Image ImageImage Image

Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get Better

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get Better 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:09 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8B2ni6sKA#t=41[/youtube]

Got this from the general board. Starts around 2:34. The olympics might be great for the Bulls. Jimmy's clearly already making an early impression on his teammates, and something like this could go a long way towards recruiting.

People are laughing at the Kevin Durant idea (and I don't mean to make this into another KD thread), but the more respected Jimmy becomes around the league the more likely we are to be considered a premier destination by players around the NBA. If Derrick was healthy and was more enthusiastic about recruiting, we may have been seen as a more desirable destination. Butler can test that theory.

Chicago may not be the most desirable place, our team may not be great, but we should use playing with Jimmy as a selling tool as much as we can.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get Better 

Post#2 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 am

Jimmy's gaining a lot of respect around the league, but I think Derrick had a load of respect from his peers as well. Jimmy's obviously a lot more outgoing and charismatic though, which is the difference.

At the end of the day though, I don't think you're attracting anyone here until you can point to more than just one guy to play with. The roster just simply is not good enough to attract high level guys at this point, imo.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get ... 

Post#3 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:18 am

Id like to see Kyrie vs Jimmy. The whole Bulls team should be doing those kinds of drills
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Re: Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get Better 

Post#4 » by RememberLu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:23 am

I don't want Jimmy tutoring Kyrie at all. Keep Kyrie away from him. He's our enemy
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,418

Post#5 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:25 am

Great news. Keep it up Butler.

Has to sell himself and the organization nicely in Rio.

Remember, Lebron/Wade/Bosh agreed to play together in 08.
Paxson43
Sixth Man
And1: 588

Post#6 » by Paxson43 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 am

I think what I like the most about the Olympics is that it really allows Jimmy to interact with (well, I was going to say 'the elite of the elite' but looking over the roster that certainly is not true) upper echelon basketball players. I'm sure he can learn a few things and really if he wanted to go the recruiting route he could try to get in the ears of Kevin Durant, Harrison Barnes, etc.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#7 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:32 am

Too bad its not Durant saying it :D
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#8 » by chifan1798 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 am

I think JImmy has gained a lot of respect around the league. Now, if only his teammates can have enough respect for him to follow his lead, and gain that type of work ethic to improve their games.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,756

Post#9 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:39 am

If Butler wants to win I. Chicago (and back up his "need more players" comments) he'll need to do itself. Garpax are.not going to get guys to sign with the bulls, it will fall to Butler to get that done. Will it? Time will tell.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#10 » by Mech Engineer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 am

Recruiting might help but your ability to win/your organization matters too. Melo has been friendly and has been talking to every star when he is in such environments. Nobody good has gone to play with Melo. There might be some truth to the Miami guys scheming in the Beijing Olympics but Wade himself was a winner and they had Pat Riley for those guys to believe.

That said, Jimmy has to focus on the set of stars who have been drafted in 2010-2013 drafts. Those are the guys he has to go after. If you click in free agency, it is a huge bonus. You get a developed star who is ready to contribute right away. That is something you don't get with a draft pick
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#11 » by Rerisen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 am

Yeah when Kyrie was coming into the league, he asked to play Kobe 1v1.

Kobe retires.... next best Jimmy. :)
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#12 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:17 am

Maybe he should master trying to beat Justin Holiday first. After that, then he can approach Jimmy.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#13 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:24 am

I've been surprised that melo hasn't been able to recruit anyone I guess we will see what 2017 FA has in store for them "la familia" team up
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 am

Jvaughn wrote:Maybe he should master trying to beat Justin Holiday first. After that, then he can approach Jimmy.

I know you are joking, but he just whipped Curry's ass in the Finals. Kyrie is better than Jimmy IMO.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#15 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:14 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:Maybe he should master trying to beat Justin Holiday first. After that, then he can approach Jimmy.

I know you are joking, but he just whipped Curry's ass in the Finals. Kyrie is better than Jimmy IMO.

While you can definitely make the argument that Kyrie is better than Jimmy, I wouldn't use this past finals to platform that. Neither player (Steph or Kyrie) was really guarding the other, and Curry just crapped the bed. Kyrie didn't have much to do with that.

And I brought up Holiday because he completely shutdown Kyrie in our last matchup. I really wanted to keep that kid. Was hoping he could be a long term rotation player.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Re: Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get ... 

Post#16 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:07 am

People like Jimmy. He's got personality
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#17 » by dice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 am

chifan1798 wrote:I think JImmy has gained a lot of respect around the league. Now, if only his teammates can have enough respect for him to follow his lead, and gain that type of work ethic to improve their games.

as long as he's humble about it, i'm sure they will. he's the undisputed team leader now
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: Kyrie: I'm Telling Jimmy Butler I want to Play 1 ON 1 W/You Everyday and Get ... 

Post#18 » by Rerisen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:People like Jimmy. He's got personality

Hollywood as hell!
dice
RealGM

Post#19 » by dice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:49 am

Jvaughn wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

While you can definitely make the argument that Kyrie is better than Jimmy...

no, you really can't. more talented, sure. but most of the league is more talented than jimmy
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#20 » by dice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

also incorrect

kyrie averaged 27/4/4/2s/3to, 56%ts
curry averaged 23/5/4/1s/4to, 58%ts

curry was bad and still put up comparable numbers. kyrie certainly wasn't dominant. neither was worth a damn handling point guard responsibilities

Return to Chicago Bulls