Image ImageImage Image

2015 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Thread - Merged

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

2015 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Thread - Merged 

Post#1 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:04 am

It's that time of year to fire up the Draft Prospect Thread!

:missyou: ManRam

Who do we think is winning March Madness this year? Who goes #1 overall? Who do you want the Bulls to draft?
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Re: 2015 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Thread 

Post#2 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:11 am

In my view, the biggest question mark by far for this team going forward is finding a true center to eventually replace Pau/Noah.

Zhou Qi is a guy who very much intrigues me. He's a twig but has Gobert-like measurables and actually looks very coordinated. Other options include Poetl, Damian Jones, Diallo.

Point guard is another spot I'd like to draft. Demetrius Jackson is my guy there. He could blow up this year with Jerian Grant gone. I though Jackson was clearly the superior prospect between the 2 last year, and now he's got the car keys.

As far as the top of the draft, I think Simmons and Ingram pull away from the pack. Bender might be my favorite guy though.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#3 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:43 am

On paper, I don't think this class will be strong, possibly even weaker than last year's that I also don't think will be that good. I'm interested to see what Simmons does and I'm excited to see him play here this season, but I don't expect him to be a franchise changing talent. A lot of freshman should have a clear path to the top of the board if they flash enough. A lot of those are in the SEC with Simmons, Labissiere, Newman, Briscoe, and Murray.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#4 » by MC3 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Nice to see this thread popping out. Ofcourse I will talk about prospect mostly which I think they could be on Bulls radar or in their range. I have couple of favorites (from last year draft but they decided to stay on college), giving need but in same time talent.

At point guard position is Kris Dunn. 21 year old 6 foot 4 inch 205lb PG. He is currently projected as pick #7 in round #1 of the 2016 NBA Draft. I believe his stocks will fell for obvious reason as his age, "injury history", "lack of upside" (22 by draft comes), draft hype of other prospects etc. And could be available around Kings pick in mid-lottery around same spot as Jerian Grant was this year. I am pretty high on Dunn overall. Terrific size at around 6-4, long arms (a wingspan between 6-8 and 6-9), ideal basketball frame, excellent quickness and dexterity, and ability to play above the rim with ease .Dunn proved to be a maestro in the pick and roll, keeping defenders on his back and dropping it off to the roll man or bouncing out of the paint and knocking down a mid-range jump.

At center position is Jakob Poeltl. 20 year old 7 foot 0 inch 235lb C. He is currently projected as pick #9 in round #1 of the 2016 NBA Draft. Many think we dont need another big man but I am not so sure in that. Depends how this year goes, depends how negotations around our centers goes (Gasol opting out or Noah ask for ridicioulus money - could happen). We could find ourself in situation without 7-footer. Very solid 7' 1” frame and proved himself as one of the best defensive big men in the 2016 NBA Draft. Excellent timing and instincts as a shot blocker despite measuring only a 7 1” wingspan, he's developed into a tremendous post defender who plays with toughness and grit on the interior.

At shooting guard position is Caris Lavert. 21 year old 6 foot 7 inch 200lb PG/SG. He is currently projected as pick #19 in round #1 of the 2016 NBA Draft. 6-7 guard who can essentially play all three backcourt positions, LeVert certainly has his strong points as a pro prospect. He's a highly skilled offensive player, showing the ability to handle the ball, operate smoothly at different speeds, find the open man in a variety of situations, and finish plays with a soft touch. His ability to handle the ball in transition, as well as in pick and roll and isolation situations is very intriguing at his size, and unlike many big guards, he has very good mechanics on his jumper and is consistent in catch and shoot situations. Bulls lack backcourt talent and depth. Both Brooks, Hinrich, maybe even Moore wont be on the roster. We basically dont have guard bench.

This is pretty much all I can say. I didnt start yet study new draft candidates and their profiles yet. It's bit too early, many will go down, many will go up. But those 3 are all guys who spend atleast one or two years on college.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,604

Post#5 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm with MC3 with the prospects that was listed. I'm a big fan of Dunn and Poeltl. Dunn upgrades the back up PG position and gives the Bulls insurance for Rose if was to leave(He stays) and Poeltl gives us a 7'0" rim protector that replaces Noah & Pau. Poeltl would fit nicely with Niko & Portis.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#6 » by bulliedog8 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Fran said Simmons is a possible transcendent talent. I never really watched him, so I am excited to see how he does at LSU. I think Skal will be the best of the class. Looks like Anthony Davis to me.

This class seems like it will be filled with a lot of role player types with 2 big time stars in Simmons and Skal and a few possible all stars in Murray, Jaylen Brown, and Newman.

Im sure there will be random ones that come out of no where too
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#7 » by greenl » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Watching Dunn and Lavert and praying the Kings pick comes in. A center to replace Noah would be great but they desperately need a point guard to back up Rose- and possibly take over if he leaves as a FA.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#8 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Caris LeVert has been a Bulls draft thread favorite for years. Of course he's on the watch list.

I think Kris Dunn rises too high to be really relevant for us as a PG target. I'm telling you guys, Demetrius Jackson is that guy if the Kings pick comes home to roost. He reminds me of Eric Bledsoe.

I could see Malik Newman dropping to the mid 1st. Not sure about him though.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#9 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:17 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCoO9Ov-KJ8[/youtube]

Here's some Zhou Qi stuff.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#10 » by WYO » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Last year I brought up Larry Nance Jr in the thread like this one. He ended up going at the end of the first round to the Lakers. There is another Wyoming Cowboy you guys should keep an eye on. Josh Adams is an insane athlete, great defender, clutch, a decent shooter, and has a winning attitude. I think he will be a great role player (undersized combo guard) off the bench for an NBA team. I really hope the Bulls can find a way to land him in the second round.

6'2" 190
40+ vertical

Watch where he takes off from in the first video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BlW7R7_vE0#t=9s[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drp4cHUxkY8[/youtube]
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#11 » by IcemanGervin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 am

I am a Duke fan and Brandon Ingram has me all kinds of excited this year. He has scary talent.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#12 » by GimmeDat » Tue Nov 3, 2015 6:49 am

Looking forward to learning more about the draft class this season with you guys.

Right now, I think the obvious two guys are Dunn and Levert, love the idea of both of them. I was a big fan of Levert last year, but Dunn just impresses me in a lot of areas and of course, we'd all loved to see the PG position addressed.

Don't know what Demtrius Jacksons situation or draft is looking like but I think he's another very interesting alternative at addressing the PG spot.

Zhou Qi is very unique... dare I say has some traits similar to Porzingis. Colour me skeptical on how he'll go in the NBA though. I think I'll need to see more of him.

Josh Adams I'm getting a Nick Johnson vibe from. I like him but again, I question how successful he'll find himself at the NBA level.

As for the top end of the draft, you know I'm rooting for Simmons. Lamar Odom with an extra sprinkle of LeBron's added physical strength and overall athleticism, if I had to make a comparison. Seems like the clear cut #1 to me, Aussie bias notwithstanding.

Otherwise it's not an overly exciting draft, especially in comparison to last year.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#13 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 7:00 am

This Zhou Qi looks like he couldn't add much weight on his thin frame. He's listed at 210lbs...that's how much guards weigh. He will likely get pushed around like a rag doll against other bigs.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#14 » by BullsFTW » Tue Nov 3, 2015 10:41 am

Jakob Poeltl & Kris Dunn are two prospects I like if we land the SAC Pick.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#15 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Some big games tomorrow at the UC. I'll be attending.

#2 UK vs #5 Duke to start. Then #4 KU vs #13 MSU as the night cap.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#16 » by MC3 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:11 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmMzL_1Kpk[/youtube]

32 points, 8 steals, 6 rebounds, 5 assists game against Harvard on 11-26 FG, but he did go on the FT line (9-11).

Another name to follow is Demetrius Jackson who had 27 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists against St Francis. Couldnt find highlights. But very efficent game, 27 pts on 10-14 FG.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#17 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:38 pm

He keeps having games like that and we have no chance even if we strike pay dirt with the Kings pick at #11.

More realistically, Demetrius Jackson looked good dropping 27.

More of an off the radar prospect would be Derryck Thornton declaring prematurely. I doubt Coach K would let it happen, but I guess he couldn't convince Tyus to stay.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#18 » by PaKii94 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:51 pm

I am really high on murray right now. I feel like you would be perfect in our back court unfortunately is probably going to be a top five pick
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#19 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:55 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I am really high on murray right now. I feel like you would be perfect in our back court unfortunately is probably going to be a top five pick

If the 76ers dont get simmons, I feel like it is a guarantee they take Murray. He would be perfect for the 76ers as their main guard going forward.

Imagine the 76ers getting the lakers in the top 5 plus their own top 3. Suddenly, the 76ers will be looked at as the wolves are right now and would have a BRIGHT future if they all pan out.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#20 » by PaKii94 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 pm

:wink:
bulliedog8 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:I am really high on murray right now. I feel like you would be perfect in our back court unfortunately is probably going to be a top five pick

If the 76ers dont get simmons, I feel like it is a guarantee they take Murray. He would be perfect for the 76ers as their main guard going forward.

Imagine the 76ers getting the lakers in the top 5 plus their own top 3. Suddenly, the 76ers will be looked at as the wolves are right now and would have a BRIGHT future if they all pan out.

The east is definitely gonna get a lot more competitive the next few years :-?

Return to Chicago Bulls