Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Re: Around the NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#1581 » by Ben » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:37 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Never like him on the Heat against my team but I feel really bad for Bosh.

Thats like 3 times with blood clots. At some point life is bigger than basketball. He gotta think about his family.

Yeah, pretty brutal. Your first sentence pretty much summed it up for me.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#1582 » by Dan Z » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Does the Bosh news mean that the Heat don't make the playoffs? What about Milwaukee with the injury to Middleton?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#1583 » by jc23 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:23 am

Dan Z wrote:Does the Bosh news mean that the Heat don't make the playoffs? What about Milwaukee with the injury to Middleton?

The season will bring new injuries and surprises with it.
Be curious, Not judgmental
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1584 » by GimmeDat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:25 am

This has got to be the end for Bosh, unfortunately. Sad.

Does Miami make moves to blow it up now, or do they keep going par the course? Dragic/Richardson/Winslow/McRoberts/Whiteside is a very mediocre team, and this is a very good draft class. Whiteside is 27 and Dragic is 30, perhaps they end up on the block for the tank effort.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1585 » by MrSparkle » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:36 am

GimmeDat wrote:This has got to be the end for Bosh, unfortunately. Sad.

Does Miami make moves to blow it up now, or do they keep going par the course? Dragic/Richardson/Winslow/McRoberts/Whiteside is a very mediocre team, and this is a very good draft class. Whiteside is 27 and Dragic is 30, perhaps they end up on the block for the tank effort.

Well, Dragic and Whiteside don't really need to be traded for Miami to be in the lotto game. Atleast they'll make for some exciting basketball while they lose.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#1586 » by greenl » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:27 am

FriedRise wrote: Bucks board in shambles these past two days.

All three fans?
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#1587 » by kyrv » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:01 am

MrSparkle wrote:

Well, Dragic and Whiteside don't really need to be traded for Miami to be in the lotto game. Atleast they'll make for some exciting basketball while they lose.

They also traded a couple #1s for Dragic I think, but I think they have next year's pick, not sure.

I would guess it should be tough for Miami to make the playoffs. They barely made it last season with Wade and Deng, and for half a season, Bosh.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#1588 » by Southpaw » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:51 pm

KG is retiring. This is sad.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#1589 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:09 pm

kyrv wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

They also traded a couple #1s for Dragic I think, but I think they have next year's pick, not sure.

I would guess it should be tough for Miami to make the playoffs. They barely made it last season with Wade and Deng, and for half a season, Bosh.

Unless Winslow turns into Jimmy I see no way Miami makes the playoffs.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#1590 » by samwana » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
kyrv wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

Unless Winslow turns into Jimmy I see no way Miami makes the playoffs.

That's exactly what Riley wants... He wants to rebuild and sees a great draft class coming up. That's what a lot of us wanted to go that route as well.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1591 » by MC3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Amazing class ahead of us. Too bad we dont have any future picks from some team except protected Kings one.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#1592 » by jc23 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:32 pm

The bosh situation sucks, but he is fortunate in a lot of ways. I bet we will hear rumbles of his return over the next few years, especially with contending teams.
Be curious, Not judgmental
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1593 » by sco » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm

How do you guys think the Philly 3 headed monster ultimately plays out?
:clap:
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#1594 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:12 pm

sco wrote:How do you guys think the Philly 3 headed monster ultimately plays out?

I predict they trade Noel.

Although they probably should be moving Okafor.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1595 » by MrSparkle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:33 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:How do you guys think the Philly 3 headed monster ultimately plays out?

Well, Embiid is a far-fetched prospect, worth next to nothing on the trade market.

I'd trade either Okafor or Noel for the best offer before the deadline. Okafor has a higher ceiling. I wouldn't be inclined to extend Noel to a max or near max deal in this new CBA -- he's underweight for a center, can't shoot, has an ACL tear on his injury record, and would be better suited for another team.

Simmons ought to be able to get Okafor a lot of easy baskets.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#1596 » by kyrv » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

Well, Embiid is a far-fetched prospect, worth next to nothing on the trade market.

I'd trade either Okafor or Noel for the best offer before the deadline. Okafor has a higher ceiling. I wouldn't be inclined to extend Noel to a max or near max deal in this new CBA -- he's underweight for a center, can't shoot, has an ACL tear on his injury record, and would be better suited for another team.

Simmons ought to be able to get Okafor a lot of easy baskets.

Yep and I think it will sort itself out. Whether they keep the best player or trade them for best return will depend on yheir current philosophy.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#1597 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:07 am

I'd trade more for Embiid than Okafor/Noel.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1598 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:27 am

I got off this off the General Board, because it's just too funny not to share.

Read on Twitter
Why so serious?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1599 » by GimmeDat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 am

Aussie Bulls fans - looks like Nate Robinson is playing in the NBL this season. I'm pretty excited to watch him and try to get a photo, always will hold a special place in my heart as a Bulls fan.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1600 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 am

GimmeDat wrote:Aussie Bulls fans - looks like Nate Robinson is playing in the NBL this season. I'm pretty excited to watch him and try to get a photo, always will hold a special place in my heart as a Bulls fan.

I live in Australia and I still barely see anything about the NBL on any form of media. I can't believe they even still exist quite frankly because they get so little coverage.

Which team is he looking to join? If he is playing for the Sydney Kings (are they still even called that?) maybe I'll go watch him play. But man, it's kind of sad to see him fall off so far that he has to play in Australia. That's not a knock on Australia basketball and the talent it generates, but because like I said, there is so little basketball fans in Australia actually supporting the NBL it seems.

At least if he were to go to European team he'd get a little more coverage. Ah well, it was at least fun to watch him play when he was with the Bulls.
Why so serious?

Return to Chicago Bulls