Image ImageImage Image

Lebron vs Wade for ECF?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Lebron vs Wade for ECF? 

Post#1 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed May 4, 2016 2:00 pm

Wow, didn't actually realize this could happen.

Also never realized that they have never faced each other in the playoffs before....
http://www.hothothoops.com/2015/8/3/9089435/2016-first-dwyane-wade-versus-lebron-james-NBA-playoff-game-cavs-heat

Go from wining 2 rings with your best buddy to trying to stop him from earning the ONE THING he wants most - a title for the land?

You can't script a better story line than this for the NBA even if you were David Stern trying to save the NBA.
This is def why we love this game. Ratings for this will be off the charts.

Who do you pull for?

I'm still for the CITY of Cleveland, not necessarily the Cavaliers-
Would love to see this go 7, it's more exciting than the Finals will be.

also, Josh Richardon FTW
http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2015/6/24/8833717/josh-richardson-nba-draft-tennessee
another great story line here
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Re: Lebron vs Wade for ECF? 

Post#2 » by greenl » Wed May 4, 2016 2:22 pm

Hate 'em both. Anyway they can both lose? Maybe a meteor shower simultaneously hits both home stadiums- forcing the league to cancel the series and declare both teams the loser?
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#3 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed May 4, 2016 2:39 pm

greenl wrote:Hate 'em both. Anyway they can both lose? Maybe a meteor shower simultaneously hits both home stadiums- forcing the league to cancel the series and declare both teams the loser?

I dont want LeBron to sniff another title. If he loses in the ECF, that means wholesale changes are coming to Cleveland this offseason. LeBron might even say that he is ready to look for another team.

If Wade leads the Heat to the NBA Finals ---- that makes Riley's job impossibly hard.

So, Go Heat!!!

Also, Deng - who I like and wish good things in life.
For love, not money.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,586

Post#4 » by DuckIII » Wed May 4, 2016 2:41 pm

The Eastern Conference playoffs are just something that has to happen under league rules. The Cavs are going to the finals. I have paid so little attention that until seeing this thread, I didn't even know who was playing in the East right now outside of Cleveland. I've watched zero games in the East.

That said, sure, I'd like Miami to play Cleveland. I would enjoy Wade losing to the guy he wanted to stay in Miami. If it can make losing just a little more painful for Wade, I'm all for it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#5 » by RedBulls23 » Wed May 4, 2016 2:42 pm

I think if it happens, Cleveland wins in 5.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Bomba Navarro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#6 » by Bomba Navarro » Wed May 4, 2016 2:46 pm

I dislike them both too, but would root for the Cavs to make the Finals so they can get their ass handed to them again.
suckfish wrote:Lucas. You. Inside. Me. Slow. But. Fast.

The turd!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by DuckIII » Wed May 4, 2016 2:50 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:Also, Deng - who I like and wish good things in life.

That's a good point. But Deng's been gone long enough at this point that my hatred of Wade is stronger than my love for Deng.
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#8 » by drbg43 » Wed May 4, 2016 3:00 pm

Would love for Wade to take down Lebron. Would be so, so sweet.
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Lebron vs Wade for ECF? 

Post#9 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed May 4, 2016 3:47 pm

Not interesting since they are still friends. Storyline would be better if they hated each other. Its more Pat Riley vs Lebron that is interesting
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#10 » by AKfanatic » Wed May 4, 2016 5:15 pm

Wade vs Lebron

Choosing one to root for...

Where have I seen this before?

Oh that's right

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#11 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed May 4, 2016 5:22 pm

don't forget these guys have similar aged kids and Wades kid is considered to be a pretty hot prospect like LBJ jr. The wives and kids will travel for sure and they are still friends. Could even be sitting together watching the games.

I think this is one of the best NBA storyline matchups EVER. These guys are both 1st ballot HOFers who have won titles together. I can't even think of many incidents that has happened, if ever? Magic never faced Worthy or Kareem in the playoffs. Bird never took on Mchale, DJ or Parish. Michael never faced Scottie in the playoffs. Remember the hype when Hoarce knocked us off with that ORL team against a rusty MJ? That's about as close to this i can think of, except Horace is not a HOF player.

Winner will get a shot at the title, loser goes HOME.

Bosh is petitioning the NBAPA to force his way into this series.

You know who wants this MORE than LeBron or Wade?

This is epicness just waiting to happen!
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#12 » by qianlong » Wed May 4, 2016 5:34 pm

Honestly, before the playoff and after the first heat game, i thought miami could be a real challenger for the cavs, still the underdogs, but with the right mix of talent, experience and coaching that is required to fare well in the playoff. Since then, my opinion of the heat has decreased, and increased for the cavs.
If it happens i will cheer for Luol and the heat, but i don't expect a game 7.
Ball don't lie
MBPKOGZ
Sophomore
And1: 218

Post#13 » by MBPKOGZ » Wed May 4, 2016 5:50 pm

greenl wrote:Hate 'em both. Anyway they can both lose? Maybe a meteor shower simultaneously hits both home stadiums- forcing the league to cancel the series and declare both teams the loser?

I've tried to watch the eastern playoff games. All except Detroit vs the Cleveland and a couple of the Heat games have been non entertaining. The one thing that kept me going was the potential storyline of Wade v. Bron in the playoffs. I too share a strong dislike for both of these players but it would be so poetic, not to mention quite funny, if the Heat could emerge as the Eastern Conference Champions.

P.S.

Luol has been playing pretty well for the Heat too!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by DuckIII » Wed May 4, 2016 7:00 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:don't forget these guys have similar aged kids and Wades kid is considered to be a pretty hot prospect like LBJ jr. The wives and kids will travel for sure and they are still friends. Could even be sitting together watching the games.

I think this is one of the best NBA storyline matchups EVER. These guys are both 1st ballot HOFers who have won titles together. I can't even think of many incidents that has happened, if ever? Magic never faced Worthy or Kareem in the playoffs. Bird never took on Mchale, DJ or Parish. Michael never faced Scottie in the playoffs. Remember the hype when Hoarce knocked us off with that ORL team against a rusty MJ? That's about as close to this i can think of, except Horace is not a HOF player.

Winner will get a shot at the title, loser goes HOME.

Bosh is petitioning the NBAPA to force his way into this series.

You know who wants this MORE than LeBron or Wade?

This is epicness just waiting to happen!

You should apply for a job with ABC. Yet despite your salesmanship, I doubt I'll watch even a minute of this series. I could not care less about any of these story lines. Cleveland is the hammer, their opponent the nail. Until the Finals.

And until the Finals, its all about the West. Which also got way less interesting due to the Clippers' injuries. So far these playoffs have been lame.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#15 » by bearadonisdna » Wed May 4, 2016 8:03 pm

How did the lebron haters feel when the cavs were up 2-1 in the finals?
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Lebron vs Wade for ECF? 

Post#16 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed May 4, 2016 9:02 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:How did the lebron haters feel when the cavs were up 2-1 in the finals?

Nothing honestly. I thought Cavs were still good enough to win some games. Tristan Thompson was more valuable then people gave him credit for and JR, Shump and Delly were hitting big shots in the post-season. Decisions were easier when there was only one superstar instead of three
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#17 » by otwok » Wed May 4, 2016 9:03 pm

This is the least playoff basketball I have ever seen. My wife couldn't be happier. My general thought - I want Lebron not to win a ring and I want the Warriors to lose as well. So any team outside of those two that win the championship is good for me.

Now most likely those two teams will be in the finals, and I just won't watch or won't care. My passion for basketball will be lost and I probably will go on a 5 year hiatus.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#18 » by Mech Engineer » Wed May 4, 2016 9:14 pm

Ideally, Wade suffers an ankle sprain and Luol is in his 2007 playoff mode and the Heat beat the Cavs. Thus both LeBron and Wade don't get credit.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#19 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed May 4, 2016 9:27 pm

100% team Luol. It's crazy to think this is his first playoffs since This is Spinal Tap and he seems to be embracing it. He's played well.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#20 » by Rerisen » Wed May 4, 2016 9:53 pm

Happy for JordansBulls.

Return to Chicago Bulls