Image ImageImage Image

Season predictions

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Re: Season predictions 

Post#61 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Going by that chart, I can see 50-55 wins easily.

We are not going 0-4 vs cleveland, we are more than likely going to split with the Celtics, maybe even 3-1 vs them, Celtics are a little overrated to me. . I can see us winning 1 extra game in toronto, so 2-1 vs them, I think we will beat the clippers here in chicago, I see us doing much better vs Washington who is a mess right now, wall doesn't even want to be there anymore, and probably another win vs Charlotte who is also trending down. I also don't believe we are going 0-2 vs the spurs

Barring injury of course, but 50 wins is easily attainable.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#62 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Crazy how high people are on this bad team.

Only good player is Butler. This teams defense is gonna be as bad or worse than last year. Got worse at shooting after the trade, which is crazy.

We bring in a bunch of bad players from bad teams, and now people think they will be good? Rondo has been trash for the last 3 years. Nothing will change there. Lopez anchored a bad knicks defense last year. He wont do much this year. Wade is another year older and wont go hard both ways nonstop.

35 wins this year and the 10-11 seed. Only way this team makes the playoffs is if injuries to other teams keep happening. Like Reggie with the pistons, middleton with the bucks, etc.
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,918

Post#63 » by ILC » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Going by that chart, I can see 50-55 wins easily.

We are not going 0-4 vs cleveland, we are more than likely going to split with the Celtics, maybe even 3-1 vs them, Celtics are a little overrated to me. . I can see us winning 1 extra game in toronto, so 2-1 vs them, I think we will beat the clippers here in chicago, I see us doing much better vs Washington who is a mess right now, wall doesn't even want to be there anymore, and probably another win vs Charlotte who is also trending down. I also don't believe we are going 0-2 vs the spurs

Barring injury of course, but 50 wins is easily attainable.

Literally nothing would surprise me. Winning 55 or 35, nothing.

I agree on all your points, but as I said I tried to be pessimistic and put worst case scenario because that's usually how you get a good number when you don't account for injuries, rest, traveling, chemistry, bad day, crazy night from the opponent etc.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#64 » by Bulls03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:40 pm

matt3254 wrote:If Healthy.

50 wins - 2-4 seed - ECF.

I only fear the Cavs and Knicks (only if Rose breaks out again) in the playoffs, superstar and superstar potential teams. No disrespect to the other guys who I'm sure will make me have a change of heart when the time comes.

I don't see why the hell not though, unless you really believe those "but on paper" arguments. We have the best starting line-up in the East outside of the LeBrons.

I agreed with everything until the part about the Knicks. They're garbage and have 0 depth. We've been saying the same thing about Rose for 4 years now, he's not going to be that good.
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#65 » by Bulls03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:43 pm

So people think this team will be worse than last years and that Butler is our only good player? I'm cracking up! The Warriors shooting 3s has really screwed up everyone's mindset on how to play ball. They would be 0-2 in the finals had Kyrie and alive been healthy.
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#66 » by Bulls03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Also for all the "lack" of shooting we have were right in the middle of the league in 3pt% and 4th in the league in FG% while averaging 109PPG. Seems like offense isn't much of a problem.

Also just a reminder that Freds system this year has changed and he wants multiple playmakers on the floor at all times. We have that.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#67 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Bulls03 wrote:

I only fear the Cavs and Knicks (only if Rose breaks out again) in the playoffs, superstar and superstar potential teams. No disrespect to the other guys who I'm sure will make me have a change of heart when the time comes.

I don't see why the hell not though, unless you really believe those "but on paper" arguments. We have the best starting line-up in the East outside of the LeBrons.

I agreed with everything until the part about the Knicks. They're garbage and have 0 depth. We've been saying the same thing about Rose for 4 years now, he's not going to be that good.

Just like people have been saying for rondo for 3-4 years now.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#68 » by sco » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Look it is hard to predict how this team will do...

Support for <42 wins:
- Too many new faces - leading to too many turn-overs and defensive lapses as guys get used to each other and system
- Wade's age could limit his ability to contribute for full season
- We under value the impact of losing Pau and Noah
- Despite the "talk", Rondo needs to show he has value on the court
- Niko and Doug aren't the gold we hoped for

Support for >42 wins:
- Despite "on paper" losses of Rose, Noah, Pau, MDJ - their "on court" contributions last year are being overestimated
- Wade shows he's got enough in the tank to bring a few extra wins
- Cohesive focus on team and leadership by 3 alphas actually gets everyone on same page sooner than expected
- Niko and Doug become consistent contributors on offense and non-negatives on defense
- Lopez's being a good 2-way player is more valuable than having 2 great 1-way players
- One or more of Valentine, Dinwiddie, MCW, Grant, Zipser or Canaan proves to be a meaningful rotation player
:clap:
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#69 » by BigUps » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

While the NBA moves to jump shooting teams that play average defense, we've bucked the trend by going defensive minded players without shooters (and a coach who is offensive minded and love jumpshots fwiw).

As we saw with Thibs, this should work in the regular season. We will squeak into the playoffs with just over a .500 record and then will bow out quickly. We'll be a tough out in the playoffs because of our veteran leadership, but barring a midseason trade we simply don't have enough shooters to progress deep into the playoffs.
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,918

Post#70 » by ILC » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:08 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:

Except people have been very wrong about Rondo. There's so many misconceptions about him from people who don't even watch him anymore and never liked him so they got their 5 minutes.

I see people calling him trash, useless player which is obviously not even remotely true, as you guys evidenced in this preseason.

First he came back from ACL, played 30 games on a bad team. Then broke his hand and missed the entire camp and came back just in time for opening night. Team was still bad, no rim protectors or reliable scorers around him. He gets traded to a team whose coach never wanted him, plays a marginal role and people still blame him for everything how it ended in Dallas.

Then goes to Sacramento where the best player and coach feuded the whole summer and whole season. He put up good numbers, very good on offense, very bad on defense as the season went on. The thing is - that whole team was negative on defense, almost everyone was a net negative, but he's the only one getting the blame. You can't put those kinds of numbers without the ability to be a great player. As I already said - he has the ability to be great, it's just a matter of mindset, motivation and focusing on right things.

That unfortunate incident with Bill Kennedy happens - he's (rightfully) scrutinized for it, but later spends an entire day with a disabled kid, spends huge money on charity, helps kids in Chicago before he got there - no media coverage AT ALL. Apologizes live on ESPN for the Kennedy incident - people say he's on a PR tour trying to repair his image when before that all they wanted was for him to apologize publicly. It's always a lose-lose situation for him. I'm not saying someone has an agenda against him - it's just that they don't care enough to dig deeper and see the good stuff over the bad stuff. One gets national TV coverage, front page headlines and trending on social media for days, the other is pushed under the carpet.

Every single team mate, coach (except RC obv), member of staff, friends - people who actually interact with him on a daily basis - RAVE how good he is - nobody cares. But after the first rumor he raised his voice at someone there will be hell to pay.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#71 » by Bulls03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:15 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:

Rondo is better than Rose though. Give me 12-6-12 with the good leadership he's shown so far over anything Rose can give.
High level
Analyst
And1: 595

Post#72 » by High level » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Bulls03 wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:

Rondo is better than Rose though. Give me 12-6-12 with the good leadership he's shown so far over anything Rose can give.

Last two years Rose gamed warriors and cavs in same season. Owned Irving in regular season matchup We finished 3rd seed and we don't beat Milwaukee Bucks first round if we didn't have Rose cause Brooks wasn't gonna cut it. We don't win 2 games against cavs in series without Rose. All that's pretty impressive to me for someone to have three knee surgeries geesh. Rondo pretty much nothing but bad chemistry last two years but led league in assist with nothing behind it but losses. Now rondo has looked good in preseason and hopefully it can carry over to the season. With that said I think we are gonna be a good team this year at least better than last year. Too much talent on roster to not at least be the 5th or 4th seed. Hopefully we have better health as a team overall than last season.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#73 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:16 pm

All I know is, I saw rondo put on a masterpiece of a game vs a very quality opponent on their home floor, teague couldn't guard him and he ran the offense beautifully. Will he be mvp rose level good, probably not, but we don't need him to be. We have a really good top 7-9 in the rotation and rondo finds the big man in ways I've never seen here in chicago.

As long as rondo doesn't let the ball stick, and he takes his open shots, no hesitation, if you open take it, couple of times I saw him give up a shot to pull back and try and find a shooter, that has to stop, just take the shot, or drive to the hole. Teague gave rondo space and rondo burned him with lay up after lay up, that is what I want to see.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#74 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:02 pm

East is better, teams will mostly need to be above .500 to make post season. I expect Bulls are < or = .500 this year (most likely under) and Bulls miss postseason unless injuries knock the other teams out. Due to lack of chemistry, experience and lack of perimeter shooting
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#75 » by Bulls03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:40 pm

We may have the most negative fan base in the NBA. No one has faith in the team lol. They'll have a better record than last year I guarantee it.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#76 » by drosestruts » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Didn't think deserved it own thread, but found it interesting:

Read on Twitter

Bulls are going to have the third biggest change to players in the entire NBA this season. I think we'll see this team still adjusting to all the change through November, hopefully by December we get a clearer picture of what we can be.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,804

Post#77 » by jc23 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:19 pm

For better or worse this season will be interesting considering all the changes made. I would have almost 0 interest had we brought last years squad back.

the narrative about us is shooting but really it should be about defense. How many games will rondo and wade put effort on that end, especially in transition?

We have a very good defensive team if our guys play with that Thibs mentality or that vs lebron mentality.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#78 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Bulls03 wrote:We may have the most negative fan base in the NBA. No one has faith in the team lol. They'll have a better record than last year I guarantee it.

For the way this team is constructed I'd have a higher win prediction if someone like Tibbs was coaching.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#79 » by biggestbullsfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:26 pm

I can see us getting home court advantage. And if we cut down the turnovers, I can see us making the ECF if we stay healthy. That mostly depends on Wade tho. A healthy Wade, old or not, is still a superstar.

My biggest concern is our lack of chemistry. Jimmy is really our only returning starter (Not counting Taj since Mirotic started most of the games). Once we get some chemistry and turn down the turnovers, I think we can be better than people expect.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#80 » by MadGrinch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 pm

on talent alone i'd say a 50 win team all things being equal ....but they aren't equal , in the nba chemistry and fit are pretty important as well as health .

the team essentially turned over its roster of the top 14 bulls in minutes played only 4 will be on the opening day roster (butler, McDermott, niko and taj and Gibson logic dictates should be dealt very soon)

hoiberg is supposed to be this pace and space guru , but his roster cant shoot and is surprisingly old for a newly remade team, its a horrible mesh of players and philosophy , I expect the team to play faster than last year and be better offensively , but also to continue the slide defensively they showed the 2nd half of last season as they try to jam square pegs into round holes.

healthwise butler has showed an alarming propensity for missing games (about 15 a season) wade is clearly damaged goods on that front he had his worst season since his rookie year capable of about 30 minutes a game and hopefully 65 games I expect him to become a 3 point shooter this season to alieve the spacing issues and his own growing inability to be successful in 2 point range

2 seasons ago they were 11th in offensive rating , 11th in defensive rating and 23rd in pace
last season 23rd in offense 15 in defense and 15th in pace

I expect them this year to be around 15th on offense about 25th on defense and 10th in pace

my prediction 36-46
Its because I'm green isn't it?

Return to Chicago Bulls