Image ImageImage Image

FA Buzz: Joakim Noah - Wiz prepared to offer MAX (Knicks UPDATE: page 9)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Re: FA Buzz: Joakim Noah - Wiz prepared to offer MAX (Knicks UPDATE: page 9) 

Post#261 » by jc23 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 pm

I think people forgot what Jkidd did to Noah in the playoffs two years ago. Go back and watch, after that the cavs did the same.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#262 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 pm

blumeany wrote:No matter how bad things get with the Bulls, you have to appreciate how the Knicks are always there to jump on our grenades. :lol: #truefriends

There is like a 99% chance the Knicks are vastly better than the Bulls this year. I'm not sure how it can be better to be a Bulls fan right now. You would have to have an irrational hate towards Rose/Melo/Porz/Noah to think that team isn't a top 4 seed in the East this year.

I don't get the thinking that because the Bulls royally dropped the ball since the Rose ACL injury this means that right now in this moment us Bulls fans should be thankful that the Knicks improved greatly. Where is the train of thought going with this? Or do you just not like Rose and Noah and they are both the worsttttttttt everrrrrrrrrrrr?
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#263 » by BIG Game » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Noah was my favorite Bull. I wanted him to retire a Bull, but our FOs ego is just to big. It'll be weirder seeing Noah in a NYK jersey then seeing Rose.

Right now the NYK are the biggest if team there is, if everything falls in line they can challenge the Cavs. But that's a big if. I will miss Joe
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#264 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Ice the knees wrote:
blumeany wrote:No matter how bad things get with the Bulls, you have to appreciate how the Knicks are always there to jump on our grenades. :lol: #truefriends

There is like a 99% chance the Knicks are vastly better than the Bulls this year. I'm not sure how it can be better to be a Bulls fan right now. You would have to have an irrational hate towards Rose/Melo/Porz/Noah to think that team isn't a top 4 seed in the East this year.

I don't get the thinking that because the Bulls royally dropped the ball since the Rose ACL injury this means that right now in this moment us Bulls fans should be thankful that the Knicks improved greatly. Where is the train of thought going with this? Or do you just not like Rose and Noah and they are both the worsttttttttt everrrrrrrrrrrr?

The Knicks won 32 games last year.

Adding Rose and Noah, who most of this board argued are net negatives, turns them into a Top 4 seed?

They're a Top 4 seed if Rose or Porzingis play like superstars.
Ice the knees
Veteran

Post#265 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 pm

jc23 wrote:I think people forgot what Jkidd did to Noah in the playoffs two years ago. Go back and watch, after that the cavs did the same.

That's why the Knicks are perfect. They have the lineup the Bulls tried to put together in 2014. A offensive minded PF and an offensive minded SF will allow Noah to just go back to filling the lane and grabbing offensive boards. The only thing that will hold this Knicks squad back is injuries and who wants to hope players get injured?

Make no mistake the Bulls have put together awful roster since the Rose injury. There was no balance. Noah was playing defacto PG for this squad and it was so easy to expose, like you said. But that's not close to the type of roster the Knicks put together for this season. Noah will just be able to be pesky, high IQ, Noah.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#266 » by FriedRise » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I heard Benny the Bull is also available.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#267 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Well on a positive side for the Knicks, Rose and Noah though hobbled, wont have to do as much as they did in 2011 because they have Melo and Porzingis also, collectively they wont all have to play 110% every night to win, if everything goes right with them. Thats why these NBA stars love playing with other stars because they can preserve their effort till its needed thus staying fresh most of the season. Thats only if they have good chemistry, but if not then they become the 2015-2016 Bulls with talent but a struggle every night.

Noah and Rose were my favorite players but it had to be done for the Bulls to move on. Its unfortunate because the Bulls future went down in flames with Derricks knee, if he never had that ACL injury Bulls wouldn't be in a rebuilding situation right now
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#268 » by Clint Eastwood » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

BIG Game wrote:Noah was my favorite Bull. I wanted him to retire a Bull, but our FOs ego is just to big. It'll be weirder seeing Noah in a NYK jersey then seeing Rose.

Right now the NYK are the biggest if team there is, if everything falls in line they can challenge the Cavs. But that's a big if. I will miss Joe

So our ego prevents us from dishing out a ridiculous John konkakian contract to a hobbled aging cheerleader who cand shoot or hit a layup because he has heart?
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Ice the knees
Veteran

Post#269 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ice the knees wrote:

Adding Rose and Noah, who most of this board argued are net negatives, turns them into a Top 4 seed?

Yes. And lets me real, most of this board is full of incredible bias. Melo had 7 consecutive seasons of 50 win ball, Rose led a 62 win team with Noah. These guys aren't so ancient to where their skills have been stolen by the Goon Squad. If they are healthy they are a very competitve team in the east. Because Melo is good, Porz is good, Rose is good, and Noah is good. It's easy to say players aren't good when you don't like them but their starting lineup now is objectively very good.

But we can double back here come All Star break. Right now these are just words from me.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#270 » by Mech Engineer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some incentives or a declining deal by Y4. He was a bad, bad fit for the Bulls. The problem again with this contract is the thin depth of the big men in New York. Big men get injured especially ones with Noah's style of play. They are risking a lot with Noah. I don't know what their big man depth will be. It would have been a decent signing if they had kept Robin Lopez and rotated both of them. But, if Noah is playing 30-35 minutes, it is a matter of time.

Even if he plays well in the beginning, we have seen this movie before. He plays well for some time but eventually gets injured the more he plays and will look like a D-league player or worse once he is out of rhythm.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#271 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Knicks dont have the defense to compete with the Cavs. Porzingis and Noah has potential to be dominant defensively for a couple years but Rose and Melo are pretty awful. They obviously need to patch up some defensive holes and add a bunch of outside shooters still.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#272 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Ice the knees wrote:Yes. And lets me real, most of this board is full of incredible bias. Melo had 7 consecutive seasons of 50 win ball, Rose led a 62 win team with Noah. These guys aren't so ancient to where their skills have been stolen by the Goon Squad. If they are healthy they are a very competitve team in the east. Because Melo is good, Porz is good, Rose is good, and Noah is good. It's easy to say players aren't good when you don't like them but their starting lineup now is objectively very good.

But we can double back here come All Star break. Right now these are just words from me.

I agree with you. If everything clicks, they're possibly a fringe contender in the East. However, as we've seen the past 3-4 seasons--that's a big if.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#273 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there is some incentives or a declining deal by Y4. He was a bad, bad fit for the Bulls. The problem again with this contract is the thin depth of the big men in New York. Big men get injured especially ones with Noah's style of play. They are risking a lot with Noah. I don't know what their big man depth will be. It would have been a decent signing if they had kept Robin Lopez and rotated both of them. But, if Noah is playing 30-35 minutes, it is a matter of time.

Even if he plays well in the beginning, we have seen this movie before. He plays well for some time but eventually gets injured the more he plays and will look like a D-league player or worse once he is out of rhythm.

Problem with Noah is he has never been playing 100% for a full season. There are seasons where he comes in out of shape with a slow start, then the seasons he comes in shape he gets injured. Like you said its probably his style of play and getting older doesnt help. Wonder how much and how long Knicks sign him for
Ice the knees
Veteran

Post#274 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ice the knees wrote:Yes. And lets me real, most of this board is full of incredible bias. Melo had 7 consecutive seasons of 50 win ball, Rose led a 62 win team with Noah. These guys aren't so ancient to where their skills have been stolen by the Goon Squad. If they are healthy they are a very competitve team in the east. Because Melo is good, Porz is good, Rose is good, and Noah is good. It's easy to say players aren't good when you don't like them but their starting lineup now is objectively very good.

I agree with you. If everything clicks, they're possibly a fringe contender in the East. However, as we've seen the past 3-4 seasons--that's a big if.

Word. But I do think it's unfair to downplay the Knicks squad by saying "IF" because that's essentially been the Bulls model since the ACL injury. "IF..."

And now the Knicks have a well rounded starting 5, one the Bulls were essentially after 2 seasons ago, and us Bulls fans are acting like somehow the Knicks did us a favor. I mean what are we even discussing at this point on this board then? Bulls dropped the ball, Knicks picked it up, and the Knicks (and myself) would prefer the "IF" to Calderon/Butler/McD/Niko/Lopez. "IF" has potential to contend.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#275 » by Mech Engineer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there is some incentives or a declining deal by Y4. He was a bad, bad fit for the Bulls. The problem again with this contract is the thin depth of the big men in New York. Big men get injured especially ones with Noah's style of play. They are risking a lot with Noah. I don't know what their big man depth will be. It would have been a decent signing if they had kept Robin Lopez and rotated both of them. But, if Noah is playing 30-35 minutes, it is a matter of time.

Problem with Noah is he has never been playing 100% for a full season. There are seasons where he comes in out of shape with a slow start, then the seasons he comes in shape he gets injured. Like you said its probably his style of play and getting older doesnt help. Wonder how much and how long Knicks sign him for

It is something with Noah's health and skills. There are players like Taj, Butler who even if they have injuries can still contribute and don't look completely horrible on the court. Noah seems like a player whose production drops dramatically if he gets injured. That's a big problem. It is kind of the same with Derrick too. I don't know what it is ....their mental strength to overcome injuries or their bodies not being able to function with nicks/bruises or it it is the type of game they play. You always have players being injured but they are still able to able to provide some production even if they are 75% healthy. Noah is on a different scale with how he plays with injuries.

100% healthy--- more effective than most players in the league and looks like a top 40 player.

75% healthy --- normally a good when healthy player like him is still a top 100 player but Noah goes to being a bottom of the league player.
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#276 » by bullslas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ice the knees wrote:

They're a Top 4 seed if Rose or Porzingis play like superstars.

Easily top 4 in the East. Who else do you got? Cleveland,
Toronto (i think they won't be as good this year),
Boston? (they haven't proven anything). Atlanta? Nope. Miami? Don't think so. Bulls? Not with this team. Charlotte? Pacers? I can see the Pacers in the top 4.

So really, who is top 4? This Knicks team will be good, and they still have money to add. Let's take the blinders off, let's step back from all of the Rose hate, and really look at what NY is doing. It's basically go for it now and with some added smaller pieces, they can be a legit East contender.
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#277 » by BIG Game » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
BIG Game wrote:Noah was my favorite Bull. I wanted him to retire a Bull, but our FOs ego is just to big. It'll be weirder seeing Noah in a NYK jersey then seeing Rose.

So our ego prevents us from dishing out a ridiculous John konkakian contract to a hobbled aging cheerleader who cand shoot or hit a layup because he has heart?

No debating that his contract is on the high side. But in think that your looking at the new cost for a starter.

And yes the FO's ego. Its that same ego allowed the FO to believe they could win without one of the best coaches in the league. That ego drives away top flight free agents and now our players.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#278 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Ice the knees wrote:Word. But I do think it's unfair to downplay the Knicks squad by saying "IF" because that's essentially been the Bulls model since the ACL injury. "IF..."

And now the Knicks have a well rounded starting 5, one the Bulls were essentially after 2 seasons ago, and us Bulls fans are acting like somehow the Knicks did us a favor. I mean what are we even discussing at this point on this board then? Bulls dropped the ball, Knicks picked it up, and the Knicks (and myself) would prefer the "IF" to Calderon/Butler/McD/Niko/Lopez. "IF" has potential to contend.

I don't think it's unfair at all. Even the hugest of Rose fans like me still know that he's a big "If" player right now. Noah, as much as he was the heart and soul of this team, is a big "if" player. Those things just don't disappear because of a new team.

The Bulls left a BMW on the side of the road. They can't get it to drive anymore without problems. Phil Jackson thinks he can fix it.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#279 » by DarthDiggler69 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

It will be nice for me because I live in NYC now and I did watch the knicks often if there wasnt a Bulls game on. I was watching the Knicks because I loved watching them lose and the crowd boo them, it was great. But now I get to watch Noah and Rose so its going to wierd, its like watching what the Bulls tried to be in 2014-2015
Ice the knees
Veteran

Post#280 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ice the knees wrote:Word. But I do think it's unfair to downplay the Knicks squad by saying "IF" because that's essentially been the Bulls model since the ACL injury. "IF..."

I don't think it's unfair at all. Even the hugest of Rose fans like me still know that he's a big "If" player right now. Noah, as much as he was the heart and soul of this team, is a big "if" player. Those things just don't disappear because of a new team.

The Bulls left a BMW on the side of the road. They can't get it to drive anymore without problems. Phil Jackson thinks he can fix it.

Right but we didn't say the Bulls sucked because of those "IF's". I mean even last year most of us fans had the Bulls as a 2-4 seed. So why now when the Knicks have a more capable roster should the expectations be lowered? I think objective the Knicks should be in that same range with expectations of being a 2-4 seed.

Return to Chicago Bulls