Image ImageImage Image

OT: Animated NBA 2K16 Intro

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,093

OT: Animated NBA 2K16 Intro 

Post#1 » by Mk0 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:11 am

So I am a freelance 3D modeler and one of the cooler gigs I have had in a while was working on the NBA 2K16 trailer. I had to sit on this one for about 6 months now but I just saw that it was on youtube and wanted to share.

A buddy of mine had to drop out of the project so I came in a wrapped up work on all of the characters as well as modeling all of the rocky/debris portions of the environment (one of my boulders sets a pick on Curry :lol: ). And I got to make the end-stage (including the giant Bulls throne that Jordan sits on!) where the my career player goes up against Jordan, Harden, Curry and Davis.

It was awesome to work on a game cinematic, let alone a game that I have played for damn near 20 years.

I hope you guys enjoy it. It isn't the most polished CG but it was a quick and fun gig that I really enjoyed. It was especially great to be on a small team and pitch ideas considering I was the only guy in the place that actually watches basketball and it was during the playoffs of all times.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9841OGEJ9c[/youtube]

P.S. Harden sucks on defense on purpose and Jordan was supposed to pin the layup on the glass (Mercer block) but the shot didn't have enough time.. The player had to retain the posession.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Re: OT: Animated NBA 2K16 Intro 

Post#2 » by Benedict Miller » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:49 am

The illuminati has crept into NBA 2k I see. jk. Nice intro
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#3 » by GimmeDat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 am

No way, that was you Mk0? Awesome stuff!

I saw some responses from people when this first became public, including Hardens defense :lol: But seriously, I loved the MJ part, so well done and great mood.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#4 » by 6_Rings » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:27 pm

just got the Michael Jordan special edition.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.

Return to Chicago Bulls