Image ImageImage Image

Rose to Knicks Part II

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullsGate
Head Coach
And1: 1,078

Re: Rose to Knicks Part II 

Post#641 » by BullsGate » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:39 am

Knicks do look like a super team on paper and match up well with warriors and cavs. Can't wait for the epic meltdown if Knicks record is better than bulls.
ReturnofJPR
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#642 » by ReturnofJPR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:40 am

Ice Man wrote:
ReturnofJPR wrote:So, you don't think players try harder during a contract year?

Some, but not most. I wouldn't want any player like that on my team.

Good point! And it's a good thing Rose is on the Knicks. Not since Tyson Chandler, and heartburn, have I seen such a soft player sitting on the bench cashing CEO checks for playing a children's game.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#643 » by Mobby » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:42 am

ReturnofJPR wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
ReturnofJPR wrote:So, you don't think players try harder during a contract year?

Good point! And it's a good thing Rose is on the Knicks. Not since Tyson Chandler, and heartburn, have I seen such a soft player sitting on the bench cashing CEO checks for playing a children's game.

I take it you're in the "Rose-just-doing-it-for-the-money" camp?
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#644 » by AKfanatic » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:51 am

rtblues wrote:Unanimous sell of Rose's comments by entire panel of Around The Horn.
Nobody can figure out who the THEY are in Rose's comments.

I think it's obvious who "they" are...

The Knicks are SUPER!! Thanks for asking. All things considered they couldn't be better I must say. I feel they're super. That doesn't bug me. Everything is super when you're...Don't you think I look cute in this hat
flat_eric
Junior
And1: 156

Post#645 » by flat_eric » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:51 am

Rose's disconnect from reality never ceases to amaze me. Bulls fans mostly gave him a pass because of his hometown status and the adversity he went through with the injuries. The Knicks fanbase won't be so forgiving - if he doesn't perform and the NY media keep putting a microphone in front of him... it's not going to end well.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#646 » by Mobby » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:03 am

Ice Man wrote:

I'm arguing semantics at this point, but I think I disagree. If we're talking strictly consciously and with intent, then yes, I think most players genuinely want to work as hard as they can, but I think we're underestimating the subconscious motivator of "oh damn, every minute I play this year is worth that much more for my next contract."

While I think many players are able to tune it out pretty well, there's always that reminder in the back of your head (or your agent talking with you to get your preference) that you'll soon be signing somewhere, maybe somewhere new, what kind of contract you want, the possible coaches, possible new teammates, etc. etc.
ReturnofJPR
Freshman

Post#647 » by ReturnofJPR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:07 am

BullsGate wrote:Knicks do look like a super team on paper and match up well with warriors and cavs. Can't wait for the epic meltdown if Knicks record is better than bulls.

I understand rondo and wade are old but melo and the Knicks are ancient! Carmelo, Rose, and Noah have 3 good knees...counting all 3 players! Lee played with Dwight Howard in Orlando, that's how old he is. They have no one close to their prime while Chicago has several players entering their prime including both Jimmy Butler and Robin Lopez. I know why Rose wanted Noah, because he can't shoot and when he gets a rebound everyone in the entire building knows He is passing the ball!

At least we have young good players in McDermott, Grant, Bobby Portis, Valentine, Mirotic, Felicio, and the list goes on to Caanan ( the 3 machine) and so on...Knicks have zero young talent.
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#648 » by MissileMike » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:10 am

ReturnofJPR wrote:by Portis, Valentine, Mirotic, Felicio, and the list goes on to Caanan ( the 3 machine) and so on...Knicks have zero young talent.

I think you're forgetting about KP, who I would trade all of the bulls' young players combined to get.
ReturnofJPR
Freshman

Post#649 » by ReturnofJPR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:16 am

MissileMike wrote:
ReturnofJPR wrote:by Portis, Valentine, Mirotic, Felicio, and the list goes on to Caanan ( the 3 machine) and so on...Knicks have zero young talent.

I think you're forgetting about KP, who I would trade all of the bulls' young players combined to get.

Who, Herschel Walker? He's far away from entering his prime and is still a lightweight soft Euro at this point. He was a rookie last year, give it some time.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#650 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:20 am

Ice Man wrote:

Huh? So if u were a professional athlete you wouldn't try extremely hard to maximize your future earnings in your contract season?

Seems like alot of people here are going well out of their way to hate on D-Rose.
Hardfoul
Junior
And1: 65

Post#651 » by Hardfoul » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:21 am

33 year old Wade > than 28 year old Rose. What does that say about Drose? I'll tell you...

Rose = mental midget. Wade's knees are just as bad, so no excuses

The Knicks are so far from being a super team; what a laughable comment from Pooh. Knicks will not make the playoffs in the east. Bookmark this.

Never in my life have I gone from having an athlete going from being favorite to just about least favorite. I have zero respect for this guy.

To me it speaks volumes that the Bull's management gave up on him. Former MVP and hometown guy... That's a tough decision to make, and I'm so glad we are now moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ReturnofJPR
Freshman

Post#652 » by ReturnofJPR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:21 am

It's not hate if it's factual. The sky is blue, are you mad because it's not brown?
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#653 » by kyrv » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:04 am

SpinninHouse wrote:LMAO at the Knicks being a Super Team. Classic Derrick!! Can't his PR team tell him to just never talk, ever. Every word out of his mouth is delusional. Who the heck has referred to New York as a Super Team? How can they be a Super Team with out a single Top 10 player? Here is their off-season:

1) Acquired Derrick Rose. The 40th ranked PG in the NBA by simple and advanced metrics for the majority of the 2015-16 season.

2) Unloaded a dependable big on a great contract in Lopez and signed a significantly worse, chronically injured big in Joakim Noah to a horrible contract.

3) Signed a low efficiency chucker in Brandon Jennings who is coming off a potentially career ending achillies injury.

4) Signed a pedestrian wing man in Courtney Lee.

The Knicks will be lucky to make the playoffs and it'll be a miracle if they get 82 games TOTAL out of Rose and Noah. Has Phil Jackson seen Joakim Noah play in the past two years? I don't think he has because nobody who watched Jo play recently would give him 4 years at $18M per.

That Noah contract is just awful.

Phil is a gift that keeps on giving. He's no Isiah...yet, but he's on the fast track to out-Isiah Isiah.

Note to Errick, Brandon is playing for a contract and plays your position. Melo is basketball stupid. Noah and you aren't done, but you're just not very good. Unless of course you were jaking it (yet again) last season.

Poor Poorzingus.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#654 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:22 am

Knicks are not a super team, even on Paper.
Noah is always hurt, Rose is not who he used to be, Melo is selfish, Porzingis is a rising star.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#655 » by kingkirk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:36 am

Hardfoul wrote:33 year old Wade > than 28 year old Rose. What does that say about Drose? I'll tell you...

The Knicks are so far from being a super team; what a laughable comment from Pooh. Knicks will not make the playoffs in the east. Bookmark this.

Never in my life have I gone from having an athlete going from being favorite to just about least favorite. I have zero respect for this guy.

To me it speaks volumes that the Bull's management gave up on him. Former MVP and hometown guy... That's a tough decision to make, and I'm so glad we are now moving on.

What about a 35 year old D Wade, which is how old he will be during the season?
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Re: Re: Rose to Knicks Part II 

Post#656 » by ChicagoStrong » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:43 am

BullsGate wrote:Knicks do look like a super team on paper and match up well with warriors and cavs. Can't wait for the epic meltdown if Knicks record is better than bulls.

Bulls fans brehs
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#657 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:44 am

Mark K wrote:
Hardfoul wrote:33 year old Wade > than 28 year old Rose. What does that say about Drose? I'll tell you...

What about a 35 year old D Wade, which is how old he will be during the season?

Well, Pau Gasol was better than Derrick for 2 straight seasons.

I suspect Wade will be better than Derrixk this season as well.
For love, not money.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#658 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:44 am

They really don't. Melo is the only person who would qualify as a player who would be a part of a big 3. Rose isn't that good, and Porzingis had a good rookie year, but let's not get carried away. The Knicks had some good pickups but they're playing themselves if they're expecting anything better than a top 5 seed
Hardfoul
Junior
And1: 65

Post#659 » by Hardfoul » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:53 am

Well I was referring to last year, and I got the ages wrong, but point still holds. Wade is clearly mentally tougher than Rose. Wade's knees are wrecked, can't shoot a 3 ball to save his life, and he was still way more productive than Pooh last year. Seriously can't wait for the first match up of the "super teams" next year. GS will probably win by 40+. Heck, Bulls will win season series vs mecca

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#660 » by BigUps » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:59 am

There was a time when Rose was actually pretty humble. He's lost that and needs to find it again. Amazing what signing a 200 million dollar shoe deal can do to you.

Return to Chicago Bulls