Image ImageImage Image

What assistants would you like to see on our coaching staff?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Re: What assistants would you like to see on our coaching staff? 

Post#41 » by League Circles » Mon May 2, 2016 8:58 pm

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#42 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon May 2, 2016 9:00 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Would like to see if we can pick up Frank Vogel if he is not extended by Larry Bird. A nice large salary for 2 seasons. 5 Million for 2 seasons gets it done.

Hoiberg + Vogel + Boylen is a good coaching trio. Vogel is the taskmaster, Hoiberg is the communicator and offensive guru and Boylen is the defensive guru.

Why would that get it done? Seems like Vogel would easily be able to land another head coaching gig.

There are no vacancies left for the kind of game that Vogel coaches. There's a lot more coaches on the market jobless and a lot fewer jobs.

And Vogel's last contract paid him 2 Million I think.

We would sign him with the understanding from both parties that he will complete 1 season at the very least and he will be released for any HC interviews that open up.

I dont think its far fetched at all. Get Vogel for 2.5 Million and dont use the Hinrich TPE. Its payroll neutral.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#43 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon May 2, 2016 9:04 pm

Susan wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Would like to see if we can pick up Frank Vogel if he is not extended by Larry Bird. A nice large salary for 2 seasons. 5 Million for 2 seasons gets it done.

Hoiberg + Vogel + Boylen is a good coaching trio. Vogel is the taskmaster, Hoiberg is the communicator and offensive guru and Boylen is the defensive guru.

Why would that get it done? Seems like Vogel would easily be able to land another head coaching gig.

Well Vogel is a dedicated Hanes man and Fruit of the Loom is massive in Indy. Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

It depends on if you make your underwear choices based on a 40 year old head coach from Indiana.

Sneaker choices on the other hand....you probably want to take your cues from the baskebatball players who wear them on court.
For love, not money.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#44 » by HomoSapien » Mon May 2, 2016 11:33 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

There are no vacancies left for the kind of game that Vogel coaches. There's a lot more coaches on the market jobless and a lot fewer jobs.

And Vogel's last contract paid him 2 Million I think.

We would sign him with the understanding from both parties that he will complete 1 season at the very least and he will be released for any HC interviews that open up.

I dont think its far fetched at all. Get Vogel for 2.5 Million and dont use the Hinrich TPE. Its payroll neutral.

I mean, if he's looking to work right away, then sure. By all means sign me up. More than likely, he sits out until there's a vacancy to his liking. He's going to be very sought after.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#45 » by realEAST » Tue May 3, 2016 11:16 am

I can see Kings going after Vogel, think he would suite them and their style of play. Still believe Indy offers extension, though
vvgotgame19
Starter
And1: 757

Post#46 » by vvgotgame19 » Tue May 3, 2016 11:45 am

Ideally, Doug Collins.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#47 » by Mobby » Tue May 3, 2016 11:57 am

HomoSapien wrote:

Maybe 5 mil each season. Contracts are going up, and Vogel's a respected coach. Maybe if the Pacers don't want to give him the money (he'd be making 250% of what he's currently making), he'd take a control downgrade for a financial upgrade with the Bulls.

EDIT: Speculative, but it does sound like Vogel wants some more money, and I'm not sure how willing he would be take a step down, but you're right, musiq -- that is a good trio.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#48 » by MC3 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:15 pm

If we can get Vogel on coaching staff that would be amazing. I know Boylen was on Vogel's staff in Pacers. So it's not that long shot.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#49 » by Mobby » Tue May 3, 2016 1:40 pm

MC3 wrote:If we can get Vogel on coaching staff that would be amazing. I know Boylen was on Vogel's staff in Pacers. So it's not that long shot.

Best case scenario is we turn our [relative] weakness into a strength and ease into a rule-by-committee type of set-up as opposed to simply Hoiberg being the main guy, which I think is already kind of apparent with Hoiberg/Boylen at times. Perhaps the more great minds we have to brainstorm, the better we'll end up being. I could see all three of these guys deferring to each other at certain moments and incorporating each others strategies when the times calls for it.

Cards on the table -- I'm still a bit disappointed about it not working with Thibs, but I do think that Hoiberg could be successful with a very solid staff.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#50 » by sco » Tue May 3, 2016 2:18 pm

Find someone who has a good rapport with Jimmy to foster his cooperation.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls