Image ImageImage Image

Active petition to Fire Gar Forman (sign up if you'd like)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Re: Active petition to Fire Gar Forman (sign up if you'd like) 

Post#21 » by dumbell78 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:01 am

Won't sign unless Pax is included.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#22 » by rtblues » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 am

Would have to include Pax as well, then I'd sign it
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
TeamBulls2386
Senior
And1: 42

Post#23 » by TeamBulls2386 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 am

Hopefully Gar is out after this season anyway
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,147

Post#24 » by League Circles » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:42 am

Honestly, while I wouldn't be upset at this point if anyone was fired, I think petitions like this are ridiculous. If you want to be taken seriously on something be accurate. Both petition statements have a lot of garbage in them alongside the good points.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#25 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Unless you fire Pax, this is all moot and nothing changes. He's the one in charge with his "vision".

It's baffling the amount of people that think just removing Gar Forman will change ANYTHING. But I guess Pax already has his scapegoat in place and people are lining up to eat the poo sandwich.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#26 » by SpinninHouse » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:47 pm

As I mentioned in the other thread, Mulley and Hanley just talked about this petition on 670AM. Then both blasted the FO for firing Thibs and presenting the fan base with this roster as "turn key" and ready to win a title.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,770

Post#27 » by gardenofsound » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:05 pm

I, uh...

The only way any of this actually works is if it presents a tangible financial hit to the Bulls. As it stands, they're still selling out their games and people are still watching.
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#28 » by Lauri_Legend » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Shoutout to Chicago Sun-Times for covering the Fire Gar Forman petition.

[url]chicago.suntimes.com/basketball/7/71/1316236/fan-started-petition-fire-bulls-gm-gar-forman[/url]

Showing their frustration, 3,810 fans have already signed a petition to get Forman fired. The petition hopes to get 100,000 signatures, and while reaching that goal won’t actually accomplish anything, it should get the team’s attention.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#29 » by Susan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm

gardenofsound wrote:I, uh...

The only way any of this actually works is if it presents a tangible financial hit to the Bulls. As it stands, they're still selling out their games and people are still watching.

Ratings are down 29%.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#30 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Ratings, GM's and all that stuff do not matter to the Reinsdorfs

this is what matters:

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

You don't fire your GM when you are on top of that list.

If i was an owner I'd be fine going 0-82 as long as I was selling the place out.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#31 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:Ratings, GM's and all that stuff do not matter to the Reinsdorfs

this is what matters:

If i was an owner I'd be fine going 0-82 as long as I was selling the place out.

You're wrong. TV ratings matter greatly. The bulk of the NBA revenue comes from the TV deals and advertisers, not from gate receipts.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#32 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:57 pm

I get that people want to feel like they have a say in a product they consume but I highly doubt any of this (petitions, drop in ratings, lack of team success) will ultimately fire Gar Forman. Jerry, and this could almost be construed as a fault, is a loyal guy. He's had 3 GM's in his tenure as owner of 30 years. He's done a lot of things that seem driven by personal beliefs over financial or basketball sense (i.e his negotations with Deng/Gordon; saying no to D'Antoni; his hiring of Thibs; his second contract to Pippen; naming Paxson GM over BJ, the rise of Forman through the organization). Maybe Michael sees things differently than Jerry but unless Jerry dies, I have to imagine that a conversation about this will ultimately heavily include Jerry and Jerry doesn't seem to run his franchise this way. Everyone can point to Thibs but even the Thibs thing was more of a Jerry felt offended over "Tom didn't get the job done/cost me money" type firing.

I think for Gar to be fired, he needs to lose the trust of JR. I simply don't think that trust is cultivated and depends on tv ratings, wins/losses, dollars or other tangible things. I'm not saying Gar deserves to keep his job but that history says JR is WAAAAAAAAY more motivated by loyalty and personal relationships than dollars. And more than dollars, if you want Gar to get fired, I think you need Gar to affront JR's senses somehow.
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#33 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:03 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:

this is what matters:

You're wrong. TV ratings matter greatly. The bulk of the NBA revenue comes from the TV deals and advertisers, not from gate receipts.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/chicago-bulls/

Bulls gate was 72 million. The Bulls don't make anywhere close to 70 million from Comcast.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#34 » by MC3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:I get that people want to feel like they have a say in a product they consume but I highly doubt any of this (petitions, drop in ratings, lack of team success) will ultimately fire Gar Forman. Jerry, and this could almost be construed as a fault, is a loyal guy. He's had 3 GM's in his tenure as owner of 30 years. He's done a lot of things that seem driven by personal beliefs over financial or basketball sense (i.e his negotations with Deng/Gordon; saying no to D'Antoni; his hiring of Thibs; his second contract to Pippen; naming Paxson GM over BJ, the rise of Forman through the organization). Maybe Michael sees things differently than Jerry but unless Jerry dies, I have to imagine that a conversation about this will ultimately heavily include Jerry and Jerry doesn't seem to run his franchise this way. Everyone can point to Thibs but even the Thibs thing was more of a Jerry felt offended over "Tom didn't get the job done/cost me money" type firing.

I think for Gar to be fired, he needs to lose the trust of JR. I simply don't think that trust is cultivated and depends on tv ratings, wins/losses, dollars or other tangible things. I'm not saying Gar deserves to keep his job but that history says JR is WAAAAAAAAY more motivated by loyalty and personal relationships than dollars. And more than dollars, if you want Gar to get fired, I think you need Gar to affront JR's senses somehow.

We already had rumour from Cowley how Gar is going around the league saying "this [garbage team] isnt his fault". And you know that one thing Jerry doesnt like, it's to not keeping things private in Bulls organization. Which ultimately is reason why Thibs was fired. Now if that rumour is true and with this turn of events I dont see Gar keeping his job long if we miss playoffs.
basketballnut
Freshman
And1: 41

Petition to fire Gar AND Pax 

Post#35 » by basketballnut » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Not sure why people don't understand that Pax runs the show. This is the petition I have signed. Gar is just another Pax fall guy. People have too much nostalgia when they think about Paxson. The fact is that he was an average NBA player at best. He is basically Mario Chalmers. Get over it Bulls fans. Pax is a joke. Sign this petition. Any petition that doesn't include Pax is silly. The ENTIRE front office needs to go.

#FIREGARPAX PETITION

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/fire-john-paxson-and-gar-forman
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#36 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:07 pm

MC3 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:I get that people want to feel like they have a say in a product they consume but I highly doubt any of this (petitions, drop in ratings, lack of team success) will ultimately fire Gar Forman. Jerry, and this could almost be construed as a fault, is a loyal guy. He's had 3 GM's in his tenure as owner of 30 years. He's done a lot of things that seem driven by personal beliefs over financial or basketball sense (i.e his negotations with Deng/Gordon; saying no to D'Antoni; his hiring of Thibs; his second contract to Pippen; naming Paxson GM over BJ, the rise of Forman through the organization). Maybe Michael sees things differently than Jerry but unless Jerry dies, I have to imagine that a conversation about this will ultimately heavily include Jerry and Jerry doesn't seem to run his franchise this way. Everyone can point to Thibs but even the Thibs thing was more of a Jerry felt offended over "Tom didn't get the job done/cost me money" type firing.

We already had rumour from Cowley how Gar is going around the league saying "this [garbage team] isnt his fault". And you know that one thing Jerry doesnt like, it's to not keep things private in Bulls organization. Which ultimately is reason why Thibs was fired.

So we have one rumor from Joe Cowley (amazing how the credibility of the source changes with their reporting) that hasn't been picked up by any other media source. The Thibs thing was an obvious "everyone in basketball is talking about" thing. If that happens with Gar, I'll assume he'll find the same fate.

Also, I'm not sure there's a person alive JR might trust less than Joe Cowley.

Again, everyone is hoping JR is driven by the dollars (lack of playoff revenue, TV ratings decline) but everytime JR makes a decision, it's RARELY just the dollars.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#37 » by MC3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:12 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
MC3 wrote:

We already had rumour from Cowley how Gar is going around the league saying "this [garbage team] isnt his fault". And you know that one thing Jerry doesnt like, it's to not keep things private in Bulls organization. Which ultimately is reason why Thibs was fired.

So we have one rumor from Joe Cowley (amazing how the credibility of the source changes with their reporting) that hasn't been picked up by any other media source. The Thibs thing was an obvious "everyone in basketball is talking about" thing. If that happens with Gar, I'll assume he'll find the same fate.

Also, I'm not sure there's a person alive JR might trust less than Joe Cowley.

I started to trust Cowley when he started to report things before anyone else. Specially when it comes to turmoils. He is usually the first one report things and others just jump on bandwagon when thing are already are going downhill. I trust Cowley in every case (except when he has personal driven agenda against Rose). And he wasnt only source, I heard same thing on some radio station. And with already going rumour last year how "Fred was last coach this FO hired and if things dont go right they will be in jeopardy" seems only to confirm there is something going on behind the scenes + not mention rumour about Gar and Pax not getting along. So there isnt just one rumour. There are couple of them, all coming from different sources.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,435

Re: Petition to fire Gar AND Pax 

Post#38 » by aguifs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Just signed!!!! They need to go!!!
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
basketballnut
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#39 » by basketballnut » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:13 pm

dumbell78 wrote:Won't sign unless Pax is included.

#FIREGARPAX PETITION http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/fire-john-paxson-and-gar-forman
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#40 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

this is what matters:

none year
http://www.forbes.com/teams/chicago-bulls/

Bulls gate was 72 million. The Bulls don't make anywhere close to 70 million from Comcast.

It's not just Comcast though.. The league just signed a 9 year $24 BILLION deal with the TNT and ESPN. The Bulls also have the WGN, and WCIU deals. Look at the Lakers who have a nine year, $5 billion deal. That is the kind of TV deal JR and Bulls would be looking to sign for their next deal.

Also, JR owns 40% of Comcast, so it's different because the advertising revenue to the station during games, doesn't even have to go to the team for JR and his partners to see it. Point being, JR cares a great deal about how many people are watching his team on TV.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls