Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Training Camp 2015

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,061

Re: Bulls Training Camp 2015 

Post#361 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:48 pm

RememberLu wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
RememberLu wrote:
What does that mean?

Stop declaring & lead by example.

so the media actually wants a player to stop making statements to the media?

interesting...

im pretty sure that's not the point they were trying to make but ok

michael rappaport & corey maggette aren't exactly the media lol
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#362 » by RememberLu » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:57 pm

Michael Rapaport the actor? Why is he talking
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#363 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:10 am

RememberLu wrote:Michael Rapaport the actor? Why is he talking

They were guests speakers on one of the ESPN shows today.
art_barbie
Banned User
And1: 157

Post#364 » by art_barbie » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:33 am

MrSparkle wrote:To paraphrase, Rose was the quiet get-things-done leader, Noah was the emotional leader... Deng was a humble, hard-worker but never dominant.

We definitely missed a confident, 2-way dominant player who could lead vocally and by example. I see nothing wrong with this becoming Jimmy's team.

Jo can continue firing up the team, but he sure as hell isn't gonna help you win games by example. At his "best" we were a rather mediocre team, which everyone seems to forget. DJ's offensive competence and Jimmy's mpg spike helped us win more.

Rose doesn't talk, nor defend. Give Jimmy dem keys.

this should be our 2015-16 slogan. "Give Jimmy dem keys!"
art_barbie
Banned User

Post#365 » by art_barbie » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:37 am

Gar Paxdorf wrote:
art_barbie wrote:I dont think it was dumb at all. I think it was calculated. Fred is clearly behind Jimmy. The front office is clearly behind Jimmy.

This is big boy sports politics. And Jimmy is serving notice that there is a new sheriff in town and I for one and 110% on board the Jimmy train. I quite certain pau, Niko, Doug, Kirk, Mike and Moore all on board. Hopefully Snell and taj are too and that leaves Jo and Rose to get on board or GTFO!!

The front office is clearly behind Rose too. As is Fred. Unless you haven't read Gar and Fred's comments on Rose lately. Or unless you conveniently disregard it while buying the comments on Jimmy.

What makes you certain that any of those guys other than maybe Doug would get behind Jimmy moreso than Derrick?

You know Kirk may not be a Bull right now if not for Derrick. Pau was rumored to want to play with Derrick and vice versa since before Jimmy was anything. Mike signed here to compete with Jimmy for minutes and play off of Rose at a time when Jimmy wasn't anything special.

Where are you getting your thoughts on Moore's allegiance from? Or Niko?

there's a new sheriff in town, kid. And his name is Jimmy Butler! Y'all be cool. Stay cool. Right on.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,156

Post#366 » by League Circles » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:45 am

art_barbie wrote:
Gar Paxdorf wrote:
art_barbie wrote:I dont think it was dumb at all. I think it was calculated. Fred is clearly behind Jimmy. The front office is clearly behind Jimmy.

This is big boy sports politics. And Jimmy is serving notice that there is a new sheriff in town and I for one and 110% on board the Jimmy train. I quite certain pau, Niko, Doug, Kirk, Mike and Moore all on board. Hopefully Snell and taj are too and that leaves Jo and Rose to get on board or GTFO!!

The front office is clearly behind Rose too. As is Fred. Unless you haven't read Gar and Fred's comments on Rose lately. Or unless you conveniently disregard it while buying the comments on Jimmy.

What makes you certain that any of those guys other than maybe Doug would get behind Jimmy moreso than Derrick?

You know Kirk may not be a Bull right now if not for Derrick. Pau was rumored to want to play with Derrick and vice versa since before Jimmy was anything. Mike signed here to compete with Jimmy for minutes and play off of Rose at a time when Jimmy wasn't anything special.

there's a new sheriff in town, kid. And his name is Jimmy Butler! Y'all be cool. Stay cool. Right on.

I don't understand the purpose of your comment or what you mean by it. I gather that you like Jimmy, think he's great and want him to be our leader. I don't understand the rest of what you're writing about him being a sheriff, whatever that means. I wondered if you knew anything we didn't about all of the players whose allegiance you claim to be certain of. I notice you didn't answer that.

And don't call me kid. That's generally something 50 year old men say, not young cheerleaders. It's unbecoming.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#367 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:05 am

Gar Paxdorf wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of your comment or what you mean by it. I gather that you like Jimmy, think he's great and want him to be our leader. I don't understand the rest of what you're writing about him being a sheriff, whatever that means. I wondered if you knew anything we didn't about all of the players whose allegiance you claim to be certain of. I notice you didn't answer that.

And don't call me kid. That's generally something 50 year old men say, not young cheerleaders. It's unbecoming.

Spoiler:
Remember 2015NBAChampions...just saying.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#368 » by Flopper » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:47 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Gar Paxdorf wrote:

Spoiler:
Remember 2015NBAChampions...just saying.

art_barbie
Banned User

Post#369 » by art_barbie » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:48 am

Gar Paxdorf wrote:
art_barbie wrote:
Gar Paxdorf wrote:

its a meme from an old movie.

your other questions are just a futile effort to make me do work that no matter what I present to you, you will disagree with. I could have Jerry Reinsdorf on Tape recorder saying he doesn't want Derrick Rose on his team and you would then say that John paxson and Gar forman and Fred Hoiberg are his direct bosses and as long as they (aren't on record) of saying the same thing then all is fine and dandy...so I just didn't bother and I accept that we simply agree to disagree on this.

As for my "new sheriff" comment...not calling YOU (or anyone) a kid...its a meme that I mashed up to fit in Jimmy Butler. I figured you might recognize it since it was kinda popular...I think?
art_barbie
Banned User

Post#370 » by art_barbie » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:50 am

ok...this is like the 5th person. I'm officially curious and now want to see 2015 champions posts. How do I search this? Nothing comes up.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,156

Post#371 » by League Circles » Fri Oct 9, 2015 4:00 am

art_barbie wrote:
Gar Paxdorf wrote:
art_barbie wrote:

its a meme from an old movie.

your other questions are just a futile effort to make me do work that no matter what I present to you, you will disagree with. I could have Jerry Reinsdorf on Tape recorder saying he doesn't want Derrick Rose on his team and you would then say that John paxson and Gar forman and Fred Hoiberg are his direct bosses and as long as they (aren't on record) of saying the same thing then all is fine and dandy...so I just didn't bother and I accept that we simply agree to disagree on this.

As for my "new sheriff" comment...not calling YOU (or anyone) a kid...its a meme that I mashed up to fit in Jimmy Butler. I figured you might recognize it since it was kinda popular...I think?

Yeah sorry I didn't recognize it.

You don't have to do any work to justify or prove why all the guys you've listed would support jimmy over rose, just maybe explain it? You're the only poster claiming such things and you did it with certainty. Any particular reason or just a hunch?

I agree there is a new boss, or sheriff, in town. His name is Fred Hoiberg. IMO there isn't a chance in hell that Pau, Rose, Noah, or maybe Taj or Mike will take orders from the less experienced and/or accomplished Jimmy. I think Jimmy is wrong about a leadership vacuum. I think this is one of the most mature groups of guys in the league and they don't need to be led.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#372 » by WesleyExChiFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:36 am

So far, this is what I see:
Jimmy..looking real good. He and Rose will mesh just fine I think.

Doug..He's a scorer for sure. Not sold on him defending starting 3s in thsi league.

Tony..backup 2 or trade bait

Niko..baller. so tough to guard it's crazy

Moore..He's okay. Replacement level combo guard off the bench. I like him

Bairstow..sets the best picks on the team. Buries his man most every time.

Noah..starting to worry about him, not gonna lie. I could see him and Snell getting moved this year. Expiring and a prospect for a 14 mil/yr starter. That's Gallo, Chandler, etc
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#373 » by Chi town » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:38 pm

Noah is always a slow starter. Let's see what he looks like 20 games in.

Portis is going to play. By all star break he will be the 4th big if not the 3rd.

IMO you have to trade Taj for a backup pg. Taj for Collison (best backup pg in the league) and then the Kings make the playoffs and we get a teens pick too.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#374 » by ptpablo » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:56 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:

Watching ESPN is like watching The View.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#375 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Oct 9, 2015 6:40 pm

ptpablo wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:

Ive never seen the view. I like sports.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer

Post#376 » by ptpablo » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:23 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
ptpablo wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:

Well then why are you watching ESPN? Seems mostly like a bunch of guests and talking heads saying outrageous stuff to make it about them (just like the view). Not much about sports highlights/analysis anymore, just a bunch of hot air.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer

Post#377 » by ptpablo » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:24 pm

ptpablo wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
ptpablo wrote:

Well then why are you watching ESPN? Seems mostly like a bunch of guests and talking heads saying outrageous stuff to make it about them (just like the view). Not much about sports highlights/analysis anymore, just a bunch of crap.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#378 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Oct 9, 2015 8:02 pm

ptpablo wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
ptpablo wrote:

Well then why are you watching ESPN? Seems mostly like a bunch of guests and talking heads saying outrageous stuff to make it about them (just like the view). Not much about sports highlights/analysis anymore, just a bunch of hot air.

Because I like to watch sports & hear discussions on them?

:dontknow:

There's like 3 ESPN stations.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#379 » by fleet » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:40 am

Derrick Rose is still scheduled to rejoin the Bulls at some point next week, but the swelling around his left eye isn't subsiding as quickly as hoped and his return to activity could be delayed.

It's also unclear if Rose will play at all during the preseason
. The Bulls have yet to rule Rose out for the regular-season opener on Oct. 27 against the Cavaliers.

"His eye is still pretty swollen," coach Fred Hoiberg said. "Hopefully, that continues to go down. The vision hopefully doesn’t have any issues once he starts working out again and gets his blood pressure up."

That, in fact, will be one of the main determining factors whether Rose can play on opening night.

"Derrick will at least start working out next week but I’m not sure he’ll play in the preseason," Hoiberg said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-derrick-rose-swollen-eye-20151008-story.html
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,590

Post#380 » by Ice Man » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 am

Rewatched the Denver game. (Now that is desperate.)

1) Sam Smith is the call girl of all call girls to praise Cam for his performance in the game. The game was lost when Cam entered and spent 6 minutes straight bricking, fouling, and making turnovers.

2) Kirk is so done that he no longer has any pink in the middle.

3) I kinda like Jordan Crawford as a 15th man chucker. I would only play him when we need a bench guy to shoot every minute, because that is what he does. But first name like MJ, last name like Jamal ... he was born to chuck and he does that well.

4) Doug looked really good. Barely recognizably good.

5) Bobby Portis is averaging 22.5 rebounds per 36 minutes. Andre Drummond led the NBA last year at 15.9. Just saying.

Return to Chicago Bulls