Image ImageImage Image

Possible Jimmy Butler trades

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Re: Possible Jimmy Butler trades 

Post#421 » by Axl Rose » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 pm

BIG Game wrote:
Axl Rose wrote:some of yall just need to say you don't want to trade Butler instead of wasting your time coming up with ridiculous scenarios :lol:

i think Jimmy's value is allot lower than many of us believe and im positive a realistic deal would not be satisfactory to many

something like Smart+RJ Hunter+Brooklyn first is likely what we are looking at realistically

I don't want them to trade Butler, but these trade scenarios are just a little to addicting. Butler's value is higher then you think because he's a 20/5/5 guy, who's on a reasonable contract, playing at the weakest position in the NBA, and is at the top of the list when you talk about two-way stars.

You wont get established stars with him, but you can use him to get a top flight disgruntled star or valuable young assets. I think the Bulls have established his value internally, and unless the Brooklyn pick is top two I don't think the Bulls will bite on your proposal.

based on the reports that Boston didn't want to send Crowder in the Jimmy deal and Orlando turned down a offer of Dipo+1st+some mystery piece it doesn't seem like hes got ridiculous value...mine may be a undersell but i don't think offers will be too much better
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
bagsboy
Veteran
And1: 460

Post#422 » by bagsboy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:28 pm

I expect the FO to trade Butler for a couple of scrubs with contracts that they can dump.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#423 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 pm

bagsboy wrote:I expect the FO to trade Butler for a couple of scrubs with contracts that they can dump.

With the capspace they will have this offseason they dont need to salary dump him
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#424 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Scoe63 wrote:
DarthDiggler69 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:No team is going to give up a top 2 pick for Jimmy. I can't see it happening.

A team like Philly or Lakers may. Philly now wants to win soon and Lakers have enough young players and need to fill the Kobe vaccum

Philadelphia is the team I'd target because of the high lottery picks and backup players who they can offer.

I want McConnell as D. Rose's backup, real bad.

OK4/TJ/Covington for Butler?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#425 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm

I've changed my mind about Westbrook over night, after seeing that stupid dance he did before game 2. That's not the type of player I want to cheer for, can't picture MJ or Kobe doing that, I prefer guys who are focused when it's the playoffs, not dancing around like idiots at mid-court. I hope Dallas wins that series and CV dances in front of the OKC bench
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#426 » by bullsRlife » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:42 am

TheStig wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Are the top 2 college guys that good though? That would be a huge risk imo, can turn out well if the college player becomes a star but if he's a bust this move can set this team back for years.Jimmy is a rare star that can score and defend at a high level, you don't find those types easily, so if they trade him they better get the best deal possible.

You're not even taking into account that we can flip the draft pick into a stud that's on his last year, or is obviously trying to get traded.

If the Kings offer you Cousins for a top 2 draft pick, you'd have to take that. Or what if the pistons offered you Drummond for him?

Hell, you might be able to get Russell Westbrook, and the for them to take back Rose, and take the contract hit for only a season, and play, they know they'd be getting the best possible Rose you can get, because another off season of just b ball training, and it's a contract year.

You get a Wetbrook, and especially in the EC, and the possibilities, and margin for error on this team are endless. I think you really could snag 2 really good players if you have Russ on this team.

Dream scrnario, you land Whiteside and Batum, or Barnes, and Dieng.

Westbrook/who cares, if required, Russ can play a bunch of minutes, because the guy just doesn't get tired.
Moore
Barnes or Batum, Doug as our 6th man
Taj/Niko/Bobby
Whiteside or Dieng/Bobby

That team takes the Cavs to 7 games for sure. And definitely a top 2 team in the East.

You're not taking into account that the FO doesn't "flip" picks they've made, they fall in love with them till it's time to pay them.

I didn't even mention picks in my post.
JeremyB0001
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#427 » by JeremyB0001 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 am

The other day, I came up with the following list of players who could be the returning centerpiece in a deal for Jimmy:

Nikola Jocic
Derrick Favors
2016 Pick #1
2016 Pick #2
Rudy Gobert
Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon
Zach Lavine
D'Angelo Russell

You could add assets to these centerpieces - and I'd like to add draft picks to some of these players in particular - but I expect that if you were to demand other major assets, the other team would hang up on you. The idea is to get back one major centerpiece, as opposed to a pupu platter. I excluded older players and players who will soon become unrestricted free agents because think they're undesirable for the Bulls. I also excluded players whose teams I would not expect to trade for Jimmy straight up.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#428 » by DarthDiggler69 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 am

I think instead of a so-so player plus a so-so pick Bulls really need to land a top 3 pick for Jimmy. Need a potential superstar
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#429 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:24 am

JeremyB0001 wrote:The other day, I came up with the following list of players who could be the returning centerpiece in a deal for Jimmy:

Nikola Jocic
Derrick Favors
2016 Pick #1
2016 Pick #2
Rudy Gobert
Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon
Zach Lavine
D'Angelo Russell

You could add assets to these centerpieces - and I'd like to add draft picks to some of these players in particular - but I expect that if you were to demand other major assets, the other team would hang up on you. The idea is to get back one major centerpiece, as opposed to a pupu platter. I excluded older players and players who will soon become unrestricted free agents because think they're undesirable for the Bulls. I also excluded players whose teams I would not expect to trade for Jimmy straight up.

That list looks good to me if you remove Zach Lavine who feels closer to a small plate than an entree.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Kumar
Junior
And1: 197

Post#430 » by Kumar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 am

But Aaron Gordon and his 9/6/1 stat line with his runner-up dunk contest trophy is considered an entree?
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#431 » by WesleyExChiFan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:58 am

JeremyB0001 wrote:The other day, I came up with the following list of players who could be the returning centerpiece in a deal for Jimmy:

Nikola Jocic
Derrick Favors
2016 Pick #1
2016 Pick #2
Rudy Gobert
Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon
Zach Lavine
D'Angelo Russell

Eff those deals. If Jimmy goes, it's for a select few players.

Cousins
Blake
Harden
Wall
Durant SnT

That's about it. I'd add picks/assets for a few of those deals. Anything less than a marquee name is a rip off.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#432 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:09 am

It's rare that you see really good players traded for really good players.

If we're picking from prospects, I wouldn't sell Butler for anything less than two premium chips. If the Lakers offered Russell and Randle, I'd think about it, but I doubt they would. There's a steep price you have to pay to get the 2nd best SG in the league.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,122

Post#433 » by BahamaBull » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:12 am

Would you do this?

Jimmy + bairstow

for

Zach Lavine+KG (just to make it work)+Bjelica+ 2016 first round pick (top 5 this year)
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#434 » by IcemanGervin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:15 am

I just have a feeling the Bulls sell high this time and the Butler fanbase better be ready for that.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#435 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:18 am

McBuckets3 wrote:Would you do this?

Jimmy + bairstow

for

Zach Lavine+KG (just to make it work)+Bjelica+ 2016 first round pick (top 5 this year)

No. Jimmy Butler is a Top 2 SG and a Top 15 player. I like LaVine, but he's not a premium young player. A team flat out needs to meet or exceed value.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#436 » by Shill » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 am

Jimmy + bairstow

for

If the pick is Simmons.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#437 » by The Force. » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 am

Jimmy + bairstow

for

Throw in Dieng or Muhammad instead of Bjelica and I'd pull the trigger immediately.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#438 » by The Force. » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:32 am

Red Larrivee wrote:

Jimmy + bairstow

for

No. Jimmy Butler is a Top 2 SG and a Top 15 player. I like LaVine, but he's not a premium young player. A team flat out needs to meet or exceed value.

No one is going to give us equal or better value for Jimmy that isn't a lottery pick. It's very rare that two players of equal value are swapped like that.

The value is in the lottery pick and yes, it would be a significant risk on our part. But that's what happens when you build your team through the draft.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#439 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:39 am

The Force. wrote:No one is going to give us equal or better value for Jimmy that isn't a lottery pick. It's very rare that two players of equal value are swapped like that.

The value is in the lottery pick and yes, it would be a significant risk on our part. But that's what happens when you build your team through the draft.

That's why I'm saying though. It's rare for teams to swap all-star talent for all-star talent. The last trade like that, that I can remember, was the Stephon Marbury for Jason Kidd deal in 2001.

Considering that, I'd need two premium young players coming back to think about it. Russell and Randle, for example.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#440 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:54 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
The Force. wrote:No one is going to give us equal or better value for Jimmy that isn't a lottery pick. It's very rare that two players of equal value are swapped like that.

That's why I'm saying though. It's rare for teams to swap all-star talent for all-star talent. The last trade like that, that I can remember, was the Stephon Marbury for Jason Kidd deal in 2001.

Considering that, I'd need two premium young players coming back to think about it. Russell and Randle, for example.

Yeah it's going to take either one of Simmons or Ingram or something like Jamal Murray and Russell or Randle. Like you said I just don't see something like that happening.

Return to Chicago Bulls