Image ImageImage Image

Active petition to Fire Gar Forman (sign up if you'd like)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Re: Active petition to Fire Gar Forman (sign up if you'd like) 

Post#41 » by Susan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:19 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
MC3 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:I get that people want to feel like they have a say in a product they consume but I highly doubt any of this (petitions, drop in ratings, lack of team success) will ultimately fire Gar Forman. Jerry, and this could almost be construed as a fault, is a loyal guy. He's had 3 GM's in his tenure as owner of 30 years. He's done a lot of things that seem driven by personal beliefs over financial or basketball sense (i.e his negotations with Deng/Gordon; saying no to D'Antoni; his hiring of Thibs; his second contract to Pippen; naming Paxson GM over BJ, the rise of Forman through the organization). Maybe Michael sees things differently than Jerry but unless Jerry dies, I have to imagine that a conversation about this will ultimately heavily include Jerry and Jerry doesn't seem to run his franchise this way. Everyone can point to Thibs but even the Thibs thing was more of a Jerry felt offended over "Tom didn't get the job done/cost me money" type firing.

I think for Gar to be fired, he needs to lose the trust of JR. I simply don't think that trust is cultivated and depends on tv ratings, wins/losses, dollars or other tangible things. I'm not saying Gar deserves to keep his job but that history says JR is WAAAAAAAAY more motivated by loyalty and personal relationships than dollars. And more than dollars, if you want Gar to get fired, I think you need Gar to affront JR's senses somehow.

We already had rumour from Cowley how Gar is going around the league saying "this [garbage team] isnt his fault". And you know that one thing Jerry doesnt like, it's to not keep things private in Bulls organization. Which ultimately is reason why Thibs was fired.

So we have one rumor from Joe Cowley (amazing how the credibility of the source changes with their reporting) that hasn't been picked up by any other media source. The Thibs thing was an obvious "everyone in basketball is talking about" thing. If that happens with Gar, I'll assume he'll find the same fate.

Also, I'm not sure there's a person alive JR might trust less than Joe Cowley.

Again, everyone is hoping JR is driven by the dollars (lack of playoff revenue, TV ratings decline) but everytime JR makes a decision, it's RARELY just the dollars.

I mean, the entire agenda last season was this:

Thibs was injuring the players - This season Noah and Butler came back too soon and got injured. Butler in particular played 47 minutes the game before his injury

Thibs wasn't developing the young talent - Doug isn't NBA level, Snell has regressed and Niko has gotten worse

Thibs couldn't get the players to buy into his vision - Fred doesn't have a handle on this team. Players are all going in different directions and it's ugly.

Thibs had his agenda in the media too much - The Butler hit piece after he called out Fred was ugly. The FO (Gar) is doing the same thing that got Thibs fired.

So the bill of goods that we were sold last season/off-season was 100% off base. If that doesn't offend your sensibilities as an owner, then I don't know what would.
basketballnut
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#42 » by basketballnut » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:24 pm

First of all petitions are dumb. Second of all. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if John Paxson created the "Fire Gar Forman" petition. Conveniently leaving out the most important piece of the puzzle. If any of you think Gar Forman calls the shots you are high. John Paxson runs the show. Fire PAXSON AND FORMAN. BOTH OF THEM. If the Bulls only fire Gar Forman and let Paxson hire yet another fall guy, things will remain the same.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/fire-john-paxson-and-gar-forman
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#43 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:24 pm

poorly written petition and it should include Paxson but I still signed
I beg to differ
Veteran
And1: 4,692

Post#44 » by I beg to differ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:24 pm

I signed as Pope Francis, Oprah, Bernie Sanders, the sake of humanity and our children, Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela, the guilty conscious of Gar Foreman, 90's Alex Trebek, 2011 Clint Eastwood, the Internet, the lovechild of an orgy between Indiana Jones + Batman + Han Solo + James Bond + Captain Kirk + Captain Jack Sparrow + Tyler Durden + Obi-Wan + Ron Burgundy + a female, Concerned Women For America, Jesus, Judas, Baby Jesus, Baby Judas, and Judge Judy.
basketballnut
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#45 » by basketballnut » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:poorly written petition and it should include Paxson but I still signed

This one includes Pax

#FIREGARPAX PETITION http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/fire-john-paxson-and-gar-forman
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#46 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Susan wrote:

Thibs was injuring the players - This season Noah and Butler came back too soon and got injured. Butler in particular played 47 minutes the game before his injury

Thibs wasn't developing the young talent - Doug isn't NBA level, Snell has regressed and Niko has gotten worse

Thibs couldn't get the players to buy into his vision - Fred doesn't have a handle on this team. Players are all going in different directions and it's ugly.

Thibs had his agenda in the media too much - The Butler hit piece after he called out Fred was ugly. The FO (Gar) is doing the same thing that got Thibs fired.

So the bill of goods that we were sold last season/off-season was 100% off base. If that doesn't offend your sensibilities as an owner, then I don't know what would.

Again, JR wrote a completely tone deaf letter outlining why Thibs was fired. Maybe Gar has done similar things then Gar probably will get fired.

I just highly doubt that Gar is fired for lacking TV ratings, less wins, bad players, or a shorter playoff run.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#47 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm

I just signed it a 100 times.

I'll keep doing it so that finally Reinsdorf can hear our pain and suffering.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Re: Petition to fire Gar AND Pax 

Post#48 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:18 pm

basketballnut wrote:Not sure why people don't understand that Pax runs the show. This is the petition I have signed. Gar is just another Pax fall guy. People have too much nostalgia when they think about Paxson. The fact is that he was an average NBA player at best. He is basically Mario Chalmers. Get over it Bulls fans. Pax is a joke. Sign this petition. Any petition that doesn't include Pax is silly. The ENTIRE front office needs to go.

#FIREGARPAX PETITION

I agree with everything you said....petition has been signed.
For love, not money.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#49 » by Axl Rose » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:20 pm

basketballnut wrote:First of all petitions are dumb. Second of all. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if John Paxson created the "Fire Gar Forman" petition. Conveniently leaving out the most important piece of the puzzle. If any of you think Gar Forman calls the shots you are high. John Paxson runs the show. Fire PAXSON AND FORMAN. BOTH OF THEM. If the Bulls only fire Gar Forman and let Paxson hire yet another fall guy, things will remain the same.

We must remember that John Paxson is the guy who thought Keith Bogans could take us to a championship in 2011 during Derrick Rose's MVP season.

Keith was originally signed as end of bench guy but Brewer got hurt and so Thibs started Bogans. if you have a gripe about Bogans playing then your gripe is with Thibs not Paxson

what SG could they have got during the season? give up Asik+pick for Courtney Lee? LOL then we wouldn't have Butler
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#50 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Axl Rose wrote:
basketballnut wrote:First of all petitions are dumb. Second of all. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if John Paxson created the "Fire Gar Forman" petition. Conveniently leaving out the most important piece of the puzzle. If any of you think Gar Forman calls the shots you are high. John Paxson runs the show. Fire PAXSON AND FORMAN. BOTH OF THEM. If the Bulls only fire Gar Forman and let Paxson hire yet another fall guy, things will remain the same.

We must remember that John Paxson is the guy who thought Keith Bogans could take us to a championship in 2011 during Derrick Rose's MVP season.

thats a inaccurate statement

Keith was originally signed as end of bench guy but Brewer got hurt and so Thibs started Bogans. if you have a gripe about bogans playing then your gripe is with Thibs not Paxson

But why get players like Brewer and Bogans in the first place?

Thats on Gar. And on Pax.

Do you remember how many layups and fast break opportunities Brewer would miss....he's blow the silliest of layups. And Bogans.....my god was he bad.
For love, not money.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#51 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Susan wrote:
Ratings are down 29%.

Cable ratings are down but NBA League pass ratings are up, hard to know how much is the true fallout due to them sucking but its alot less than 29%. Like why ESPN is in a hole, people are switching from cable to TV sticks whatever they are called. Bulls will always be one of the most viewed like they were when they were winning 13-15-17-21-30 games in 1999-2003
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#52 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Susan wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:
MC3 wrote:We already had rumour from Cowley how Gar is going around the league saying "this [garbage team] isnt his fault". And you know that one thing Jerry doesnt like, it's to not keep things private in Bulls organization. Which ultimately is reason why Thibs was fired.

So we have one rumor from Joe Cowley (amazing how the credibility of the source changes with their reporting) that hasn't been picked up by any other media source. The Thibs thing was an obvious "everyone in basketball is talking about" thing. If that happens with Gar, I'll assume he'll find the same fate.

Also, I'm not sure there's a person alive JR might trust less than Joe Cowley.

Again, everyone is hoping JR is driven by the dollars (lack of playoff revenue, TV ratings decline) but everytime JR makes a decision, it's RARELY just the dollars.

To be completely fair, I think Jen Swanson should also be fired along with Fred/Gar and Pax.

The injuries this year are the result of Jen Swansons work. I dont know what she does --- but this franchise's worst injuries post-ACL have all happened AFTER she joined.

Jen Swanson's body of work so far:

1) Noah's knee injury requiring surgery
2) Rose's MCL
3) Deng's leg
4) Deng's wrist
5) Deng's spinal tap
6) Taj's ankle requiring surgery
7) Rose's meniscus tear
8) Kirk's turf toe all year last year
9) Dunleavy's ankle last year
10) Dunleavy's back this year
11) Jimmy's knee now
12) Pau's wrist now

Jesus Christ....why are we paying this ornamental, piece of crap woman who is masquerading as the Director of Sports Science? More like, the receptionist at a Trauma Care Unit.
For love, not money.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#53 » by Polynice4Pippen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

I think we're too late. Reinsdorf's on to Arizona for White Sox spring training. His mind won't be back on the Bulls until October.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#54 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Polynice4Pippen wrote:I think we're too late. Reinsdorf's on to Arizona for White Sox spring training. His mind won't be back on the Bulls until October.

Our ONLY hope is Michael Reinsdorf.

This is a guy who closely watched the Bulls on social media ( so, sign that petition people!) and also pays close attention to TRP's and ratings.
For love, not money.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#55 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Polynice4Pippen wrote:I think we're too late. Reinsdorf's on to Arizona for White Sox spring training. His mind won't be back on the Bulls until October.

If Bulls miss the playoffs he will notice it in his pocket
Axl Rose
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Axl Rose » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:38 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:But why get players like Brewer and Bogans in the first place?

Do you remember how many layups and fast break opportunities Brewer would miss....he's blow the silliest of layups. And Bogans.....my god was he bad.

Brewer was solid with Utah but after the hamstring he was never the same but they did try to improve the guard spot

they tried to get Redick but Orlando matched
they tried to get Courtney Lee but Houston wanted too much
they offered Brewer+2 first to get OJ Mayo but the owner of Grizz didn't like Jerry

not to make a excuses for them as i wouldn't be against them getting canned but i wont be bias against them
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#57 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Axl Rose wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:But why get players like Brewer and Bogans in the first place?

Brewer was solid with Utah but after the hamstring he was never the same but they did try to improve the guard spot

they tried to get Redick but Orlando matched
they tried to get Courtney Lee but Houston wanted too much
they offered Brewer+2 first to get OJ Mayo but the owner of Grizz didn't like Jerry

not to make a excuses for them as i wouldn't be against them getting canned but i wont be bias against them

I feel you man....but at some point you have to draw the line.

Where do you draw the line after:

Brewer
Bogans
Rip
Kirk
Dunleavy
Snell

These are the terrible acquisitions this FO has made at the wing position over the years.

When does the bell toll?
For love, not money.
Axl Rose
Head Coach

Post#58 » by Axl Rose » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:I feel you man....but at some point you have to draw the line.

Where do you draw the line after:

Brewer
Bogans
Rip
Kirk
Dunleavy
Snell

These are the terrible acquisitions this FO has made at the wing position over the years.

When does the bell toll?

agree with you on this outside of Dunleavy who was a solid pick up the first time around but there is some criticism to be had for them to keep relying on him as a starter as he should be a backup as they originally signed him to be

RIP, Kirk, Snell were awful decisions that they should be criticized for

i only had a problem him saying Paxson thought Bogans was enough like he brought Bogans in to be a starter and didn't attempt to improve it through trade during Roses MVP year...thats inaccurate
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#59 » by kyrv » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:40 pm

diebieber wrote:All you really need is a name to sign the petition. It might not be successful, but it's cool to have your voice heard if it gains enough traction. Other forums are supporting the cause. It's only been a few hours and it's growing by the minute.

Petition: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/fire-gar-forman

It's time for a change, Chicago. It's time to stand up and let our voices be heard. Gar Forman has had one too many last chances, and the last straw has been drawn. He has ran the franchise straight into the ground with his hands behind his back giving no effort or accountability for the downward spiral the franchise is going in. Year-after-year Gar Forman has stood pat at the trade deadline staying content with the roster he's put together, a roster that has yet to go far in the playoffs. Between 2010 and 2014, Gar Forman has made zero trade acquisitions as the general manager. The lack of help for Derrick Rose eventually took a toll on his body and turned him into the injury riddled player he is today. Gar Forman has rarely made any moves in free agency offseason. In fact, the only addition last summer to the team was the rookie Bobby Portis. A team that wasn't even close to competing in the Finals last season was not improved in the slightest way. In fact, he fired a top caliber coach in Tom Thibodeau. It wasn't the Bulls front office's first time budding heads with a coach, a good example is Vinny Del Negro.

If the Bulls aren't making offseason additions via free agency nor trading to get better during the regular season, it seems Gar Forman remains content with drafting late first-round picks and selling those players to the fan-base as the difference making role players the Bulls need. Actually, the only thing the fan-base needs is the termination of the Bulls front office, especially their general manger.

Sign the petition below to at least help voice your concern about the franchise and let the Chicago Bulls know that their fans aren't happy with the way their running the team into the ground. We pay top dollar to watch our team play, so we expect our moneys worth.

Shoot, we need a name? Bummer.

Good luck though. Trades are what it's all about. Celtics title bound!
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#60 » by kyrv » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Susan wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:I, uh...

The only way any of this actually works is if it presents a tangible financial hit to the Bulls. As it stands, they're still selling out their games and people are still watching.

Ratings are down 29%.

Not sure how they vary year to year but this seems like a huge number.

My guess is the tolerance for Funk is not very high, so the Funky not winning combo does bad things.

Definitely something that could affect change.

Return to Chicago Bulls