Image ImageImage Image

Noah out 4-6 months, possibly ending career with Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: Noah out 4-6 months, possibly ending career with Bulls 

Post#241 » by Rerisen » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:04 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Rerisen wrote:
Some of the radio guys were saying the same thing the other day.

So much for the great communicator, Hoiberg.

Noah himself said that he never volunteered to give up the spot.

Right. He essentially came out and just flat out called Fred a liar. and then a few weeks later Jimmy put Fred on blast. It's no surprise the team is having major leadership and communication issues.

Pretty embarrassing Fred had to name a specific shot clock number he wanted Derrick to get the ball over halfcourt by too.

He might gain Rose's trust a little more if he helped him with the refs. Our guys get knocked on their ass and Fred is over there twiddling his thumbs.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#242 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:31 am

On the whole Noah benching thing. I get what Fred was trying to do.. he thought he was actually having Jo's back and saving him from looking like he got benched by the new coach. Jo was just too proud to live that lie. Fred should have discussed it with Jo first and not lied to the media. It just starts with a foundation of mistrust off the bat. Then Jimmy says those things and the FO immediately retaliated with their own smearing. This whole season has had a bad feeling from the get go. A lot like last season.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Noah out 4-6 months, possibly ending career with Bulls 

Post#243 » by DarthDiggler69 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:45 am

What I thought at first and still think now is that Jo probably did offer to come off the bench to Fred but afterwards Noah's agent realized that Noah could potentially mess up his FA value in saying that (he is a free agent soon, might imply that Noah is injured or lazy) and needed to take back his statement immediately. I also recall in 2014-2015 a source saying Noah didnt mind coming off the bench, so if that was true makes sense.

I think Fred was indeed telling the truth then covered it up and played the fool after Noah realized his mistake.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,791

Post#244 » by beeshma » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:On the whole Noah benching thing. I get what Fred was trying to do.. he thought he was actually having Jo's back and saving him from looking like he got benched by the new coach. Jo was just too proud to live that lie. Fred should have discussed it with Jo first and not lied to the media. It just starts with a foundation of mistrust off the bat. Then Jimmy says those things and the FO immediately retaliated with their own smearing. This whole season has had a bad feeling from the get go. A lot like last season.

When Fred's comments about Noah, volunteering to come off the bench, were revealed to be a lie, I thought it indicated that Fred was surprisingly ignorant about player psychology and pride. He handled the matter in an insensitive way.

Return to Chicago Bulls