Image ImageImage Image

tobias harris anybody?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sticky2009
Ballboy
And1: 3

tobias harris anybody? 

Post#1 » by sticky2009 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:39 pm

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Re: tobias harris anybody? 

Post#2 » by MrSparkle » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:32 pm

(Iso player)

Don't think he'd make us worse, but he might not help.

A jolt of speed and play-making (fast-break players) would go a longer way. Doesn't necessarily have to be Wiggins or Lavine, but the blueprint players I think of are: Iguadala, Batum, Schroeder, Oladipo, Fournier, Collison, MacCallum, G. Henderson. We don't like him, but Mario Chalmers. Unless the plan is to fire Fred, I don't see the point of giving him more iso/low-post options.

I've said it before, but Markieff Morris would've been a good pickup. Big system upgrade over Taj and struggling Niko. Too late now, IMO. Coach fired, Niko injured.

But my reasoning: get a player who'll be able to out-dribble and out-run his position, and hold his own on defense. And makre sure the PER is above 13. :noway:
Unbeata-BULL7
Senior
And1: 293

Post#3 » by Unbeata-BULL7 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:46 pm

Haven't watched him play enough to know exactly how good of a fit he is in Hoiball, but I like the fact that he can play some small ball 4. At 6'9", 235, he's definitely shown the ability to man the 4, and that could open up the court quite a bit. 4/64M isn't a horrible contract in the new CBA, and he's still only 23 years old.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#4 » by Red8911 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:48 pm

Ofcourse Harris would help but no reason to give up much for him....IF let's say the Bulls wanted to trade Noah,would teams be interested as an expiring contract? Maybe a non playoff team wants to get rid of a player or 2 and take in Noahs contract till end of season? Not that I want him gone but just curious if he's actually a trading chip or not.
Unbeata-BULL7
Senior

Post#5 » by Unbeata-BULL7 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:57 pm

I think the Magic would be asking for at least Taj + 1st rounder + McDermott.
wfactor
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#6 » by wfactor » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:31 pm

I think Fournier would be a better fit for the Bulls. He's a long, active defender who can play the wing.

You guys also need a guy who can be a fourth / fifth option on offense and put up 20 points in a game if he's feeling it.
Check out my project, the 'Hulu' for live sports: www.sportle.tv
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#7 » by Payt10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:33 pm

He's been in the league for 5 years and still just 23 years old. Still some potential there, IMO. I'd rather have Oladipo, but I would consider Harris, for the right price.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
danzou
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#8 » by danzou » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:22 pm

Unbeata-BULL7 wrote:I think the Magic would be asking for at least Taj + 1st rounder + McDermott.

Where do I sign? Give me Harris for 13m/yr over Barnes for 23m/yr.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#9 » by bullsRlife » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:28 pm

danzou wrote:
Unbeata-BULL7 wrote:I think the Magic would be asking for at least Taj + 1st rounder + McDermott.

That's a no brainer. Barnes at 23m/yr, regardless of the cap rise, is an albatross contract waiting to happen. The guy's best asset is playing with the GOAT shooter, and one of the GOAT teams, and being wide open on like 70% of his shots.

With Harris, you can legit play him at 4, and not lose any size, at all, and he's an effective SF. He's the new breed of what's effective in team ball in today's NBA. Hybrid 2 way players, that can plug n play into most any scenarios, lineups, matchups.

You leave him on the floor with Rose and Jimmy, and you lose nothing, if he stays on the floor, with guys like Lebron and KD on the other side.

Harris at 13m/yr is a grand slam, steal.

And whoever brought up Fournier is absolutely right. He'd be our younger, and potentially better version of Reddick with much better iso and play making skills. You play Rose at the 1, Fournier at the 2, and Jimmy at the 3. Jimmy is interchangeable, so him being better at the 2 means nothing. Today's NBA, you can easily mix and match as the game goes.

If we could get both players, lawd have mercy.

Rose
Fournier, or Jimmy starting at the 2
Jimmy, or Harris starting at the 3
Harris, or Taj starting
Whoever we have at this point, whether it be Pau, Noah, maybe play Taj at the 5, or even Bobby.

So many ways we can go if we acquired Harris and Fournier.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#10 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:34 pm

wfactor wrote:I think Fournier would be a better fit for the Bulls. He's a long, active defender who can play the wing.

You guys also need a guy who can be a fourth / fifth option on offense and put up 20 points in a game if he's feeling it.

Agreed. Fournier should be the target. Be it through signing or trade.
ElPolloLoco
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#11 » by ElPolloLoco » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:39 pm

Yes i like him and hes cheap and can score some when needed, do it bulls!
Pnjguy
Starter
And1: 567

Post#12 » by Pnjguy » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:40 pm

danzou wrote:

more like 17 mill but yeah.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#13 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:49 pm

He is competent defensively and is plus offensively. These are the types of players the Bulls need. I'd trade for him.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#14 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:13 pm

He's a decent player, but it changes very little. Maybe you get a more reliable 3 on the roster, but he's not a franchise changing player, which is what the Bulls need to somehow find a way to land.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#15 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:44 pm

You already know I'm down. Tobias would fit perfectly here at the 3. We don't need a franchise sf, we need to build a competent ball club. If a franchise guy becomes available, it doesn't matter. Our assets have no value right now.

Harrison is just the smarter player. I'd rather have Tobias and invest the rest of that money on a backup combo guard.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#16 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:47 pm

How about Noah, Bairstow, and the Kings Pick for Harris?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#17 » by IcemanGervin » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:57 pm

I think the Magic have seriously held back Tobias and he is a guy just waiting to burst on the scene given the right opportunity. His minutes are so sporadic at times he must have trouble finding consistency. Of course I don't watch the Magic regularly so that may be due to his own faults on the defensive end or something. He's one of those big wings who can play the 3 & 4 out to the three point line and can really work his own offense. I would love to get this guy and it would be a nice infusion of young talent. What the Magic would want or consider from us I have no idea.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#18 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:03 pm

IcemanGervin wrote:I think the Magic have seriously held back Tobias and he is a guy just waiting to burst on the scene given the right opportunity. His minutes are so sporadic at times he must have trouble finding consistency. Of course I don't watch the Magic regularly so that may be due to his own faults on the defensive end or something. He's one of those big wings who can play the 3 & 4 out to the three point line and can really work his own offense. I would love to get this guy and it would be a nice infusion of young talent. What the Magic would want or consider from us I have no idea.

The bigger thing is that it'd force opposing teams to put their smaller wing defender on Butler.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,936

Post#19 » by Axl Rose » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:08 pm

no thanks
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
Unbeata-BULL7
Senior

Post#20 » by Unbeata-BULL7 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:10 pm

HomoSapien wrote:How about Noah, Bairstow, and the Kings Pick for Harris?

Not sure that gets it done unless the Magic are really eager to gain the cap space from dropping Harris. I feel like they'd want a serviceable player in addition to a 1st rounder, and may view Gibson as desirable because he's a solid vet to play alongside Vucevic. Who knows how difficult it will be for Orlando to lure real free agents.

Return to Chicago Bulls