

Shot distribution and the starting line-up

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Re: Shot distribution and the starting line-up 

Post#21 » by Ice Man » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:40 pm

sco wrote:Taj, a few years ago, fit the bill, but when he changed his game to become a 6th man type, he became too shot-happy.

Taj last year shot 10.8 times per 36, as a rookie he was 10.3. The only year he was significantly higher was in 2014, when the team was desperately low on scoring and Thibs used Taj a lot as a low-post iso option.

Point is that we need not worry about Taj not understanding his offensive role. He will do what his coach tells him to do. He always has.
TruthSerum
Rookie
And1: 274

Post#22 » by TruthSerum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 am

Ice Man wrote:
sco wrote:Taj, a few years ago, fit the bill, but when he changed his game to become a 6th man type, he became too shot-happy.

Taj last year shot 10.8 times per 36, as a rookie he was 10.3. The only year he was significantly higher was in 2014, when the team was desperately low on scoring and Thibs used Taj a lot as a low-post iso option.

Point is that we need not worry about Taj not understanding his offensive role. He will do what his coach tells him to do. He always has.

Taj better understand his new role as a starting stretch-4 in Hoiball. (Gasol-Taj, Noah-Niko)
Better be and have been spending this summer shooting 3's like Amare in Miami.
51st pick vs. 11th pick
vvgotgame19
Starter
And1: 757

Post#23 » by vvgotgame19 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:52 pm

transplant wrote:I'm pretty much OK as long as Bairstow gets his.

Seriously, Rose is going to either have to be much more efficient or he's going to need to hand over some of his usage percentage points to Butler. This to me is the real battleground. Gasol will get his shots as will Mirotic. There really aren't any other high usage guys who figure to get big minutes.

I was thinking more along the lines of he needs to do both. Which *crossing my fingers* shouldn't be all that hard for him. Just turning some of those stupid 3pt attempts into plays he's looking to get guys involved by breaking down the defense would do wonders for his efficiency.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#24 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Hellcrooner wrote:There are 96 minutes of frontourt to share.

Pau and Noah need to be started because of respect but a the 2 minute mark one of them needs to get replaced by taj or mirotic deppending who goes out.

30 minutes need to go to Pau.
the other three should play 22 minutes each.
Use the differente combinations in relation to what team bulls are playing against and whos playing better that night.

As for offense Butler and Pau should be the mains option, cristal clear and rose be the distributor.

It makes since what you saying but rose has a ego. He dont think hes 2nd or better yet third to anyone in the nba better yet on his team. That will not happen nor should he defer to players hes better then. Hes not hinrich nor rondo who has holes in his game
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,134

Post#25 » by Hellcrooner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:51 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:There are 96 minutes of frontourt to share.

Pau and Noah need to be started because of respect but a the 2 minute mark one of them needs to get replaced by taj or mirotic deppending who goes out.

30 minutes need to go to Pau.
the other three should play 22 minutes each.
Use the differente combinations in relation to what team bulls are playing against and whos playing better that night.

As for offense Butler and Pau should be the mains option, cristal clear and rose be the distributor.

It makes since what you saying but rose has a ego. He dont think hes 2nd or better yet third to anyone in the nba better yet on his team. That will not happen nor should he defer to players hes better then. Hes not hinrich nor rondo who has holes in his game

No, his holes are in his Knee.
Professor Frink
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,958

Post#26 » by Professor Frink » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 pm

ralphisBullsFan wrote:Coach/FO: So Pau you had a great year last season, you made the all star team as a starter, were on the All NBA Second team and led the league in Double doubles. You are our best Big and most reliable scoring option. However we want you to come off the bench and "slay bums" because Mirotic NEEDS to start and can only Start if Noah starts with him.
Pau: So your saying I'm our best scoring big and one of our best scoring options period?
Coach/FO: Yes but we feel like we need Mirotic & Noah in the Starting line up because we have trouble scoring in the 1st and 3rd quarters
Pau: Please trade me, the pure ignorance in this move proves to me you are to incompetent to run an NBA team

Worst. Play. Ever.
Do you know where you're going to spend eternity? You're going to spend it with me, talking about Jesus Christ.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#27 » by Ice Man » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:57 pm

TruthSerum wrote:Taj better understand his new role as a starting stretch-4 in Hoiball. (Gasol-Taj, Noah-Niko)
Better be and have been spending this summer shooting 3's like Amare in Miami.

If Taj's new job involves shooting 3s, then we'd better deal Taj sooner rather than later.

Return to Chicago Bulls