Image ImageImage Image

OFFICIAL Media Day Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,710

Re: OFFICIAL Media Day Thread 

Post#381 » by NZB2323 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
I keep hearing this from Bulls fans.

This statement applies to literally 90% of NBA players. It means next to nothing.

And it doesn't even apply to Rose. Jimmy obviously has beef with him.

Jimmy came out and said repeatedly he and Derrick are fine. Derrick said the same. Maybe it's beef in fan/media world though. And being universally beloved by players and coaches does mean something when you're constantly criticized by media and fans. It speaks to an obvious disconnect between reality and perception.

His GQ interview had quotes like "I think we're fine" and "that's where I'll leave it".

If you refuse to do any rudimentary reading between the tea leaves, and would rather refuse any evidence short of being bonked over the head with a sledgehammer, I don't know what to tell you.

It sounds like anything short of someone announcing a press conference in which a player publically bashes Rose, in front of everyone, says he hates Derrick, you won't buy.

Which again, means you've said literally nothing. Because that happens, never.

It happened to Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Kobe, Vince Carter, Dennis Rodman, Charles Barkley, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlin, Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard, Allen Iverson, Kevin McHale, Carmelo Anthony, Baron Davis, Hakeem, Ron Artest, Matthew Delevedova, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Deron Williams, Armen Gilliam, Steve Francis, Rick Barry, and Chris Webber.

All of them had former teammates/coaches/GMs say negative things about them.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#382 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:His GQ interview had quotes like "I think we're fine" and "that's where I'll leave it".

If you refuse to do any rudimentary reading between the tea leaves, and would rather refuse any evidence short of being bonked over the head with a sledgehammer, I don't know what to tell you.

Jimmy's Monday comments were similar, as in I don't care if he talked about unicorns, I know that he cares about winning and we'll be fine. Clearly, Jimmy and Derrick aren't buds -- they hang out in different circles, say different things, have different mindsets. But of course that is a very common thing. I don't see any reason why they can't work together just fine while on the court.

I hope so. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. The biggest issue I have is you have one guy in Rose, who had the highest usage % on the team, and one of the lowest true shooting percentages on the team. The other guy, who should be receiving the ball more, is much more efficient.

As a team (And i think the coach plays a large part in this) you can pretend like this isn't an issue, but your team won't be as good on offense. Or someone can tell Rose he needs to take a step back, try and set up teammates more, because he isn't efficient. And that means he won't be the alpha on the team. I'll be fascinated, I know that.

Clearly, Jimmy and Derrick aren't buds

It isn't that clear to some here, unfortunately. :lol:

But yeah, we definitely agree on that.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#383 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:47 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:
Jimmy came out and said repeatedly he and Derrick are fine. Derrick said the same. Maybe it's beef in fan/media world though. And being universally beloved by players and coaches does mean something when you're constantly criticized by media and fans. It speaks to an obvious disconnect between reality and perception.

His GQ interview had quotes like "I think we're fine" and "that's where I'll leave it".

It sounds like anything short of someone announcing a press conference in which a player publically bashes Rose, in front of everyone, says he hates Derrick, you won't buy.

It happened to Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Kobe, Vince Carter, Dennis Rodman, Charles Barkley, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlin, Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard, Allen Iverson, Kevin McHale, Carmelo Anthony, Baron Davis, Hakeem, Ron Artest, Matthew Delevedova, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Deron Williams, Armen Gilliam, Steve Francis, Rick Barry, and Chris Webber.

All of them had former teammates/coaches/GMs say negative things about them.

Most of those fall in line with what is happening between Butler and Rose, right? Lukewarm comments to the media, followed by 'we're fine'. Heck, the biggest beef of the decade, Shaq and Kobe, went something like this. You can always find quotes with them saying 'we're fine, i just want to win'. Public bashing of what the folks here would need to get their fingers out of there ears doesn't happen. Maybe not never, so I'll go back to my 90% of the league. :wink:
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#384 » by Polynice4Pippen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
I keep hearing this from Bulls fans.

This statement applies to literally 90% of NBA players. It means next to nothing.

And it doesn't even apply to Rose. Jimmy obviously has beef with him.

You said "obvious" beef. Reading between tea leaves shouldn't be required for "obvious" beef. You're interpreting a vague quote in a certain way and suggesting that's the smoking gun to an "obvious" beef. No, it's just your own personal, subjective take on the situation.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#385 » by League Circles » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Polynice4Pippen wrote:You said "obvious" beef. Reading between tea leaves shouldn't be required for "obvious" beef. You're interpreting a vague quote in a certain way and suggesting that's the smoking gun to an "obvious" beef. No, it's just your own personal, subjective take on the situation.

Exactly. Is there a possible beef? Absolutely.

Is there an obvious one? No, there isn't. There might not be one at all.

One thing I noticed though is that Derrick spoke more positively about Jimmy than Jimmy has spoken about Derrick. Could mean something, could mean nothing.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear

Return to Chicago Bulls