Image ImageImage Image

Jimmy enjoying the Team USA experience

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

omg516
Ballboy
And1: 2

Jimmy enjoying the Team USA experience 

Post#1 » by omg516 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Any else see these clips? I still remember seeing Butler check into his first game as a rookie, crazy to see him being the loudest one on that bus with some of the best players on the planet.

umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,223

Re: Jimmy enjoying the Team USA experience 

Post#2 » by umfan83 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Kyrie to Bulls when he's a FA confirmed

But in all seriousness, I think this is refreshing to see Jimmy blend in with the superstars of the league. I don't criticize Derrick for not being that guy, in fact we embraced him for it when he was at the top, but at the end of the day can't you see one or more of these guys bonding with Jimmy and saying "I want to play with that dude someday"
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#3 » by Benedict Miller » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:01 pm

WestsideResider
Head Coach
And1: 3,085

Post#4 » by WestsideResider » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Meanwhile in Melo & Derrick's text thread

Melo: "Yeah man, I see what you mean"
Derrick: "LOL told u"
I'm not here to argue.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#5 » by pb-ceo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 pm

no wonder melo can't recruit. lol.
YettiBull
Pro Prospect
And1: 175

Post#6 » by YettiBull » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:52 pm

I think there is a lot of truth to this. Jimmy being selected to play and spend time with the elite players goes a lot further than just the team, this is where relationships are made and these super teams are formed. Jimmy WILL attract stars to come play here, just hope Hoiberg can coach..

umfan83 wrote:Kyrie to Bulls when he's a FA confirmed

But in all seriousness, I think this is refreshing to see Jimmy blend in with the superstars of the league. I don't criticize Derrick for not being that guy, in fact we embraced him for it when he was at the top, but at the end of the day can't you see one or more of these guys bonding with Jimmy and saying "I want to play with that dude someday"
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#7 » by xpmar9x » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:06 pm

YettiBull wrote:I think there is a lot of truth to this. Jimmy being selected to play and spend time with the elite players goes a lot further than just the team, this is where relationships are made and these super teams are formed. Jimmy WILL attract stars to come play here, just hope Hoiberg can coach..

Praying that guy is Boogie Cousins. He's got this year and next year under contract w/ SAC.. will be 27 when he hits free agency (arguably his prime). Rondo/Wade will both be off the books (both potentially next year), so we should have some spending money (even if we sign a max guy next summer). Just imagine if Doug/Portis develop into what I believe they can..

____-Jim-Doug-Portis-Boogie
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#8 » by Boneman2 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Anyone know why he was photographed wearing a Pacers hat?

I'd post the photo but Im having a little trouble.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Post#9 » by jumpmanjay » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm loving the whole Jimmy-Kyrie BFF thing. Hopefully it means Kyrie here, and not Jimmy there.
keithmad42
Senior
And1: 157

Post#10 » by keithmad42 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:01 am

From the looks of that video, everybody was smiling other than Melo. Keep it up Jimmy, so glad our best player is smart and has an outgoing personality.

Melo might say the right things but he knows his team is a train-wreck waiting to happen and that he is past his prime and declining. He once was considered the best offensive player in the league. Now Durant makes him look old, fat, and slow.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#11 » by Little Digger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:07 am

That's exactly what Melo looks like during these exhibition games..Old, fat and slow.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#12 » by The Force. » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:29 am

lol @ Durant looking like Elliott from ET.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#13 » by pylb » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:54 am

Boneman2 wrote:Anyone know why he was photographed wearing a Pacers hat?

Probably the same reason PG once wore a Bulls hat and Rose an LA hat. Because they wanted to.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#14 » by chifan1798 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:38 am

Benedict Miller wrote:

Lol, Melo looks like he's ready to smack someone, but may be just that he is missing his boys Lebron, CP3 and Wade.

Glad Jimmy is having fun, and appears to be the life of the party.....keep making those connections Jimmy Boi :nod:
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#15 » by IcemanGervin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:48 am

Those two are basically BFF's it would appear.
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#16 » by IcemanGervin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:50 am

keithmad42 wrote:From the looks of that video, everybody was smiling other than Melo. Keep it up Jimmy, so glad our best player is smart and has an outgoing personality.

Melo might say the right things but he knows his team is a train-wreck waiting to happen and that he is past his prime and declining. He once was considered the best offensive player in the league. Now Durant makes him look old, fat, and slow.

you derived all of that from a vanessa carlton sing-a-long he chose not to participate in? :lol:
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#17 » by Boneman2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:17 am

pylb wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:Anyone know why he was photographed wearing a Pacers hat?

Probably the same reason PG once wore a Bulls hat and Rose an LA hat. Because they wanted to.

I noticed he had on the retro boy. Good taste.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#18 » by rtblues » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:46 am

Melo comes off like a sourpuss buzzkill... Just sayin'...
Then there's this:
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,769

Post#19 » by jc23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:51 am

Niko, Jimmy and Felicio playing Olympic ball should allow for a faster start to the season. Those 3 will be primed and ready.

And then there is Bobby who has been in the gym all summer, Doug and Valentine playing on the select team, Rondo being around the young guys since signing...yeah i think we should be ready to go by opening night. Taj just needs to watch his elbows.,
Be curious, Not judgmental
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,769

Post#20 » by jc23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:54 am

everybody loved Derrick for not recruiting back in 2010-11. I find it funny how some now hold that against him. Unfortunately for us these players are cut from a new cloth and joining up is the new normal.
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls