Image ImageImage Image

#firegarpax movement (this is worth its own thread)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Do you want Gar Foreman Fired?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 254

Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Re: #firegarpax movement (this is worth its own thread) 

Post#781 » by Jimako10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:18 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:The 18 people who voted to keep GarPax are the adults in the room apparently. LOL.

Trick question: How do you think I voted?

You didn't vote.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#782 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:19 pm

Jimako10 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:The 18 people who voted to keep GarPax are the adults in the room apparently. LOL.

You didn't vote.

Yup....so what am I?

An FO apologist? Not a fan of winning? An idiot?
For love, not money.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#783 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:20 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:

You didn't. And if you voted to fire them, then I don't know what you've been doing to us for the last 15 pages.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Jimako10
Analyst

Post#784 » by Jimako10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:21 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:

You didn't vote.

Yup....so what am I?

Maybe we should put a poll on it to find out.
basketballnut
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#785 » by basketballnut » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:22 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
basketballnut wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
The part I bolded was "90% of the board thinks Gar should be fired".

I doubt that 90% of the senior posters want Gar fired.

The Poll speaks for itself. 90% of this board is behind the #firegarpax movement. To start dissecting the demographics of the forum, and to start equating your job with being the GM of an NBA franchise, just shows how irrational you are. But in case you still don't get it, let me rephrase this.

Let's say you and your family want to build a house. You hire an architect and a construction crew to create the blueprints and build your home. Fast forward 17 years, and your home still isn't close to being built...You're telling me you aren't firing that construction crew? You are lying to yourself.

Well thats easy. And I appreciate your attempt at trying to be rational.

I do not try to build the best house in the city ( equivalent to an NBA champsionship).

I need a home thats very comfortable, allows me to spend time with my family, my Bulls and my kid. And something that doesnt cost more than 20% of my paycheck.

So you want an average Chicago Bulls organization that has virtually no shot to win a championship? Well you have your wish... I hope you are thoroughly enjoying what you want. But for the rest of us. We want to see a Bulls championship. #firegarpax

Its the kind of thing that will keep this countries success going forward.

We can all throw money into wanting the best car and the best house and the best bathtub --- but thats what causes once in a generation recessions.

Spend wisely.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#786 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:22 pm

Jimako10 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:
You didn't vote.

Yup....so what am I?

Do it...make sure you mark it OT.
For love, not money.
Jimako10
Analyst

Post#787 » by Jimako10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:23 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Yup....so what am I?

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN MODS!
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#788 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:24 pm

Jimako10 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN MODS!

It'll be more fun than this thread. I guarantee you.
For love, not money.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#789 » by Susan » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:26 pm

It's all sure as **** more fun than any of our jobs. Oh wait.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#790 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:26 pm

basketballnut wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
basketballnut wrote:

The Poll speaks for itself. 90% of this board is behind the #firegarpax movement. To start dissecting the demographics of the forum, and to start equating your job with being the GM of an NBA franchise, just shows how irrational you are. But in case you still don't get it, let me rephrase this.

Let's say you and your family want to build a house. You hire an architect and a construction crew to create the blueprints and build your home. Fast forward 17 years, and your home still isn't close to being built...You're telling me you aren't firing that construction crew? You are lying to yourself.

Well thats easy. And I appreciate your attempt at trying to be rational.

I do not try to build the best house in the city ( equivalent to an NBA champsionship).

I need a home thats very comfortable, allows me to spend time with my family, my Bulls and my kid. And something that doesnt cost more than 20% of my paycheck.

Its the kind of thing that will keep this countries success going forward.

We can all throw money into wanting the best car and the best house and the best bathtub --- but thats what causes once in a generation recessions.

Spend wisely.
So you want an average Chicago Bulls organization that has virtually no shot to win a championship? Well you have your wish... I hope you are thoroughly enjoying what you want. But for the rest of us. We want to see a Bulls championship. #firegarpax

I dont want an average house. I want an exquisite house. I want value for my money.

I just dont need a swimming pool and a pool table.

And, if once in 20 years - lets say my home is featured in "Best Houses of the Year" --- I'll gladly take that. I just dont want to pay for that....its not a guaranteed outcome.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#791 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:27 pm

Susan wrote:It's all sure as **** more fun than any of our jobs. Oh wait.

Insecure much?
For love, not money.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#792 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:28 pm

Alright, let's get back on topic. Musiq and others, let's not make this entirely about him. Let's get back on subject.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#793 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:32 pm

Its all good Homo.

By some warped logic, I have become a proxy for the FO. The money guzzling, profit churning, Bulls organization is represented on this board through Musiq.

:lol:

I find it amusing. It used to bother me years ago...it doesnt anymore. Go Bulls!
For love, not money.
basketballnut
Freshman

Post#794 » by basketballnut » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:33 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Alright, let's get back on topic. Musiq and others, let's not make this entirely about him. Let's get back on subject.

100% on board with that. Fire John Paxson and Gar Forman!!!
basketballnut
Freshman

Post#795 » by basketballnut » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:33 pm

That’s where Bulls basketball is these days. One misdirection after another. Last year, this so-called “championship roster’’ was supposedly held back by Thibodeau, and this year, well, a puff of smoke from the sleeves of Gar/Pax, and look, it now magically falls on the players.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#796 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:09 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:The Bulls have no possible way to "back-up" Derrick.

I don't get this at all. Back him up as in to replace him or win a title without him, no of course not. But if we are going to say how much Derrick's fall hurt the team, and it did, one of their most obvious failings is not finding players better than Brooks, or ancient Hinrich to get on the team over 4 years, when we known darn well precisely because of all of Rose's issues it was likely he would keep missing a high amount of games each year, be at risk of further injuries, or just not be able to handle high minutes as we needed to monitor his usage carefully.

People understand perfectly well the argument when it comes to defending having a billion big men around to protect from injuries, but somehow don't see doing it for our most important player?

And its not even a rational argument to say well if Derrick is playing then we don't need such a player, so it was a waste, as due to our lack of guard and perimeter quality, coaches have tried playing Derrick together with much worse options, such as CJ Watson (2011 ECF desperation move), Hinrich and even Aaron Brooks was on the floor in closing lineups early last year as Thibs experimented with trying to find a worthy 5 man to close. And now Hoiberg has done the same thing playing them together at times.

Paxson himself talked about moving Derrick more off ball and building a team that relies on him less. So I don't see how a better backup - but one that could actually run offense with or without Derrick - couldn't work for some of their minutes with Derrick in the backcourt, while being enormously more helpful and valuable when of course he was missing games or on minutes restriction, or just playing like garbage, and we had to live with it for that our alternatives were even worse.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#797 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:17 pm

There have been 2 very instructive firings so far:

1) David Blatt was fired because he wasn't able to get his star players to buy into his methods. And because David Griffin has to do everything in his power to appease LeBron.

2) Fisher was fired for not improving the team in a way that is acceptable to Phil.

Keeping these 2 facts in mind, IF Gar or Pax get fired for basketball reasons then it stands to reason that Michael Reinsdorf thinks this is a championship roster.

My personal opinion is that it's not.

But if they get fired then I'll have to assume that Michaels an idiot for thinking this is a championship roster. Gar said the same thing - but those were meaningless words that were merely symbolic.

But firing Gar would mean that the entire organization believes that we have a championship caliber roster. Which would be puerile stupidity.

It's a simple litmus test. As long as it's for basketball reasons:

1) If Gar doesn't get fired, then everyone knew that this was a transitional year and were OK with riding out this roster until the 2016 offseason.

Or,

2) If Gar is fired this season, then there are some real buffoons above him who think THIS team as constructed was a championship team.
For love, not money.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Re: RE: Re: #firegarpax movement (this is worth its own thread) 

Post#798 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:15 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:There have been 2 very instructive firings so far:

1) David Blatt was fired because he wasn't able to get his star players to buy into his methods. And because David Griffin has to do everything in his power to appease LeBron.

2) Fisher was fired for not improving the team in a way that is acceptable to Phil.

Keeping these 2 facts in mind, IF Gar or Pax get fired for basketball reasons then it stands to reason that Michael Reinsdorf thinks this is a championship roster.

But if they get fired then I'll have to assume that Michaels an idiot for thinking this is a championship roster. Gar said the same thing - but those were meaningless words that were merely symbolic.

But firing Gar would mean that the entire organization believes that we have a championship caliber roster. Which would be puerile stupidity.

1) If Gar doesn't get fired, then everyone knew that this was a transitional year and were OK with riding out this roster until the 2016 offseason.

Or,

2) If Gar is fired this season, then there are some real buffoons above him who think THIS team as constructed was a championship team.

Or 3rd, the Reinsdorfs fired Gar for not getting championship players here. You know, his job?
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: #firegarpax movement (this is worth its own thread) 

Post#799 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:39 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:There have been 2 very instructive firings so far:

Or,

Or 3rd, the Reinsdorfs fired Gar for not getting championship players here. You know, his job?

If that was the case, then Reinsdorf would have fired Pax and Gar both a long time ago.
For love, not money.
basketballnut
Freshman

Post#800 » by basketballnut » Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:42 am

After this CHA game, #firegarpax needs to be trending at least in Chicago...

Return to Chicago Bulls