Image ImageImage Image

OT: Ballstreams? Alternatives?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RomeDaDome
Junior
And1: 43

Re: OT: Ballstreams? Alternatives? 

Post#21 » by RomeDaDome » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:24 am

HomoSapien wrote:So just double checking...can you get CSN Chicago on Playstation Vue if you don't live in Chicago?

No, I don't think so. I'm doing the free trial right now and I'm sure it's region specific. I live in Michigan and the only channel remotely close to CSN that I get is FOX Sports Detroit.
bullsareback
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#22 » by bullsareback » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:39 pm

The Sling TV middle package ($25 a mo) lists CSN Chicago as coming soon. I think you may have to be in the Chicago region to get it. It streams thru Roku, etc. Going to look into it but haven't yet. Along with CSN there are several cable stations CNN, TNT & so on.
Hope that helps.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,156

Post#23 » by League Circles » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:47 pm

bullsareback wrote:The Sling TV middle package ($25 a mo) lists CSN Chicago as coming soon. I think you may have to be in the Chicago region to get it. It streams thru Roku, etc. Going to look into it but haven't yet. Along with CSN there are several cable stations CNN, TNT & so on.
Hope that helps.

Oh this is a very interesting development. Thanks for sharing.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#24 » by FriedRise » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 pm

RomeDaDome wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:So just double checking...can you get CSN Chicago on Playstation Vue if you don't live in Chicago?

No, I don't think so. I'm doing the free trial right now and I'm sure it's region specific. I live in Michigan and the only channel remotely close to CSN that I get is FOX Sports Detroit.

Yeah I believe it's based on your location.

Another annoying thing I see is recording a game. They don't have a "extend by 15 or 30 minutes" feature so a show always ends right on the dot. This will be a problem if/when a Bulls game goes overtime.. you just have to be diligent about recording the show AFTER the Bulls game to work around this, which could be tedious.

But overall, we're pretty happy with the service. We bought a PS4 remote to fully mimic the cable experience, and they just announced they'll be adding HBO and Cinemax so that blurs the line even more. We tried it out for almost a week now and will be canceling DirecTV.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#25 » by rtblues » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Interesting is that nba league pass is priced differently in various countries.
Here it comes out to $41.25 for the season. Might do it.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#26 » by doctaJ_92 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:12 pm

rtblues wrote:Interesting is that nba league pass is priced differently in various countries.

I think if you used an Indian proxy last year, that was the cheapest price. Previously it was Indonesia I believe.

When you say 'here' for 41.25, where do you mean? I'm in Canada and they don't even have the prices listed yet, though I'm going to go on some different proxies this afternoon and see what the prices are in different countries...
Read on Twitter
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#27 » by gardenofsound » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Would there be any blackout on PS Vue for Bulls games on CSN?

I'm strongly considering cutting cable from Comcast. I'm so, so done with their hidden fees and lack of honesty when it comes to plan subscriptions.

I have Blast internet with them (75 mbps). I'm guessing that I can stay with this and be able to support decent HD streaming. I'll buy HBO Now and limit Scumcast to just internet since, really, no one else compares to them right now for bandwidth.

If there won't be any Bulls game blackouts with Vue, I'll call Comcast today and tell them to cut my cable.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#28 » by PaKii94 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:08 pm

gardenofsound wrote:Would there be any blackout on PS Vue for Bulls games on CSN?

I'm strongly considering cutting cable from Comcast. I'm so, so done with their hidden fees and lack of honesty when it comes to plan subscriptions.

I have Blast internet with them (75 mbps). I'm guessing that I can stay with this and be able to support decent HD streaming. I'll buy HBO Now and limit Scumcast to just internet since, really, no one else compares to them right now for bandwidth.

If there won't be any Bulls game blackouts with Vue, I'll call Comcast today and tell them to cut my cable.

I had comcast up until this summer. Switched to WOW, they have similar speeds. Internet does randomly go down a day or two a month but I think the savings came out to about $30-40 a month with a bit faster speeds (comcast I had 50 mbps, WOW has a 60 mbps)
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#29 » by gardenofsound » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 pm

I work from home quite a bit so cannot afford that frequency of internet outage.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#30 » by Ralphb07 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:34 pm

League Circles wrote:
bullsareback wrote:The Sling TV middle package ($25 a mo) lists CSN Chicago as coming soon. I think you may have to be in the Chicago region to get it. It streams thru Roku, etc. Going to look into it but haven't yet. Along with CSN there are several cable stations CNN, TNT & so on.
Hope that helps.

Oh this is a very interesting development. Thanks for sharing.

Sling is awesome and well worth the money... It gives me the local Florida teams so you'd think it would have the Chicago teams for you guys... I got Sling to watch the TNT games.
Martial
Junior
And1: 269

Post#31 » by Martial » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:23 am

blazeyo wrote:what about Kodi? there are channels that stream the games.

This.

I use Kodi for the EPL and it's great. I imagine there will be NBA stuff on there when the time comes.

If not reddit/nbastreams is always good.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#32 » by rtblues » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:50 am

doctaJ_92 wrote:
rtblues wrote:Interesting is that nba league pass is priced differently in various countries.

I think if you used an Indian proxy last year, that was the cheapest price. Previously it was Indonesia I believe.

When you say 'here' for 41.25, where do you mean? I'm in Canada and they don't even have the prices listed yet, though I'm going to go on some different proxies this afternoon and see what the prices are in different countries...

I had a $ in front of that $41.25, so, yeah, U.S.$.

I am in Prague, and simply converted the price offered in Czech Crowns to U.S. dollars. At $41.25 for the year, I don't need to use a VPN and trick the system, since the NBA-LP price for the season in the U.S. is like $300, but with blackouts.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#33 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm on a trial of PlayStation Vue and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I'm having a much better experience than I did with SlingTV.

Noticed when the Cubs played on WLS it wasn't available on VUE due to some type of black out restrictions. Hoping I don't run into that with Bulls games because this seems like the service I've been looking for.
#sadbullsfan

Return to Chicago Bulls