Image ImageImage Image

Rose, Butler - the best player

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Rose, Butler - the best player 

Post#121 » by kyrv » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:17 am

Stratmaster wrote:
DuckIII wrote:The Bulls having more wins when Rose plays well doesn't say jack squat about whether or not he's better than Jimmy Butler. The mental gymnastics being made in this thread to cling to the tiniest strand of hope that "my favorite player is the best player on the team" is a hoot.

I agree about the mental gymnastics. Right now there is no case that can be made that Rose is a better player.

however, I think what some posters are trying to state is that when DRose was "The" Drose, he could impact a game much more heavily than Butler. If we ever get a semblance of that old Rose back, the 2 players would have very similar impact. If we ever got MVP Rose back (pipe dream), Rose is the player with the most impact.

I agree, but I don't think Rose has to be better than Jimmy. Nor do I think he will be.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#122 » by kingkirk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:57 am

Derrick Rose, the guy who is a 9 PER and a 40% TS% player, is supposedly our best player?

If so, we're ****.
errisal
Head Coach
And1: 406

Re: RE: Re: Rose, Butler - the best player 

Post#123 » by errisal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:12 am

BR0D1E86 wrote:
fleet wrote:C'mon. I think we can give Rose mediocre.

Based on what? His PER that isn't among the top 50 players at his position? His true shooting % that is better than only Stone Hands Noah? His lazy, unmotivated defense?

I can't believe how many times I was locked out and put on punishment that last two seasons telling people on this board just how bad DRose was becoming. I'm at a loss for words seeing so many Bulls Fans wake up to the fact that Rose was nothing more than athleticism and now that it's gone so has his gamesmanship. Come April all of those still hanging on to pre-ACL Rose will wake up and realize the truth as well. Jimmy is to Michael Jordan as Rose is to Dennis Hopson. :nod:
"The Cubs will Win a World Series title in my Lifetime! I plan to live to the age of 150 and the Cubs Win it in 2017! :nod: "
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#124 » by pb-ceo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:31 am

noahabull wrote:There has been a lot of talk lately about who is the best player on the bulls, I find it quite surprising, I do think Jimmy is a nice player but don't think he will really ever become a superstar - Rose was a superstar and even now (as mentioned by KC) Rose is the player that gets double teams (one eyed and not fully conditioned). Barring injury, if ROse is healthy and gets better, we have a shot - this entire team is still predicated on Rose's skills and to me is by far the best player on the team.

This is not to take anything away from Jimmy - Love his Defense and he is getting his numbers, but still it's Rose and our ability to play better team defense that can give us a chance

thoughts?

Yeah he's by far not one of the best players in the team.
pb-ceo
Analyst

Post#125 » by pb-ceo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:51 am

jacoby1us wrote:LOL, if you still believe that the Derrick Rose is not the best player on the Bulls than you are sadly mistaken. Contrary to popular belief this team is constructed around where Derrick Rose takes them, not Jimmy Butler or Pau Gasol.

If this team is constructed around the starting pg I hope there is not a mild breeze. It could blow the house down.
pb-ceo
Analyst

Post#126 » by pb-ceo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:55 am

bennjuiced34 wrote:Rose is a better player when he's on. Jimmy is more consistent.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately he's on about as often as Greg oden is "on".
pb-ceo
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rose, Butler - the best player 

Post#127 » by pb-ceo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:59 am

bennjuiced34 wrote:
tong po wrote:
bennjuiced34 wrote:I really don't care about game scores to be honest. When Derrick is at the level he was at after his slow start vs OKC, he's a better player.

I'd ask why you think he's better, but I suspect the answer will be "he just is."

Why do I think Derrick is better when he's locked in?

Because he can shut down an opposing PG and destroy him on offense.

Again, that being said, it has to become more consistent, if it ever does.

Rose is the straw that stirs the drink. When he's rolling, the rest of the team seems to follow suit and he can single handily take over a game, like he did vs OKC.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

What is his po box? He deserves a hallmark thank you card for actually locking in for one game this year.
pb-ceo
Analyst

Post#128 » by pb-ceo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:23 pm

well it's no longer a well kept secret among the "in crowd". the whole world knows now that Jimmy gets Buckets.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#129 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:41 pm

In Rose's defense, he was looking very good the last two games he played. He found his mid-range scoring touch and his jumper looked like it actually had an arc. He was starting to finish around the rim and he was finding open teammates with regularity. The biggest noticeable improvement was on the defensive end, where he was putting forth effort. It's obvious Jimmy is the best player on the team, but that doesn't mean that Rose can never become a very good player again. Time will tell.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#130 » by waffle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:45 pm

unfortunately, it's not even that close, and hasn't been for a while
ingvald
Veteran
And1: 1,861

Post#131 » by ingvald » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm not even sure he's top 5 if you factor in his inability to stay on the court. But I'll maybe give him the edge when the double vision goes away and he plays every game like its a nationally televised, primetime game against a marquee opposing PG.
Honesty is my only excuse.
BullsFan88- the Sig Mamba
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Rose, Butler - the best player 

Post#132 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:20 pm

I dont care who is better I just wish they can get it going at the same time, Bulls would be hard to stop if they could find out how

MVP Rose was better than Butler, but right now Butler is better simply because his defense is elite
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#133 » by Rerisen » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Mark K wrote:Derrick Rose, the guy who is a 9 PER and a 40% TS% player, is supposedly our best player?

If so, we're ****.

Pfft PER.

You know who has the highest PER on the team, Kirk Hinrich!

If Kirk Hinrich is our best player, we're ****! :P
ZUDAMAGIC
Veteran
And1: 1,765

Post#134 » by ZUDAMAGIC » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Mark K wrote:Derrick Rose, the guy who is a 9 PER and a 40% TS% player, is supposedly our best player?

If so, we're ****.

Well actually his per is at 11 and 43% TS :P , hopefully he can get that number to 16 by all star break and keep improving on it.
TheAznDoughBoy
Freshman
And1: 66

Post#135 » by TheAznDoughBoy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:32 am

Y'all watched the Bulls vs. Warriors game last night? What happened during the last 5 minutes of the game when Warriors D locked it down and we needed our "star" to step up and make the big shots? It sure wasn't Butler... He doesn't have that killer instinct, that go-to move that put the team on his back. I don't know for sure that Rose would've sparked a comeback but I am for damn sure more comfortable with Rose taking on a team defense and making the tough buckets.
jimmy_smith
Bench Warmer
And1: 914

Post#136 » by jimmy_smith » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:49 am

Rerisen wrote:

If so, we're ****.

Pfft PER.

Kirk has more good game than Rose this years.

Kirk > Rose
KC: Do you still think your a championship caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if i'm wrong
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#137 » by kingkirk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:02 am

jimmy_smith wrote:Kirk has more good game than Rose this years.

Kirk > Rose

Agreed.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#138 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:09 am

Rerisen wrote:

If so, we're ****.

Pfft PER.

Did Kirk take HGH? Let's hope he did. :D
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#139 » by TyrusRose2425 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 am

TheAznDoughBoy wrote:Y'all watched the Bulls vs. Warriors game last night? What happened during the last 5 minutes of the game when Warriors D locked it down and we needed our "star" to step up and make the big shots? It sure wasn't Butler... He doesn't have that killer instinct, that go-to move that put the team on his back. I don't know for sure that Rose would've sparked a comeback but I am for damn sure more comfortable with Rose taking on a team defense and making the tough buckets.

What happened to Butler was very much what happened to Rose in the ECF against Miami. Butler showed he can make those shots two nights before in Phoenix. It certainly is not an insult at Rose or shot at him to say Butler is better than him. He's that good.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#140 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:13 am

ZUDAMAGIC wrote:

If so, we're ****.

Well actually his per is at 11 and 43% TS :P , hopefully he can get that number to 16 by all star break and keep improving on it.

It will be really sad/bad if it takes till the all-star break for Derrick to play consistently well. You would like to see Derrick do it at some point in December.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bulls