Image ImageImage Image

The Roster is Good

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Re: The Roster is Good 

Post#81 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 pm

That's the downside of the decent backup PGs the Bulls had these recent years. They were good during the season then they hit a brick wall in the playoffs. I think the main cause for that failure was relying on them for scoring while not having enough shooters.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,197

Post#82 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:23 am

dice wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
dice wrote:not in the playoffs

This is truly one of my least favorite arguments on this board, and I hope it dies soon, because it's not a good one. Expecting DJ to carry an offense in the playoffs is insane. He's clearly going to fail when the opposing team is putting their best defensive player on him. But in a normal situation, DJ Augustin isn't going to be asked to lead you to the finals. He's just going to be a weapon who is capable of firing at any given moment.

his role was the same in the playoffs and he failed. backup point guard. what are you talking about?

If you cannot understand the context, then I cannot explain it to you.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#83 » by dice » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28 am

HomoSapien wrote:
dice wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
This is truly one of my least favorite arguments on this board, and I hope it dies soon, because it's not a good one. Expecting DJ to carry an offense in the playoffs is insane. He's clearly going to fail when the opposing team is putting their best defensive player on him. But in a normal situation, DJ Augustin isn't going to be asked to lead you to the finals. He's just going to be a weapon who is capable of firing at any given moment.

his role was the same in the playoffs and he failed. backup point guard. what are you talking about?

i wasn't responding to context. i was saying that the attributes that made him a positive during the regular season (which you were referring to) did not carry over to the playoffs even though his role was the same. there's nothing confusing about any of this
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,197

Post#84 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 am

dice wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
dice wrote:his role was the same in the playoffs and he failed. backup point guard. what are you talking about?

i wasn't responding to context. i was saying that the attributes that made him a positive during the regular season (which you were referring to) did not carry over to the playoffs even though his role was the same. there's nothing confusing about any of this

Again, in a normal circumstance, DJ Augustin isn't being used as a first option and thus the opposing team isn't going to put their best player on him to slow him down.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Post#85 » by Axl Rose » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 am

the difference was DJ wasn't hounded by Trevor Ariza every game during the regular season

that season was full of fools gold from DJ to Noah's "point center" both of which were thoroughly exposed when it mattered...much like this team was every other time they made the playoffs...thibs was the fools gold master...a trait Hoiberg doesn't possess

so maybe it was a good thing they fired thibs because now they actually gotta put a good team together instead of making the coach shine sh*t then get the blame when it fails in the playoffs...garpax have finally over played their hand much like Krause
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#86 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:22 am

Gar Paxdorf wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:When healthy, the roster is "good", but it means nothing because it's not great. And it's not built to win series. It's built to win individual games. And that's been the issue for a while since the only elite franchise player the Bulls have had since MJ started to get hurt in Derrick Rose. And that's helped destroy it. The roster isn't the problem, solely, but it is an issue.

And Wilbon is close with some of the roster, like Rose, he's not going to come out and ever say they "suck". So he use of the word "good" is just fine. Because the roster is "good". It's not awful, but it's not great. And that's the issue.

If you're talking about significant title contention, for this team, that is indefinitely in the future most likely.

The team is about .500 this year despite a good roster and decent health. It's hard to not look at the coach for this underachieving.

I liked Thibbs but wanted him gone at the end. I never advocated for Fred to be the replacement though. If he remains a mediocre coach at best, perhaps worse, he will hold us back from winning a title even if the roster ever goes from good to great.

It is and has been a team built to win individual regular season games and not series. That's the problem and it doesn't matter if the coach is Thibs, Hoiberg, Phil Jackson, etc. No title will ever be "close" with Pax's philosophy.

Return to Chicago Bulls